Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Priest Album is Finished!

Go down 
+50
mikeinfla
A Handful of Wayne
Required Fields
jstate
bass63
TrogDawn
iamrockerfun
Shawn Of Fire
Glower
onrypt
Hadley
BearOnUnicycle
Lovecraft
Wayne
manny
ZombieHavoc
springozzy
Rex
brokentulsa
Eyesore
MetalRob331
ElectricEye93
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
exact33
Runicen
deathisgain
mr.electric39
nevermore
Vexer6
glassprison
ultmetal
thejokeriv
mc666
corplhicks
Lari
James B.
Dark Horseman
Metal Misfit
Temple of Blood
metalinmyveins
MoonChild
Gilbert
MetallicSeminarian
Boris2008
Orion Crystal Ice
choosemetal
Witchfinder
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 12:23 pm

I'm looking forward to this one. It sounds much more interesting than Nostradamus, which just had to much filler and frills and not enough grab-you-by-the-jugular Priest tracks.

Metal novice
Metal novice
ElectricEye93

Number of posts : 53

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 12:37 pm

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 12:49 pm

Nice solo. Great to finally hear a full tune from this.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 12:54 pm

That sounded like an average Halford track. The more I hear of this, the less I like it. Nostradamus had stronger tracks than this.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 1:34 pm

Sounds good.

I don't remember anything from Nostradamus at all. I hated that album.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 2:11 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
That sounded like an average Halford track.  The more I hear of this, the less I like it.  Nostradamus had stronger tracks than this.
Disagree, so far the songs from this album that i've heard are a thousand times better then anything on Nostradamus.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 2:27 pm

I dunno, this is what, the 3rd or 4th sneaky peek I've heard from the new JP now, and I still haven't heard anything that's made me go "Holy sh*t, that kicked ass, this album is gonna rule, first day buyer right here!" like I'd hoped.

Nothing has been out-and-out "bad," but the samples have been mainly "meh" so far.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 2:31 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I dunno, this is what, the 3rd or 4th sneaky peek I've heard from the new JP, and I still haven't heard anything that's made me go "Holy sh*t, this is gonna rule, first day buyer right here!" like I'd hoped.

Nothing has been out-and-out "bad," but the samples have been mainly "meh" so far.

I agree.  So far, most of the tracks sound solid, but not amazing.  My guess is it will be reminiscent of Angel of Retribution - standard Priest without any mind-blowing cuts.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 2:36 pm

But AoR has mind-blowing cuts. Judas Rising and Hellrider for example. Even the title track to Nostradamus was far, far better than this stuff. This stuff almost could've been written by Roy Z.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 2:45 pm

I think Priest, much like other older bands, have finally come around to the old "Let's just give the fans what they want" idea. I'm not saying that they're being lazy or phoning it in, but they know at this point in their career it's just easier this way.

They aren't gonna sell millions, they aren't gonna get radio play, they probably aren't gonna garner any new fans. They don't need to tour the world and hope the "new stuff" catches on. So why try and re-invent the wheel or do something experimental and over-blown? KISS knew it, the Scorpions knew it. Even bands like Ratt and LA Guns know it. Look at their last releases.

Priest knows this. And I'm ok with that.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 2:49 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
But AoR has mind-blowing cuts.  Judas Rising and Hellrider for example.  Even the title track to Nostradamus was far, far better than this stuff.  This stuff almost could've been written by Roy Z.
Don't see any Roy Z resemblance at all, Nostradamus sounded like a band that was completely out of ideas, the songs had little to no energy or excitement at all, this is the first time Priest actually sound full of well life since AOD.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 3:03 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I think Priest, much like other older bands, have finally come around to the old "Let's just give the fans what they want" idea. I'm not saying that they're being lazy or phoning it in, but they know at this point in their career it's just easier this way.

They aren't gonna sell millions, they aren't gonna get radio play, they probably aren't gonna garner any new fans. They don't need to tour the world and hope the "new stuff" catches on. So why try and re-invent the wheel or do something experimental and over-blown? KISS knew it, the Scorpions knew it. Even bands like Ratt and LA Guns know it. Look at their last releases.

