Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Priest Album is Finished!

Go down 
+50
mikeinfla
A Handful of Wayne
Required Fields
jstate
bass63
TrogDawn
iamrockerfun
Shawn Of Fire
Glower
onrypt
Hadley
BearOnUnicycle
Lovecraft
Wayne
manny
ZombieHavoc
springozzy
Rex
brokentulsa
Eyesore
MetalRob331
ElectricEye93
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
exact33
Runicen
deathisgain
mr.electric39
nevermore
Vexer6
glassprison
ultmetal
thejokeriv
mc666
corplhicks
Lari
James B.
Dark Horseman
Metal Misfit
Temple of Blood
metalinmyveins
MoonChild
Gilbert
MetallicSeminarian
Boris2008
Orion Crystal Ice
choosemetal
Witchfinder
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 4:07 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Unless it's about Vivian Campbell - the hell with that jerk.   Laughing 

What did he do?

Said unkind things about Dio and then proceeded to suck for the rest of his career?  I am sure he's a perfectly fine person, I meant it in jest.

He said some true things about Dio too that painted an unflattering image of another revered "metal god".  Just another metal sacred cow.

In legalese you are "assuming facts not in evidence."  Neither you nor I know the "true" story about Dio and Viv.  One party is dead and the other is obviously interested in presenting his side of the story.  

I know he was a deadbeat dad who never spent anytime with his kid because he said so.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 4:08 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
You missed my point. Halford most likely did all of that for money and could be completely disingenous.

Right.

Quote :
Ultimately, I don't care.  All that crap is trivial nonsene and doesn't impact how the album sounds.

No one said that it does.

Quote :
 I choose not to get wrapped around the axle about such things.  

But you issue a sarcastic comment on it when others are discussing it.

Quote :
I'm not going to institute some type of authenticity purity test when it comes to the music I enjoy.  

Good, me neither.  Again ... that wasn't the issue.

I will continue to issue sarcastic comments until further notice.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 4:09 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

What did he do?

Said unkind things about Dio and then proceeded to suck for the rest of his career?  I am sure he's a perfectly fine person, I meant it in jest.

He said some true things about Dio too that painted an unflattering image of another revered "metal god".  Just another metal sacred cow.

In legalese you are "assuming facts not in evidence."  Neither you nor I know the "true" story about Dio and Viv.  One party is dead and the other is obviously interested in presenting his side of the story.  

I know he was a deadbeat dad who never spent anytime with his kid because he said so.

My objection to this would be due to relevance. That has nothing to do with Vivian's claims.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 4:11 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

What did he do?

My objection to this would be due to relevance.  That has nothing to do with Vivian's claims.  

Right. But it just flies in the face of the perception that he was such a gentleman as many have portrayed him.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 4:12 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

While simultaneously claiming you "don't care"?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 4:29 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

While simultaneously claiming you "don't care"?

Maybe? Who can say?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 4:40 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
He's right about Halford just coming back to metal for money (and leaving metal in the 90s for the same reason).  Leaves when times are tough ... some "metal god".

I have no idea if he came back for money or maybe, just maybe he (gasps) enjoys the music in the genre he helped shape, with the band he was in most of his adult life.

Sometimes in life you want to try different things musically for various reasons. You don't eat the same meal everyday, have sex in only one postion , so why limit any artist to what kind of music he wants to create?

Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 4:55 pm

I've listened to the album (plus bonus tracks) once, completely. With a few songs getting extra play from me. I'm liking it a lot. It's much more enjoyable than Nostradamus to me and when you factor in the bonus tracks, I think I'll probably end up viewing it as being better than Angel of Retribution. It's a good mix of all Priest eras. If this ends up being their final album, I think it's a good one to go out on.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 5:01 pm

I'm going to my job in the morning. I'm going for the money, solely for the money because I'm an adult with bills & stuff. If I can get better money elsewhere for the job that I do, I will go there.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 5:02 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
I've listened to the album (plus bonus tracks) once, completely. With a few songs getting extra play from me. I'm liking it a lot. It's much more enjoyable than Nostradamus to me and when you factor in the bonus tracks, I think I'll probably end up viewing it as being better than Angel of Retribution. It's a good mix of all Priest eras. If this ends up being their final album, I think it's a good one to go out on.
Agreed, it's a huge improvement over Nostradamus in every possible way.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 9:55 pm

I like it better than Nostradamus already. I'm enjoying it. I'm not sure what all the negativity is about.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 8:38 am

I don't think there's anything wrong with it, but there's nothing that special about it to me. I listened to it on Spotify yesterday and there isn't much that will make me feel compelled to listen to it again today.

The Spotify version automatically has the bonus tracks, so it's an 18-song album. Way too long. 13 songs is too long to me. If they had released a 9-song album, it'd probably hit me harder. Then another 9-song album next year or the year after. I am not a fan of long albums, personally.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 9:06 am

If I remember correctly, the media and fans are who started calling Rob "The Metal God", and only because JP had a song called "Metal Gods" and it was an easy tag/reference to make. Rob just latched onto it and accepted...then ran with it. He didn't initially ascribe it to himself...he's just capitalizing on it.

