Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You

Go down 
+45
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
Addy
kmorg
thejokeriv
Louder
candlemass
Olafsto
Gryphon-kl
Citanul
brokentulsa
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
jettafiend
Dark Horseman
iamrockerfun
chewie
James B.
krokus
exact33
Vexer6
ultmetal
metalinmyveins
Lurideath
jstate
Short-Fuse
MetalRob331
BearOnUnicycle
Thrasher73
Troublezone
Boris2008
corplhicks
mc666
rajah
Wurthless
akeldama
tul
Lari
martinsane
Orion Crystal Ice
tohostudios
bass63
DakotaRogers
MetallicSeminarian
Witchfinder
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
rajah
Metal student
Metal student
rajah

Number of posts : 105

"Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 2:26 am

akeldama wrote:
Yeah, I don't dig Pantera at all.
   Glad I'm not the only one.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 3:39 am

I never got into Dream Theater and most of Queensryche's stuff bores me.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 3:54 am

tohostudios wrote:
Anything by Motorhead.

I know metalheads revere the band but I just can't get past Lemmy's "vokills".

I agree with you 100 percent Toho.Cannot stand listening to a dying calf in a hail storm,so to speak.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 6:02 am

So nice to see I'm not alone here.
Whole Kiss, Motohead, Slayer, Venom, Aerosmith, perhaps Rush, Anvil, Saxon, Dream Theater sans their debut, everything Ozzy except Jake E. Lee stuff, Slayer, post Black in Mind Rage, Riot prior to Thundersteel. And Slayer.

As for albums, Priest's Screaming for Vengeance and Painkiller have very little to offer, aside from couple of songs.

Queensryche EP is not THAT good, they improved and progressed a lot even by the time The Warning came out, not mentioning masterpiece that followed up.

Maiden's classics are not that classic, and have a number of songs I'm personally not crazy about. SIT rules though.

Dark Side of the Moon is meh. "Money" doesn't fit in there, agreed with OCI.

Good call on Iced Earth. USPM has much better bands.

Manilla Road is unlistenable. Thanks Mark Shelton.

2nd Keeper has only 4 songs on the level of its predcessor. Heloween with Deris doesn't click.
Holy Diver :o

Will take Sanctuary over Nevermore any day.

Fates Warning with Arch - I'm THE fanboy, but please. They were/are phenomenal, but simply can't compete with Perfect Symmetry, Parallels and pretty much every other Alder material.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 8:18 am

Anything from Megadeth before Countdown to Extinction. Other than a few songs here and there. I don't find anything memorable at all from Killing through Rust in Peace.

Ozzy - Blizzard and Bark at the Moon.. Other than a few great tracks these albums bore me. Sorry RR, you're still a genius in my eyes...

Gun n Roses - Use your Illusions 1 & 2  Sleep 
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 9:49 am

Metal Church's debut. Like the band, but this album does very little for me.

Queensryche: Operation:Mindcrime. It's fine, but far from their best and incredibly overrated.

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son is one of Maiden's best, though. Y'all are crazy Smile
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 10:36 am

I will e-mail Lord Tate and ask Him to forgive the Mindcrime haters and not steal their cellphones.  lol! 

Agreed on the Deris Helloween; I have a decent amount of them and there is just incredible music going on sometimes but then he starts singing and I have a bad time.
Back to top Go down
Short-Fuse
Metal student
Metal student
Short-Fuse

Number of posts : 195

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 10:45 am

Opeth's Ghost Reveries is fantastic.
Reign in Blood is meant to be listened to as a cohesive whole. It deserves all the accolades it gets.
Metal Church's debut is their best, followed by Hanging in the Balance.
Motorhead? I gotta agree. Could never get passed Lemmy's vocals.
I absolutely love PAINKILLER. It's so over the top and ridiculous -"Leather Rebel"? Hilarious. Yet the musicianship on Painkiller is terrific and the new drummer really takes Priest to the next level.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 10:56 am

I like Reign In Blood but don't love it. South Of Heaven on the other hand: for me an all time classic.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 10:59 am

Pantera's entire discography! I will never understand people's obsession with these guys.

Metallica - And Justice for All. This album sounded like shit. EVERYONE and their damn mothers were jumping on this band at the time. Surfer jocks, Skaters, geeks, dorks, morons the whole damn USA. The songs weren't that good, the production was crap and from here on out they have sucked the big one!

Slayer - Stain of Mind. Korn and Slipnot made it into their sound and people just love this crap!

Queensryche - Promised Land. Boring!!!

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 11:06 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
Anything from Megadeth before Countdown to Extinction.  Other than a few songs here and there. I don't find anything memorable at all from Killing through Rust in Peace.

Wow! Though I very much like "Countdown To Extinction", "Youthanasia", and "Cryptic Writings", etc..., this would be like saying as a sports fan, I hated when my team was winning division titles, conference championships and Super Bowls; I liked when we were a .500 team not making the playoffs, because I prefer mediocrity over greatness. The problem with Megadeth albums after "Rust In Peace", there are holes all over the place in their catalog.

MetalRob331 wrote:
Ozzy - Blizzard and Bark at the Moon.. Other than a few great tracks these albums bore me.  Sorry RR, you're still a genius in my eyes...

I think there's some truth to this statement. It's not that I don't like "Blizzard of Oz", but for myself it takes an extreme backseat to an album like "Diary of A Madman". "Bark at the Moon" (Title track, Now You See it...Now You Don't, Rock 'N' Roll Rebel, Centre of Eternity)  has its moments, BUT I think the album suffers from the fact that it's the first album post Randy Rhoads.