Totally agree. And "Nostradamus" was not phoned in (although it is not my favorite JP album or the style I would've chosen for them) but this stuff sounds like it was. I'd rather hear them go in a new direction in an inspired way than give me half-hearted material in the classic Priest style.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 3:19 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Totally agree.  And "Nostradamus" was not phoned in (although it is not my favorite JP album or the style I would've chosen for them) but this stuff sounds like it was.  I'd rather hear them go in a new direction in an inspired way than give me half-hearted material in the classic Priest style.

I don't think for a minute that Nostradamus was phoned-in. It was a huge undertaking for any band to do at any time in their career. It was highly ambitious and took a lot of talent and work. Unfortunately it didn't work. It had some moments, but it failed on too many levels. And I think the members of the band know this now. While they might not publicly admit to it, they realize they went in over their heads on that one and have reeled in back in for Redeemer.

In a bizarre sort of fashion, it's the same thing Metallica did with St. Anger, just in a different style. They tried to do something way different than the norm and went out on a limb, but the end result failed to deliver on soooooo many levels. They knew it in hindsight and then tried to right the ship and give the fans what they wanted with Death Magnetic. Which also kinda failed, but that's another story.  Razz 

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 4:00 pm

"Dragonaut" actually sounds like Priest...I like it.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 4:12 pm

Sounds good to me - I already pre-ordered the deluxe version from Amazon. Looking forward to the album! I liked Nostradamus, but the samples so far on this one sound better and more "Priest like." I have to agree with Keith that it's not mind-blowing "HOLY SHIT!!!" type stuff, but seems to be on par to my initial reaction to the AOR samples.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 4:31 pm

Every track has sounded golden to me thus far. This could easily end up being my #1 album of the year, and I'm not even a Priest die-hard.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 4:55 pm

It sounds okay, it sounds like Priest. It's just that I own 12 records that sound like Priest, do I really need another?

Probably if I see it cheap (like I just did with Nostradamus) but I'll not be rushing to add it.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 7:15 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Totally agree.  And "Nostradamus" was not phoned in (although it is not my favorite JP album or the style I would've chosen for them) but this stuff sounds like it was.  I'd rather hear them go in a new direction in an inspired way than give me half-hearted material in the classic Priest style.

This dosen't sound "half-hearted" at all, Nostradamus suffers from the same problems as KISS "Music From The Elder" in that it sounds like a band that's trying way too hard to be something they're not.

Also don't think Death Magnetic "failed" at all, most fans of the band quite enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 8:14 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
"Dragonaut" actually sounds like Priest...I like it.

my thoughts too.

Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 8:48 pm

I haven't sampled the album - I've actually avoided clicking on anything so I'll have a good, proper first listen experience. But yesterday I was carpooling to work and heard a song on the radio. I don't know which one, I wasn't paying attention, I just remember thinking "a decent sounding fresh song on the rock radio, how about that?"... and then a moment later they said it was Judas Priest. I can't believe I didn't recognise Halford.

I'm a little bit excited now. I don't usually like rock radio stations and the only times I've ever heard something new (to me) on the radio and actually got excited about it without knowing what it was, I ended up buying the album the next day. Those two albums were the debut album by the Darkness, and the Battle Beast s/t.

I guess what I'm saying is, leave your car home sometimes, and carpool.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 2:04 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Sounds good to me - I already pre-ordered the deluxe version from Amazon. Looking forward to the album! I liked Nostradamus, but the samples so far on this one sound better and more "Priest like." I have to agree with Keith that it's not mind-blowing "HOLY SHIT!!!" type stuff, but seems to be on par to my initial reaction to the AOR samples.

You summed it up for me. This is exactly how I feel.

I think at this point, especially knowing how antique they're becoming (or they've become, depending on your point of view), I'm okay just getting good songs from them. They've written enough mind-blowers for the ages that I'm just happy to hear some good ol' Priest.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 6:33 pm

Yet another song snippet. This time it's "Battle Cry" -

Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 12:13 am

I think this entire album sounds like it's going to be better than Angel of Retribution.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 12:13 pm

Once again - here another snippet - this one's for "Metalizer."

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 8:35 pm

What's with all these little pieces ? I don't think I've ever seen this done before (or at least never paid attention to it).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Priest Album is Finished!
Page 9 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next