Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Priest Album is Finished!

Go down 
+50
mikeinfla
A Handful of Wayne
Required Fields
jstate
bass63
TrogDawn
iamrockerfun
Shawn Of Fire
Glower
onrypt
Hadley
BearOnUnicycle
Lovecraft
Wayne
manny
ZombieHavoc
springozzy
Rex
brokentulsa
Eyesore
MetalRob331
ElectricEye93
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
exact33
Runicen
deathisgain
mr.electric39
nevermore
Vexer6
glassprison
ultmetal
thejokeriv
mc666
corplhicks
Lari
James B.
Dark Horseman
Metal Misfit
Temple of Blood
metalinmyveins
MoonChild
Gilbert
MetallicSeminarian
Boris2008
Orion Crystal Ice
choosemetal
Witchfinder
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 12:12 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Loch Ness is awful.  One of the worst tracks in the band's discography.

I didn't say THAT. I just said I didn't want anyone to catch me rocking out to it.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 12:23 pm

What's wrong with the lyrics?

Asking a lake to confess its mysteries to you? Meh, I've heard worse.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 12:25 pm

Looks like Priest has their first Billboard Top 10 release with Redeemer Of Souls.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 12:27 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
Looks like Priest has their first Billboard Top 10 release with Redeemer Of Souls.

Two thumbs up from me. Better late than never!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 12:28 pm

That's certainly surprising because, one: Screaming for Vengeance sold double platinum, and two: it's now year 2014.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 12:30 pm

Runicen wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

I didn't say THAT.  I just said I didn't want anyone to catch me rocking out to it.   Laughing 

Ugh. The lyrics are total garbage and the song is a turgid, boring mess. It's a real stinker at the end of that album. They should have ended AOR with "Eulogy" - that makes more sense anyway from a lyrical standpoint.

But anyway, rock out to it if you like it.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 12:40 pm

Lari wrote:
That's certainly surprising because, one: Screaming for Vengeance sold double platinum, and two: it's now year 2014.

It's very easy to get on the charts today considering the diminished quantity of physical sales. They only sold approx 30K and that's enough to get you in the top ten now. Ah well, good for Priest.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 12:58 pm

We're back in Victrola-era sales figures. Now if only the promo pictures bands take would reflect this. I'd pay good money for a sepia-toned picture of the Priest dressed in old "First Class on the Titanic" suits with Rob sporting a top hat and monocle.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 1:03 pm

Runicen wrote:
We're back in Victrola-era sales figures.  Now if only the promo pictures bands take would reflect this.  I'd pay good money for a sepia-toned picture of the Priest dressed in old "First Class on the Titanic" suits with Rob sporting a top hat and monocle.

lol! 
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 2:07 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Runicen wrote:
One thing I have to give RoS over AoR is that I kind of cringe when Loch Ness comes on and someone else is in the room (second only to Roger Taylor for some lyrics you just don't want friends to know you're digging).  There is no such song on RoS where the lyric is so rudimentary that I just want to hide.

So...  Winning?

I don't think it's "awful" at all I think it's one of the bands more underrated songs, i don't see anything wrong with the lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 2:08 pm

Runicen is on a roll.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 2:12 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

Lol Lochness was my favorite song on the album  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 2:20 pm

Lari wrote:
Runicen is on a roll.

I restocked my supply of pop rocks and coke today.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 2:55 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Runicen wrote:
One thing I have to give RoS over AoR is that I kind of cringe when Loch Ness comes on and someone else is in the room (second only to Roger Taylor for some lyrics you just don't want friends to know you're digging).  There is no such song on RoS where the lyric is so rudimentary that I just want to hide.

So...  Winning?

I don't think it's "awful" at all I think it's one of the bands more underrated songs, i don't see anything wrong with the lyrics.

Super. Enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 2:56 pm

Rex wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

Baffling to me, but glad you enjoy the hell out of it.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 1:51 am

I love Loch Ness! But yes the poeticism is horrid. Trying to remember the last time the band wrote decent lyrics...The Sentinel, maybe?
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 4:31 am

Lari wrote:
What's wrong with the lyrics?

Asking a lake to confess its mysteries to you? Meh, I've heard worse.

Putting it like that makes it all sound kinda silly... Laughing

Regard Redeemer of Souls; I like it, but it really is nothing exciting imo. Haven't heard the songs from the bonus disc yet though. The only tracks that I really liked were the first three, the rest is kinda meh.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 5:01 am

corplhicks wrote:
I love Loch Ness! But yes the poeticism is horrid. Trying to remember the last time the band wrote decent lyrics...The Sentinel, maybe?
I think lyrically they've always been pretty solid.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 12:32 pm

Debuted at #6 with 32,000 copies sold. Wow, sales ARE down across the board these days.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 12:43 pm

Rex wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

headbanger  I've loved that song from the first time I heard it. To each their own though.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 12:45 pm

Oh and I have to say the more I listen to Redeemer,the more I like it. It's a definite grower.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 12:56 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
Debuted at #6 with 32,000 copies sold. Wow, sales ARE down across the board these days.
Nostradamus sold 42,000 copies in US in its first week.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 12:59 pm

Lari wrote:
mikeinfla wrote:
Nostradamus sold 42,000 copies in US in its first week.

I wonder if that is actually 21,000 copies because Nostradamus was a double album - or is that not how they count sales anymore?
Back to top Go down
Lovecraft
Metal student
Metal student
Lovecraft

Number of posts : 120

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 1:15 pm

mikeinfla wrote:

Definitely.  Both physical and purchased downloads are down, physical disc sales are down 19% from last year, digital sales are down 11% from last year.

Meanwhile, streaming has risen over 42% and LP sales are also up 40%.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 3:59 am

Finally managed to find some time to sit down and give this album a good listen to this morning.

Really enjoyed it. I've found something to like on every track which is cool so no filler in my opinion. My only criticisms would be that some of the songs sound to me like they would have benefited from being played a little bit faster and whilst I think Robs voice sounds great I do miss his screams which understandably are pretty much absent.

Overall its a decent solid album.

Looking forward to seeing how some of these songs sound live.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Priest Album is Finished!
Page 16 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next