Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon

Go down 
+29
Smindas
rajah
Rex
chilejay7
Orion Crystal Ice
Olafsto
MetallicSeminarian
Thrasher73
metalhead777
Shawn Of Fire
tul
Alex Dee Rokket
Lari
Wargod
Dark Horseman
journeyman
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
ZombieHavoc
stormspell
Gilbert
mc666
GrandNational
corplhicks
exact33
MetalRob331
Eyesore
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 12:35 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Man, this is kind of different for the band. The mix sounds weaker than the previous song released. Hope it's just the YouTube version. Either way, I really like this, but it doesn't sound like an Iced Earth song to me. Not a bad thing, of course, but not what I expected.

Yea I'm with you that this doesn't sound like an IE song. The riffs in this song sound terrible hahah!!! For some reason it reminded me of King Diamond? Wasn't bad but?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 1:46 pm

I dig the song. I've listened to it a bunch of times now and it's sitting better with me. But yeah, it's different. I'm okay with that.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 4:32 pm

I'm...hearing Iced Earth. And I dig it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 11:39 am

corplhicks wrote:
I'm...hearing Iced Earth. And I dig it.

Yea, sounds like Iced Earth to me. don\'t know 

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 12:03 pm

It's a little different, almost darker? I like it though.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 12:08 pm

It sounds like IE bcuz it is IE, what I think we're saying is stylistically it's a little bit different.. Not a bad song and the more I listen the more I like it..
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 1:02 pm

Yeah, it is Iced Earth and it sounds like Iced Earth because bands typically sound like themselves, but musically it's not typical Iced Earth. There are different flavors present.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 9:44 am

Yeah that sounds pretty good. I like it.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 6:22 pm

I preordered the album (CD+DVD version) today. I haven't listened to the youtube clips or anything, so I'll get a pure first listen experience when it ships  headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 2:30 pm

So this one is out there on the Internet. Pretty kick-ass album. I have a few tunes to get through, but it's been great. This one, however, I played about 12 times in a row.

Jon has always written great ballad-like songs, and this one might be the best yet. Fans looking for straight metal will hate it, probably, but I absolutely love anthemic songs like this.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 2:48 pm

Oh yeah, amazing song.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 6:16 pm

Eyesore wrote:
So this one is out there on the Internet. Pretty kick-ass album. I have a few tunes to get through, but it's been great. This one, however, I played about 12 times in a row.

Jon has always written great ballad-like songs, and this one might be the best yet. Fans looking for straight metal will hate it, probably, but I absolutely love anthemic songs like this.

Songs like Watching Over Me, I Died For You, Melancholy, A Question of Heaven, and Blessed Are You, are why I fell in love with Iced Earth.. This song is killer...

Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 6:21 pm

Side note: If you use Spotify, this album is on there and it's exceptional..
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 9:21 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Side note:  If you use Spotify, this album is on there and it's exceptional..

Just came here to say this. Gonna blast this one on the way to work on Mon. I love what I'm hearing so far.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 10:52 pm

I'm gonna hold off on listening to anymore of this. I'll wait til it comes out.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 11:07 am

That song is good... I have not liked any IE since the Dark Saga, maybe i`ll give this one a listen.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 3:56 pm

Olafsto wrote:
That song is good... I have not liked any IE since the Dark Saga, maybe i`ll give this one a listen.....
That's a pretty rough statement, and I guess if you can't get yourself to like Something Wicked This Way Comes or Dystopia, I wouldn't have my hopes up for the new one either. Those two are awesome.

I've been playing Dystopia in anticipating of "Babylon", and it's still magical.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 4:05 pm

I never understood all the hype around Something Wicked. I find it one of their most boring albums. Dark Saga kills it, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 4:14 pm

They're both excellent.

Stormrider is their best though.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 6:35 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
I never understood all the hype around Something Wicked. I find it one of their most boring albums. Dark Saga kills it, IMO.

I find them both pretty equal.

As far as Plagues goes, it blows away Dystopia IMO. I liked Dystopia but it wasn't something I went back to a lot. Plagues I have listened to countless times already.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 1:39 am

Something Wicked is brilliant, as is The Dark Saga. I'd choose the latter over the former as that was my intro to the band and holds a special place in my heart, but if I were able to rationally judge the two, I'd say Something Wicked is the stronger album.

What the new album lacks, unfortunately, is a barn-burner. There are no really fast songs. And Stu does that tough-guy macho vocal at times, like he did on "Days of Rage," which I find a bit annoying. It just comes off very forced and unnatural. Shame.

Still, it's a great album.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 1:41 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
MetallicSeminarian wrote:

I find them both pretty equal.  

As far as Plagues goes, it blows away Dystopia IMO.  I liked Dystopia but it wasn't something I went back to a lot.  Plagues I have listened to countless times already.

Not sure about that. I think this one is a step down from Dystopia. That's not to say it isn't quite good, but I don't know.

I'll refrain from making final judgment until I buy the album in January.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 2:44 am

I was disappointed on the first 2 listens. I was hoping for something faster. I haven't wrote it off yet, but so far it comes across as the same mid paced melometal they've been doing since 96. Which is why I haven't been totally on board since Burnt Offerings.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 9:58 am

I was always the opposite on the Dark Saga. I find it rather lifeless compared to other albums in their catalog. It's not terrible, it's just their weakest, I think.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 10:16 am

Lari wrote:
They're both excellent.

Stormrider is their best though.

^^ What he sez.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next