Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You

Go down 
+45
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
Addy
kmorg
thejokeriv
Louder
candlemass
Olafsto
Gryphon-kl
Citanul
brokentulsa
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
jettafiend
Dark Horseman
iamrockerfun
chewie
James B.
krokus
exact33
Vexer6
ultmetal
metalinmyveins
Lurideath
jstate
Short-Fuse
MetalRob331
BearOnUnicycle
Thrasher73
Troublezone
Boris2008
corplhicks
mc666
rajah
Wurthless
akeldama
tul
Lari
martinsane
Orion Crystal Ice
tohostudios
bass63
DakotaRogers
MetallicSeminarian
Witchfinder
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

"Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 3:16 pm

Count me in the "Not a fan of Zeppelin" club, not particularly big on Pink Flloyd either.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 4:14 pm

I find Pink Floyd to be incredibly boring although I can listen to Dark Side Of The Moon.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 4:41 pm

BON JOVI... he has a good track here and there but over all never liked his music much...
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 6:30 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
BON JOVI... he has a good track here and there but over all never liked his music much...

I was a HUGE Bon Jovi fanboy in high school but it died out in my twenties and I now I can't stand 'em, much like you and ult. In retrospect, I was more attached to their ballads than anything. I was just a ball of hormones and wanted a girl so bad...
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 6:57 pm

corplhicks wrote:
brokentulsa wrote:

I was a HUGE Bon Jovi fanboy in high school but it died out in my twenties and I now I can't stand 'em, much like you and ult. In retrospect, I was more attached to their ballads than anything. I was just a ball of hormones and wanted a girl so bad...

I'm not the biggest Bon Jovi fan, but my wife loves them. I do like New Jersey quite a bit. It's just a good melodic hard rock album.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 7:10 pm

Fun thread!

I much prefer "Ripper" Owens IE, which puts me in the minority

Try as I might, can't get into Stratovarious

KISS - About 2 good songs in 40 years

Fates Warning

Olafsto - good to see you here...and how dare you not love VR! They can do no wrong for me, even Destruction Comes
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 7:18 pm

I believe my Floyd nomination would be 'Wish You Were Here'. 'Shine On You Crazy Diamond' live far surpasses the studio cut, and the rest of the album feels like an EP or B-sides....
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 9:14 pm

I've never been big on Iron Maiden-Brave New World. There are a couple of good songs but I don't like the overall album.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 9:52 pm

akeldama wrote:
I've never been big on Iron Maiden-Brave New World. There are a couple of good songs but I don't like the overall album.

I like the album, because I'm a fanboy, but the 3 follow-ups destroy it, IMHO.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 9:56 pm

Another one for my list: Van Halen's Fair Warning.

Love VH, love the first 5 songs on this album, but the last 4 songs take a huge dive in quality. This album would've been better as an ep. The first three are much stronger throughout.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 3:11 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Fun thread!

Fates Warning

Olafsto - good to see you here...and how dare you not love VR! They can do no wrong for me, even Destruction Comes

Good too see you too Scottm... Don`t see much of you here either :-)

As for not loving VR..... I think you christians are afraid you`ll end up in Hell if you admit that they suck...... Still does not change the fact that they do.....  Razz 
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 4:57 pm

true true i dont fall in "love" with Pink Floyd. i got 2 vinyls DSotM and another with beds and that's all. no more thanx. not interested i any kind of PF.
Iron Maiden - NPFD, i like it more than others, for others is pure crap for me it's min. very good
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 7:06 pm

Olafsto wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
Fun thread!

Fates Warning

As for not loving VR..... I think you christians are afraid you`ll end up in Hell if you admit that they suck...... Still does not change the fact that they do.....  Razz 

I don't think they suck, but roger's vox do. Like the music itself, though.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 7:31 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
Olafsto wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
Fun thread!

Fates Warning

If they are that band with atrocious vocals then count me in.
UPD: Yes its them.

Last edited by BearOnUnicycle on Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 7:32 pm

Olafsto wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
Fun thread!

Fates Warning

I'm not big on VR, musically they're OK but not really a standout among thrash bands, also it's kinda hard to take the lyrics seriously knowing that Roger himself is now an atheist(can't really blame him for not believing anymore given how badly he was screwed over).
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 10:42 pm

Here's the thing with VR:

-Rarely do I give two shits about a vocal performance on a thrash record, so Roger doesn't bother me.

-I'm not religious and hate contemporary church with a vengeance (haha). That said, I certainly don't listen to Christian thrash because of any personal conviction. It's just what my hard-ass mother gave to me for Christmas instead of Slayer. I dug it from the start.

-As for Roger's lyrics, the same thing could be said about musicians who are now Christians that used to sing about the devil, i.e. Dave Mustaine. Regardless, I don't pay much attention to lyrics in thrash anyway (they tend to be awfully juvenile).

-Roger may have been screwed, but others have been screwed over so much worse than that and walked away without acting like a baby. Dude threw a laughable hissy fit and tried to go for shock value at the same time. There's a reason none of that went anywhere.

-However, in my book VR is the weakest of all the Christian thrash bands.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 10:51 pm

corplhicks wrote:

-Rarely do I give two shits about a vocal performance on a thrash record, so Roger doesn't bother me.

-I'm not religious and hate contemporary church with a vengeance (haha). That said, I certainly don't listen to Christian thrash because of any personal conviction. It's just what my hard-ass mother gave to me for Christmas instead of Slayer. I dug it from the start.

-As for Roger's lyrics, the same thing could be said about musicians who are now Christians that used to sing about the devil, i.e. Dave Mustaine. Regardless, I don't pay much attention to lyrics in thrash anyway (they tend to be awfully juvenile).

-Roger may have been screwed, but others have been screwed over so much worse than that and walked away without acting like a baby. Dude threw a laughable hissy fit and tried to go for shock value at the same time. There's a reason none of that went anywhere.

Who's your favorite Christian thrash band?
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 1:12 am

Scott, I agree about Ripper and Iced Earth. And I never liked VR while I was a fan of Tourniquet and Deliverance from the moment I heard them.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 1:19 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
Scott, I agree about Ripper and Iced Earth. And I never liked VR while I was a fan of Tourniquet and Deliverance from the moment I heard them.

I like Human Sacrifice despite Roger's vocals, but I do think Deliverance and Tourniquet are vastly superior overall. TQT is actually my very favorite thrash band, period.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 3:01 am

corplhicks wrote:

Tourniquet by far. Always have been. \m/
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 10:42 am

corplhicks wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Tourniquet by far. Always have been. \m/

headbanger
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 10:43 am

I agree with some of the general discogs mentioned: Do not like Zep (I've tried) and not huge on Pink Floyd.

The only album I can think of that I truly do not like that just gets heaped with adoration these days is the Corabi Motley Crue album.

I've tried to revisit it many times as an adult (now that I no longer have any of the close-minded pretenses about what a band's album should sound like or who the singer should be or whatever that I had as a tween/teen). Do not care for it at all. And it's not the vocals--those are fine. The actual music on it just sucks and I still maintain it deserves the derision it received at release. I don't understand why it's been cult classic-ified in the 21st century.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 10:44 am

I never "got" what all the whoop-de-doo was about Vengeance Rising, either. The mongoloid vocals irritated the crap out of me.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 5:46 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
mongoloid vocals

lol! 
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 1:11 pm

Very recently, every proghead is canonizing Haken...except for me, bored out of my skull, left here wondering why so much other amazing prog has gone ignored over the years.  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next