Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You

Go down 
+45
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
Addy
kmorg
thejokeriv
Louder
candlemass
Olafsto
Gryphon-kl
Citanul
brokentulsa
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
jettafiend
Dark Horseman
iamrockerfun
chewie
James B.
krokus
exact33
Vexer6
ultmetal
metalinmyveins
Lurideath
jstate
Short-Fuse
MetalRob331
BearOnUnicycle
Thrasher73
Troublezone
Boris2008
corplhicks
mc666
rajah
Wurthless
akeldama
tul
Lari
martinsane
Orion Crystal Ice
tohostudios
bass63
DakotaRogers
MetallicSeminarian
Witchfinder
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

"Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 11:26 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Very recently, every proghead is canonizing Haken...except for me, bored out of my skull, left here wondering why so much other amazing prog has gone ignored over the years.  lol! 

Some of us love lots of amazing prog and also love that Haken record (which easily makes my top 5 of the year).  Of course you also don't like any Opeth past Still Life so I'm convinced you're crazy anyway.  

just kidding
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 2:18 pm

S.D. wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Very recently, every proghead is canonizing Haken...except for me, bored out of my skull, left here wondering why so much other amazing prog has gone ignored over the years.  lol! 

Some of us love lots of amazing prog and also love that Haken record (which easily makes my top 5 of the year).  Of course you also don't like any Opeth past Still Life so I'm convinced you're crazy anyway.  

just kidding

I think Haken is one of the really good modern prog bands. I get that some don't get them but that is ok - not everyone is going to. I find their music really interesting.

jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 2:28 pm

I've never got all the love for the Sex Pistols - Never Mind The Bollocks. I always felt there were so many other albums from that time frame that deserved more acclaim and are more to my liking. I don't hate Never Mind ....but I find it to be a perfectly ordinary punk record.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 2:28 pm

Don't think I've mentioned this in this thread:

Stryper: To Hell with the Devil.

I like Stryper, especially SUC, ATL, and NMHTP. But I find THWTD incredibly weak. I actually prefer IGWT over it, even though that's far from their best album.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 4:06 pm

exact33 wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

just kidding

I think Haken is one of the really good modern prog bands. I get that some don't get them but that is ok - not everyone is going to. I find their music really interesting.

The Mountain is a 21st century masterpiece.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 5:32 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:
Scott, I agree about Ripper and Iced Earth. And I never liked VR while I was a fan of Tourniquet and Deliverance from the moment I heard them.

I like Human Sacrifice despite Roger's vocals, but I do think Deliverance and Tourniquet are vastly superior overall. TQT is actually my very favorite thrash band, period.

Now I do have to agree there...I love VR, but Deliverance and especially early Tourniquet are better. But, not much. I love VR's sounds, despite Martinez' vocals.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 11:24 am

Megadeth-Youthanasia It's no secret they along with Thin Lizzy are my two fave bands but I have always felt that Youthanasia is the worst Megs album...
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 12:05 pm

I think it's pretty bad as well, can't get through the whole thing in a sitting. Awful sound too.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 3:54 pm

Youthanasia sounds lifeless.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 4:03 pm

Man, Youthanasia is one of my favorites. I actually like CTE, Youthanasia, and CW better than Megadeth's thrashier works. The songwriting on those three is stronger, IMO. Pretty much the opposite of how I view Metallica's career.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 4:06 pm

akeldama wrote:
Megadeth-Youthanasia It's no secret they along with Thin Lizzy are my two fave bands but I have always felt that Youthanasia is the worst Megs album...

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I think it's pretty bad as well, can't get through the whole thing in a sitting. Awful sound too.

Lari wrote:

Man, Youthanasia is one of my favorites. I actually like CTE, Youthanasia, and CW better than Megadeth's thrashier works. The songwriting on those three is stronger, IMO. Pretty much the opposite of how I view Metallica's career.

I like it, actually consider it the last great Deth album, but I can't blame anyone for not enjoying it. It's a little vapid and fairly plodding.

Cryptic Writings is where it all fell apart for me.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 4:18 pm

Yeah, Youthanasia is not a bad album, but the band doesn't sound very exciting or edgy at all.

It seemed to have been targeted at a different audience? No doubt the success of Metallica's black album had an impact. Ironically.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 6:37 pm

CTE, Youthanasia, and CW are my fav Megadeth albums.. Before those I found their albums very unmemorable.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 7:11 pm

jstate wrote:
I've never got all the love for the Sex Pistols - Never Mind The Bollocks.  I always felt there were so many other albums from that time frame that deserved more acclaim and are more to my liking.  I don't hate Never Mind ....but I find it to be a perfectly ordinary punk record.

I agree.  As much as I love punk I don't own any Sex Pistols.  I don't hate them but I just find Lydon's vocals to be really irritating and I don't hear anything special in the music either.

From that time period I prefer The Boys, Radio Stars or 999.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 7:59 pm

Slayer - Reign In Blood - I can't get in to it. I like Show No Mercy much better.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 8:08 pm

Lari wrote:

I absolutely love the production on "Youthanasia," it creates such an awesome atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 8:13 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Slayer - Reign In Blood - I can't get in to it.  I like Show No Mercy much better.  

Except for "Angel of Death" and maybe one or two others, I agree with you. RIB is grating in its monotony.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 8:26 pm

Def Leppard - Pyromania
Quiet Riot - Metal Health
Twisted Sister - Stay Hungry
Ratt - Out Of The Cellar
Scorpions - Love At First Sting
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 8:33 pm

S.D. wrote:
Def Leppard - Pyromania
Ratt - Out Of The Cellar

Yep, I like most of these  Razz 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 9:21 pm

S.D. wrote:
Def Leppard - Pyromania
Ratt - Out Of The Cellar

I'm with you on these, although Out of the Cellar is a guilty favorite.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 9:05 am

U2: The Joshua Tree

I find this band really overrated, but won't deny their influence. This album has a few good tunes, but War is much better. I could live without hearing these guys again, though.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 9:42 am

U2: The Joshua Tree

I find this band really overrated, but won't deny their influence. This album has a few good tunes, but War is much better. I could live without hearing these guys again, though.

Never cared for U2.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 9:43 am

I picked up two U2 discs at a yard sale a couple of years ago - Joshua Tree and Live Under a Blood Red Sky - and they're OK but I doubt I'll ever be bothered to collect any more of their stuff.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 9:55 am

jstate wrote:
I've never got all the love for the Sex Pistols - Never Mind The Bollocks.  I always felt there were so many other albums from that time frame that deserved more acclaim and are more to my liking.  I don't hate Never Mind ....but I find it to be a perfectly ordinary punk record.

I love it, but I do agree that there are tons other UK (and US) punk records of the same era that should be as well known/notorious.

In a similar line, I don't care much for London Calling. Aside from "Death or Glory", which happens to be my favorite tune by The Clash, I pretty much have no use for the record, and it signaled the end of The Clash for me. The first two albums rule though.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 9:57 am

tohostudios wrote:
From that time period I prefer The Boys, Radio Stars or 999.

Man, The Boys especially. They are my absolute favorite punk band, period. All four albums, plus The Yobs, should be held in as high regard as anything the Pistols, The Clash, Siouxsie, etc, did. So damn good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You   "Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Great" Albums That Everyone Loves...Except You
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next