Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You

Go down 
+45
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
Addy
kmorg
thejokeriv
Louder
candlemass
Olafsto
Gryphon-kl
Citanul
brokentulsa
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
jettafiend
Dark Horseman
iamrockerfun
chewie
James B.
krokus
exact33
Vexer6
ultmetal
metalinmyveins
Lurideath
jstate
Short-Fuse
MetalRob331
BearOnUnicycle
Thrasher73
Troublezone
Boris2008
corplhicks
mc666
rajah
Wurthless
akeldama
tul
Lari
martinsane
Orion Crystal Ice
tohostudios
bass63
DakotaRogers
MetallicSeminarian
Witchfinder
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

"Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 3:23 pm

I'll admit to finding GNR's Appetite For Destruction to be just a tad overpraised, it's a good album but I don't think it's a masterpiece by any means.

I'm also not the hugest fan of Iron Maiden's most praised albums(Powerslave, Piece Of Mind, Number Of The Beast) I prefer stuff like "No Prayer For The Dying" and "Fear Of The Dark"
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 3:52 pm

very interesting reading.
Kiss Revenge, not very into it, just copule of songs for me is better CoS.
Led Zeppelin everything after ZoSo(IV), unlistenable.
Ozzy Diary of Madman wtf ? no song to remember except one wth ?
Judas Priest all album till British Steel, just strange listen and not interesteting.
Van Halen only VH I is okay with me and rest is below average. some hit singles are good but not whole ablums.
Dream Theater i love FII but never get really into all before after albums, dunno why. listen them all but none of them drag me as FII.

Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 4:09 pm

I prefer Black Sabbath with Dio over Ozzy.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 5:05 pm

I prefer KISS's 80s output to their 70s material.

Agreed on Black Sabbath.

Judas Priest, not that big on British Steel, I prefer Turbo and Ram It Down over that one.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 5:45 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I prefer Black Sabbath with Dio over Ozzy.

Me too! By a wide margin....

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 5:54 pm

Here goes...

Slayer... they may have a few songs that are good but I have not found them yet. Lyrically a total snoozefest. Same with Venom. Look-how-evil-we...Oh shut-up already.

Queensryche - Rage for order... Just cannot get into this album at all, so I quit trying.

Dream Theater after A Change of Seasons.

Metallica - And Justice for All, and Death Magnetic - I don't get the cross-eyed love affair with these albums as they are just not great. I can't pinpoint it other than I just can't get into them. They are a total chore to listen to. I dunno... maybe you just had to be there.

Stryper - IGWT - I am a stryper fan-boy but this album just plain sucks. Overproduced and lifeless and Michaels voice is not that great on this outing.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 6:09 pm

Not really much of a Stryper fan, musically they're just OK, but lyrically they're just WAY too corny for me to listen to without going into sugar shock, as far as Christian rock bands go I think Ransom is way better.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 7:22 pm

exact33 wrote:
anything from Pagans Mind! I have tried to like them but it is sooooooo boring...

Not a lot of people know of this band.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 7:46 pm

[quote="Vexer6"]I prefer KISS's 80s output to their 70s material.

[quote]

I'd agree with that.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 7:52 pm

jettafiend wrote:

Slayer... they may have a few songs that are good but I have not found them yet. Lyrically a total snoozefest. Same with Venom. Look-how-evil-we...Oh shut-up already.
Heh, that's the way I feel about people on this forum who piss & moan about Slayer & Venom's lyrics.

jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 8:00 pm

mc666 wrote:
jettafiend wrote:

Heh, that's the way I feel about people on this forum who piss & moan about Slayer & Venom's lyrics.

lol! 
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 8:11 pm

I have been keeping this secret to myself for ALOT of years, but....Appetite for Destruction has never done anything for me. I contend that if Ted Nugent was singing, it would be lots better.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 8:12 pm

iamrockerfun wrote:

Van Halen only VH I is okay with me and rest is below average. some hit singles are good but not whole ablums.

You are one sick puppy.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 8:19 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
iamrockerfun wrote:

You are one sick puppy.

I totally agree with the sick puppy.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 8:20 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
exact33 wrote:
anything from Pagans Mind! I have tried to like them but it is sooooooo boring...

Not a lot of people know of this band.

And those that do are nearly comatose.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 8:25 pm

I hear Mark Manning goes to sleep with your picture every night, Toho.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 8:28 pm

Not surprisingly, I don't understand the reference.

And for the record, I love the first Van Halen album and 1984 is decent; other than that I can take them or leave them. And when they morphed into Van Hagar, it was totally LEAVE THEM!!!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 8:32 pm

mc666 wrote:
jettafiend wrote:

lol! 
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 9:29 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Not surprisingly, I don't understand the reference.

Mark Manning is Zodiac Mindwarp's real name.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 11:14 pm

Slayer...all
Alice in chains...all
Velvet Revolver...all
Saxon...crusader

Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 11:24 pm

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:

I agree.  I got into some heated discussions with someone who loves Pagans Mind.  Pagans Mind - 1/10

I can't get into Pagan's Mind either.

I've also never really been a fan of Metallica. I got some surprised reactions from people who know I'm into metal when I didn't go and see them when they toured South Africa earlier this year.
Back to top Go down
Gryphon-kl
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1346

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 11:49 pm

Anything by Venom. I don't think they're bad, but I'm not going to buy an album by them.

Mercyful Fate/King Diamond. I just find his vocal style annoying.

Appetite for Destruction. Speaking of vocalists I find annoying...
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 2:39 am

Anything by Nirvana and Pearl Jam.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 5:35 am

Van Halen! I knew I forgot something. Guns and Roses also make me mad.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 9:05 am

Vengeance Rising gets praised a lot on this forum... I can`t listen to a minute of any of their albums, i just don`t get it.. They are just horrible IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next