And who gives a F*ck what someone said 20 years ago? Seriously. We ALL say stupid shit at different times in our lives that we go back on later. Just because Rob Halford did it doesn't mean anything...only that he's human.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 9:15 am

manny wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
He's right about Halford just coming back to metal for money (and leaving metal in the 90s for the same reason).  Leaves when times are tough ... some "metal god".

I have no idea if he came back for money or maybe, just maybe he (gasps) enjoys the music in the genre he helped shape, with the band he was in most of his adult life.

Sometimes in life you want to try different things musically for various reasons. You don't eat  the same meal everyday, have sex in only one postion , so why limit any artist to what kind of music he wants to create?

Manny nailed it again. I thought the Metal Fraud comment was funny and a joke.

As far as the financial arrangements, I seriously doubt King Fowley knows the truth about Priest's internal agreements on how gets paid what or the real reason KK left Priest. KK isn't talking about it and has taken the high road. What they decided is their business. Why KK left is his business - he had his reasons for retiring and he's taken the high road by not trashing what he worked to build.

As far as Halford's comments? So what, people change and their opinions change.

My take - Priest made a good album that I like. I think it's better than the last two and it's sounds like a classic style heavy metal album to my ears!

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 9:19 am

Boris2008 wrote:
I would just like to point out that Bruce Dickinson said some pretty derogatory things about metal when he left Maiden too.

I don't remember that either. People change - Dickinson is not the same person he was in the 90's, nor the 80's for that matter. Harris has stated that he noticed that Dickinson was a completely different person (and more mature) when they met to discuss his return. There was some bad blood between him and Maiden when he left, but the obviously patched things up and it's worked out well for all involved.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 11:37 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
I would just like to point out that Bruce Dickinson said some pretty derogatory things about metal when he left Maiden too.

I don't remember that either. People change - Dickinson is not the same person he was in the 90's, nor the 80's for that matter. Harris has stated that he noticed that Dickinson was a completely different person (and more mature) when they met to discuss his return. There was some bad blood between him and Maiden when he left, but the obviously patched things up and it's worked out well for all involved.

I agree and I think that the same goes for Rob, things with Priest obviously weren't working out for him at the time and maybe he was bored silly with metal (I have had similar times in my life) and spoke about how he felt. Now it seems as though he loves being back in Priest so good luck to him. Personally I haven't heard a Priest album that i have loved since Defenders but i hope this does well.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 12:14 pm

Got mine!  dancingthing 
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 11:25 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:

It's a solid album. The guitar tone is weak, but the songs are good, some great. "Never Forget" is laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame, though! F*ck that song. So cheesy.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 11:32 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
I don't think there's anything wrong with it, but there's nothing that special about it to me. I listened to it on Spotify yesterday and there isn't much that will make me feel compelled to listen to it again today.

The Spotify version automatically has the bonus tracks, so it's an 18-song album. Way too long. 13 songs is too long to me. If they had released a 9-song album, it'd probably hit me harder. Then another 9-song album next year or the year after. I am not a fan of long albums, personally.

Pay for it. That might compel you.

Seriously. This isn't a dig or anything, but I tend to think people who legally stream or illegally download albums are much quicker to dismiss them than someone who invests money into them. When there is nothing at stake, why give things a second chance?

You said, "There's nothing special about it." It's good, though. Good isn't special, but why isn't good good enough? Why does it have to knock your socks off?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 12:34 am

Almost picked this up at Best Buy despite not being in my budget. I chickened out at the last minute. I'd get around to it but I bought two CDs since March and have only listened to them a handful of times since. I think I need some more time to let my music passion rekindle, plus I can get it cheaper used. I think my biggest problem is that I had been listening to music at work so long in the past, that now I can't do that at work and I haven't been able to make myself set aside time on my days off for music. I will get it eventually though, as Priest is one of the few bands I've kept in my collection.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 1:58 am

Eyesore wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

It's a solid album. The guitar tone is weak, but the songs are good, some great. "Never Forget" is laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame, though! F*ck that song. So cheesy.
I personally really dig "Never Forget", I think Priest does these types of ballads quite well.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 4:16 am

I'm completely with eyesore on that song. I had to double check the credits for Desmond Child's name. Terribly trite garbage.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 5:02 am

corplhicks wrote:
I'm completely with eyesore on that song. I had to double check the credits for Desmond Child's name. Terribly trite garbage.

I might like it then as I never had any problem with Desmond Child credited songs. Heck, I even quite like his solo album.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 7:00 am

I got it in the mail today! Nice shiny paper and all, but I hate how the discs are in the sleeves in these kinds of digipaks. You have to pry them out, almost certainly touching the read side of the disc with your greasy fingers.

Anyway, I'll hold on listening to it until I get off work in the evening. I'll get a bottle of wine and make a night out of it.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 8:13 am

Spinning it now. I'm really digging it. Sounds like old school Priest to me! Time will tell where it falls in their catalog, but for now I'm seriously enjoying it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Priest Album is Finished!
Page 14 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next