Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon

Go down 
+29
Smindas
rajah
Rex
chilejay7
Orion Crystal Ice
Olafsto
MetallicSeminarian
Thrasher73
metalhead777
Shawn Of Fire
tul
Alex Dee Rokket
Lari
Wargod
Dark Horseman
journeyman
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
ZombieHavoc
stormspell
Gilbert
mc666
GrandNational
corplhicks
exact33
MetalRob331
Eyesore
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 6:31 pm

Just picked this up.... Haven't ever been a big fan... have wanted to be but for some reason IE hasn't resonated with me....

Just about done with my first listen and it does sound better than I thought it might.... there isn't one track that just kills it immediately for me and that is what I hope for....

My favorite IE track is Burning Times which just smokes....

Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 3:23 pm

From Stu's Facebook:

Quote :
From my bro…..

It is with sincere apologies that I write to inform you all that ICED EARTH is forced to cancel this summer’s festivals and headline shows.

As many of you know, I underwent surgery on my neck in the year 2000, due to an onstage injury that occurred in 1996. Since that time, I have battled with this problem, and it has begun to accelerate in the past several months, causing additional issues that can no longer be ignored.
In February, while on tour in Europe, I underwent highly specialized treatment in Germany from a doctor who has helped, among many others, Tony Iommi and Eddie Van Halen. This treatment helped sustain my ability to perform so that we could complete our Worldwide Plagues Tour.

However, I am now forced to take further, more invasive action sooner than I intended in order to maintain my overall health.

Surgery was originally planned to take place in September during our break, but I have now been advised to have the procedure completed sooner rather than later.

As much as it pains me and everyone else in our camp to have to cancel these dates, this is something that cannot be put aside any longer.

Once the surgery and recovery are completed, we will be back to work – healthy, strong, and ready to bring the metal to you, our fans.

Best wishes to you all,
Jon Schaffer

My bro will heal soon and will feel so much better and we will be refreshed and ready to kick ass out there. See you soon metal heads!!!!!!!
Stu
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 3:27 pm

Best wishes and a speedy recovery to him !
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 3:43 pm

Ouch!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 4:28 pm

Jon's neck was the reason I never got to see Iced Earth with Tim Owens. They postponed the show I had tickets for, and was out of the country during the new date.

Sad to hear it's still bothering him.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 4:34 pm

That's gotta be painful with a guitar strapped on.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 5:15 pm

Too much headbanging is bad for your health.

But hey, maybe he'll write a bunch of songs while recuperating and we'll get a new album sooner rather than later. Maybe a new Demons & Wizards album. Or Sons of Liberty. =)
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 7:56 pm

Eyesore wrote:

But hey, maybe he'll write a bunch of songs while recuperating and we'll get a new album sooner rather than later. Maybe a new Demons & Wizards album. Or Sons of Liberty. =)

i would love more SoL!!!

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 10:37 pm

exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

i would love more SoL!!!

Did you ever get the EP?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 7:13 pm

Anyone listen to the two alternate masters of the album that are featured on the DVD?

I gave the 'vinyl master - no limiting' version a listen and I thought it was cool and I appreciate these kind of things. The other one is 'digital master - competitive limiting', and there's also a 5.1 mix.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 8:30 pm

Lari wrote:
Anyone listen to the two alternate masters of the album that are featured on the DVD?

I gave the 'vinyl master - no limiting' version a listen and I thought it was cool and I appreciate these kind of things. The other one is 'digital master - competitive limiting', and there's also a 5.1 mix.

You have me interested...

I had no idea those were on the DVD.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 9:48 pm

Plagues of Babylon sounds good to me, even if there are a few dull songs. "Democide" is fantastic, and I also really liked the title track, "Peacemaker" and "Highwayman."
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 1:24 am

This album is a slow grower. After each listen I start to appreciate it even more.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 2:00 am

I was certain on the third listen--and still am--that this is my favorite non-Barlow album, hands down. Still haven't gotten tired of it.

And my five-year-old loves the title track. You can hear him singing three times a day, so ef yoo akskin yoosef whayyyyyy...
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 8:14 pm

It's growing on me, too. Maybe the songs don't take off as much, and never reach the heights of past glory, but the album sounds great. And Cthulhu really is a great song.

Democide is a killer track, too.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 8:44 pm

The album blew me away the first time and continues each time. I also really love the cover of my favorite country song, Highwayman. The Volbeat vocalist was the least impressive to me but it was a well done cover.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 9:15 pm

Yeah, Hansi should have done a lead part instead.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 9:26 pm

I'm not fond of Highwayman, but it's not bad either. It's just an odd fit.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 10:00 pm

I think the volbeat guy fits the song perfectly. Who has the first lines? Those are the weakest in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 11:04 pm

Rex wrote:
I think the volbeat guy fits the song perfectly. Who has the first lines? Those are the weakest in my opinion.

That was Jon, who admittedly isn't the strongest vocalist himself (also that was Willie's part and he was the weakest voice of the Highwaymen-and I like Willie Nelson). The Volbeat guy wasn't bad, but he really didn't stand out (despite doing Cash's verse). Definatly didn't live up to the hype of all the people praising him in the Youtube comments. Seriously, they acted like he was a singing god.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 9:53 pm

Latest update from Jon himself:

"Hello brothers and sisters,

I’m writing to let you know that I’m healing very well. I played guitar a few weeks ago for the first time, and it immediately felt like the surgery worked. Needless to say, I was very relieved. Through many months of the Worldwide Plagues Tour I was suffering from a loss of coordination in my hands, numbness, and intense levels of pain. It was a battle every night onstage and it reached a critical point where the cervical fusion had to happen, sooner rather than later. I am happy to report that so far things are going very well in my recovery, and I expect it to stay on this path. We are in the planning stages of our next US tour, and that will very likely take place this winter. So, before you know it we’ll be back on the warpath, and before long, songwriting will commence, and another chapter of Iced Earth history will be in the making. There will be lots of updates in the coming months. We are forging the attack as I am recovering from surgery. The boys and I are ready to get back out there ASAP to lay down the metal!

Thanks so much for your concern and support!

Jon Schaffer"
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 8:38 am

Good news. Though I'm still digesting 'Babylon', especially the part about a new album is good to hear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon   Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6