Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You

Go down 
+45
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
Addy
kmorg
thejokeriv
Louder
candlemass
Olafsto
Gryphon-kl
Citanul
brokentulsa
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
jettafiend
Dark Horseman
iamrockerfun
chewie
James B.
krokus
exact33
Vexer6
ultmetal
metalinmyveins
Lurideath
jstate
Short-Fuse
MetalRob331
BearOnUnicycle
Thrasher73
Troublezone
Boris2008
corplhicks
mc666
rajah
Wurthless
akeldama
tul
Lari
martinsane
Orion Crystal Ice
tohostudios
bass63
DakotaRogers
MetallicSeminarian
Witchfinder
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

"Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 11:55 am

ultmetal wrote:
MetallicSeminarian wrote:
U2: The Joshua Tree

I find this band really overrated, but won't deny their influence. This album has a few good tunes, but War is much better. I could live without hearing these guys again, though.

Never cared for U2.

Same here.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 11:55 am

007 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
MetallicSeminarian wrote:
U2: The Joshua Tree

I find this band really overrated, but won't deny their influence. This album has a few good tunes, but War is much better. I could live without hearing these guys again, though.

Never cared for U2.

Same here.

I seriously dislike them.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 12:06 pm

Same here.............wait, is Pelata reading this? I mean....of course, we all love U2.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 12:09 pm

The Joshua Tree is the only U2 album I actually like...or actually did like, I haven't owned a copy since the 80s. I still crank up the radio if "Where The Streets Have No Name" or "Bullet The Blue Sky" come on.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 12:52 pm

S.D. wrote:
The Joshua Tree is the only U2 album I actually like...or actually did like, I haven't owned a copy since the 80s.  I still crank up the radio if "Where The Streets Have No Name" or "Bullet The Blue Sky" come on.  

Those are the two good songs I was referring to earlier.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 3:41 pm

I've heard a lot of people champion this new Orden Ogan album and I checked it out and I felt I needed to bathe myself.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 10:31 pm

EVERY ''great'' Van Halen album !

God, I can't stand DLRoth's voice!

Honorable Mention : AEROSMITH
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 12:18 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
jstate wrote:
I've never got all the love for the Sex Pistols - Never Mind The Bollocks.  I always felt there were so many other albums from that time frame that deserved more acclaim and are more to my liking.  I don't hate Never Mind ....but I find it to be a perfectly ordinary punk record.

I love it, but I do agree that there are tons other UK (and US) punk records of the same era that should be as well known/notorious.

In a similar line, I don't care much for London Calling. Aside from "Death or Glory", which happens to be my favorite tune by The Clash, I pretty much have no use for the record, and it signaled the end of The Clash for me. The first two albums rule though.

The Clash are one band that I never really got into. I love Social Distortions cover of Death or Glory and the Murphy's cover of Guns of Brixton.

I really like the early LA punk sound quite a bit, stuff like Youth Brigade, TSOL, Circle Jerks and the Adolescents, and of course Social Distortion. I have not really been able to get into the east coast punk scene, like Gorilla Biscuits, H2O and such.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 9:30 am

Funny that I don't even consider The Clash a punk band. To me they'll always fall into the genre of "stuff I discovered through MTV in 1983". Whole lotta stuff falls into that.

The thing I dug about a lot of the east coast stuff (particularly NYHC) was their clear incorporation of metal into their sound. Their anger didn't hurt either. Of course those of us from the Washington DC area were never supposed to admit to such leanings. Crazy to think about the geographic breakdowns there were at the time. Stupid, but kinda cool in retrospect too. It's almost always forgotten that rap battles weren't the only ones in music. East Coast punk wars could be just as bad.

I was so excited when the Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik came out. Practically beat down the Record & Tape Traders door that AM to get it. Still to this day it just does nothing for me. I don't hate it but I just never got all the love it gets. Some of that may have been I was such a huge fan of Mother's Milk and BSSM just wasn't MM 2.

For maybe similar reasons I've never gotten into Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral. Big fan of Pretty Hate Machine, just nothing with TDS.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 10:14 am

Back on the subject of U2, I have always hated this band. I mean really hated them. Which made it hard to take when they released Achtung Baby and it turned out to be great. Fortunately, I went right back to hating them afterwards though!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 2:20 pm

I hate what U2 have become, a marginal pop act with sentimentalism and excess bloating each album.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 9:19 pm

corplhicks wrote:
I hate what U2 have become, a marginal pop act with sentimentalism and excess bloating each album.
This is me in a nutshell. Give me anything from Rattle & Hum & before that though. That stuff was great!

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 9:42 pm

Fine if you don't like them but if you think they're marginal and only sentimental you haven't really listened to more modern U2. And they've been throwing in sentiment and excess since The Unforgettable Fire.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7