MetalRob331 wrote:
Gun n Roses - Use your Illusions 1 & 2   Sleep 

I couldn't agree with you more. These two albums should have been dwindled down to one. Way too much filler on these records. Even having said that, if the band had done this, a "Use Your Illusion" album would still suffer from inferior songs compared that of the first album, slick production, and no Steven Adler. This band was never the same after their debut album...

Last edited by metalinmyveins on Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 11:26 am

Lurideath wrote:
Pantera's entire discography!  I will never understand people's obsession with these guys.

It's kind of funny, I never thought I would say this, but this band has just not aged with me as well as some others have. It's not like I was ever a super fan of these guys, but I was definitely in to them. I think that I never fully bought into the notion that they were the saviors of metal in the 90's and I certainly never bought into the likes of Kerry King stating that if there were a "Big 5" concert, then this band would be the 5th. Are you kidding me? There would be a myriad of thrash bands that I would have added before Pantera/

Lurideath wrote:
Metallica - And Justice for All. This album sounded like shit. EVERYONE and their damn mothers were jumping on this band at the time. Surfer jocks, Skaters, geeks, dorks, morons the whole damn USA. The songs weren't that good, the production was crap and from here on out they have sucked the big one!

I can't argue as it pertains to the production of this album, but I think the songs are strong. Though the band gained some popularity, let's not mistaken this album with that of the black album. At least AJFA didn't have songs that were being played in strip joints and on soap operas. The black album was responsible for a complete change in Metallica demographics and it created this sudden shift within the industry of thrash bands trying to redefine themselves in the wake of Metallica's emergence in the music scene.

Lurideath wrote:
Queensryche - Promised Land. Boring!!!

I don't happen to think it's boring, but I understand someone's apathy towards this album. One has to realize that because Queensryche has put out so much crap since "Promise Land", this album has become even more acceptable through the years. Had Queensryche quit after this album, I'm sure people would be judging this album more harshly. Albums should be defined on their own merits, but let's face it, an album will always be judged by what preceded it...
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 11:34 am

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
Kiss: Destroyer. I like Kiss, but aside from a couple songs, I could do without this album

I think that the two of us are definitely in the minority when it comes to this album and how we feel about it, but give me "Rock and Roll Over" any day over "Destroyer!" Both were released in 1976, and one is clearly mentioned more in the annals of Rock 'n Roll. It's like the Ozzy thing with "Blizzard of Oz" being heralded as one of the best to come out of 1980, but I don't even think for a second that it was Ozzy's best record of 1980.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 12:12 pm

Anything by Saviour Machine. I've tried over and over again and this band does zero for me. (And they are not a metal band despite what people seem to believe.)

Bon Jovi. Though I like a lot of pop metal, I don't like anything by Bon Jovi.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 12:14 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
A bit predictable by me

Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime

I don't hate OM, but it's not among my favorites either. When it came out I was a huge Queensryche fan, even had The Warning and the EP logo painted on the back of my denim vest. However, OM was a huge disappointment from a band that I loved.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 12:22 pm

[quote="metalinmyveins"]
MetalRob331 wrote:
Anything from Megadeth before Countdown to Extinction.  Other than a few songs here and there. I don't find anything memorable at all from Killing through Rust in Peace.

Wow! Though I very much like "Countdown To Extinction", "Youthanasia", and "Cryptic Writings", etc..., this would be like saying as a sports fan, I hated when my team was winning division titles, conference championships and Super Bowls; I liked when we were a .500 team not making the playoffs, because I prefer mediocrity over greatness. The problem with Megadeth albums after "Rust In Peace", there are holes all over the place in their catalog.

MetalRob331 wrote:

I find their greatness with albums like CTE, Youthanasia, and Cryptic Writings. The songwriting was sooo much better IMO. Memorability will always comes before technicality for me...
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 1:31 pm

I'm not big on Slayer "Reign In Blood", it's not a bad album, it has some good songs but I find Show No Mercy, Hell Awaits, South Of Heaven and Seasons Of The Abyss to all be superior efforts.

For Van Halen I felt their debut album was a bit overpraised, had some good songs but I felt the band improved since then.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 1:34 pm

anything from Pagans Mind! I have tried to like them but it is sooooooo boring...

krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 1:46 pm

OPERATION MINDCRIME by QUEENSRYCHE. Never really liked this album. Love everything else till EMPIRE, an other cool album.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 1:47 pm

exact33 wrote:
anything from Pagans Mind! I have tried to like them but it is sooooooo boring...

I agree.  I got into some heated discussions with someone who loves Pagans Mind.  Pagans Mind - 1/10

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 1:50 pm

Also i never liked MYSTIC PROPHECY, ROYAL HUNT, or FIREWIND but they play music i normaly like.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 2:04 pm

another nod to "Operation Mindcrime"

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 2:07 pm

I'm shocked at some albums here being pegged as "unmemorable" and "boring" yet the stuck with me after the first listen and on through time. Same for all the Reign in Blood hate. Strange.

Pantera I can understand. Phil is a douchebag, and the band's material is borderline douche juice before energy drinks and energy drink memorabilia came around. But for me they come barely below my threshold to where I can enjoy them. It's funny; I vacuum up all those "I hate religion, embrace war, serial killers are cool" lyrics but when it comes to "roarrrr I hate you motherf*cker gonna swear and piss on your mom and hack up her preggo belly rage angst daddy issues rrrroarrrrr" shit, I just roll my eyes.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 2:48 pm

Forgot to mention Pantera, honestly I find a lot of their post Cowboys material to be rather one-dimensional and repetitive, I actually prefer the band's first four albums to anything else they've done.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 3:14 pm

Operation Mindcrime for me as well. I don't hate it, but I definitely like Rage For Order and Empire better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next