Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You

Go down 
+45
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
Addy
kmorg
thejokeriv
Louder
candlemass
Olafsto
Gryphon-kl
Citanul
brokentulsa
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
jettafiend
Dark Horseman
iamrockerfun
chewie
James B.
krokus
exact33
Vexer6
ultmetal
metalinmyveins
Lurideath
jstate
Short-Fuse
MetalRob331
BearOnUnicycle
Thrasher73
Troublezone
Boris2008
corplhicks
mc666
rajah
Wurthless
akeldama
tul
Lari
martinsane
Orion Crystal Ice
tohostudios
bass63
DakotaRogers
MetallicSeminarian
Witchfinder
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

"Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 10:25 am

ultmetal wrote:
Anything by Saviour Machine. I've tried over and over again and this band does zero for me. (And they are not a metal band despite what people seem to believe.)

Great band, pity you don't get it...no, not a "metal band", but plenty of metallic moments peppered in for flavor.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 10:27 am

Snakes in the Playground - Bride

I like a few Bride lp's, this is not one of them.
Back to top Go down
Louder
Metal student
Metal student
Louder

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 10:37 am

Blues For The Red Sun by Kyuss. I really like Welcome To Sky Valley and ...And The Circus Leaves Town, but BftRS just annoys me.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 11:22 am

I tried to get into 'Defying The Rules' by Hibria again this morning and it didn't happen, so that too.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 12:39 pm

GnR - Appetite never did anything for me - always felt it was over-rated and still do.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 12:42 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
GnR - Appetite never did anything for me - always felt it was over-rated and still do.

I don't like GnR period. Never have.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 12:51 pm

akeldama wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

I don't like GnR period. Never have.
Neither do I
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 1:50 pm

Not a huge fan of Cannibal Corpse or Death Metal in general really, too many of the bands sound virtually identical to one another with it being almost impossible for me to distinguish between the vocals.

Also not a Vengeance Rising, Deliverance or Bride fan.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 3:46 pm

I think 'Perfect Symmetry' is one of the worst Fates Warning albums, there's great records before and after and that one is a dreary stick in the mud for the most part. Maybe 3 songs on there I dig a lot and those sound almost exactly like Queensrÿche.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 10:57 pm

"Seventh Son of a Seventh Son" - Iron Maiden

Not sure I'd classify this as one everyone loves, but I bloody well do, I think it's great!  headbanger 

BTW, this thread is not about bands you don't like, but particular albums.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 4:06 am

Guardian - Miracle Mile

Bleh (as is all Jamie Rowe albums)

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 9:02 am

Hmmmm

Id say

Metallica - St Anger
STP - Tiny Music Gifts From the Vatican Gift Shop
GNR - Chinese Democracy
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 9:06 am

Addy wrote:
Hmmmm

Id say

Metallica - St Anger
STP - Tiny Music Gifts From the Vatican Gift Shop
GNR - Chinese Democracy

I cant' speak for the STP album cuz I've never heard it, but on what planet are "St. Anger" and "Chinese Democracy" albums that everyone "loves?"  surprised 

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 9:58 am

Black Sabbath - Born Again

I see so much praise for this album...to me, it's just "OK" and the times I do give it a spin, I am reminded of that.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 8:19 am

Anthrax - Among the Living
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 8:49 am

Boris2008 wrote:

I love it, but it is weaker than Spreading the Disease, State of Euphoria, and Persistence of Time.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 8:51 am

Anything by Rush
Anything by Led Zepplin
Anything by Judas Priest
Most of Kiss' catalog (early stuff is good)
Anything by Manowar  sick 
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 8:52 am

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

I love it, but it is weaker than Spreading the Disease, State of Euphoria, and Persistence of Time.

This
Back to top Go down
rajah
Metal student
Metal student
rajah

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 9:00 am

Addy wrote:
Anything by Rush
Anything by Led Zepplin
Anything by Judas Priest
Most of Kiss' catalog (early stuff is good)
Anything by Manowar  sick 
Wow! Priest and Zeppelin are two of my all time favorites. Love me some Kiss and Rush as well, but can see why some people don't like them, But Priest and Zeppelin,Wow!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 9:01 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

This

It's also weaker than Fistfull of Metal & Worship Music
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 9:47 am

Echo Led Zeppelin.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 10:33 am

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon. Don't know why, just never really did much for me. I like it and all, and think it's a good album. I'm a big Floyd fan, so it has kind of bothered me that I didn't love it. I have warmed to the album in recent times, especially on a killer sound system things pop that I never heard before.

Slayer. Good band with some good songs. I fail to see why they are as revered as great and influential.

Judas Priest - British Steel. This album has never appealed to me and I don't really care for any of the hits off of this that are now staples.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 12:51 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

This

I'm not the biggest Anthrax fan. As much as I adore thrash, they never did anything for me, except for the first three records. Part of it is Joey's voice, part of it is various thrash bands were putting out much better stuff at the time. Also, does anyone here think they get too much credit as one of the first big thrash bands?
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 12:57 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

This

I'm not the biggest Anthrax fan. As much as I adore thrash, they never did anything for me, except for the first three records. Part of it is Joey's voice, part of it is various thrash bands were putting out much better stuff at the time. Also, does anyone here think they get too much credit as one of the first big thrash bands?

When they're in their prime, Anthrax is my favorite thrash band, behind Tourniquet.
Back to top Go down
rajah
Metal student
Metal student
rajah

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 1:10 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

This

Anthrax and Metallica were the first big thrash bands that I remember.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next