Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official KISS Thread Pt II

Go down 
+43
Wrecked Neck
MetalHeartMonsterMan
the sentinel
Eyesore
Dark Horseman
tul
ze_mau
DeathCult
Dave the Boss
mlotek
stpatrik
Metal Misfit
Runicen
Orion Crystal Ice
glassprison
nevermore
Lari
metalinmyveins
krokus
MetallicSeminarian
chewie
Vexer6
akeldama
Lurideath
Shawn Of Fire
Witchfinder
James B.
corplhicks
iamrockerfun
ZombieHavoc
Cliffy
bass63
exact33
brokentulsa
Boris2008
MetalGuy71
ElectricEye93
ultmetal
JBall_Z
Fat Freddy
manny
thejokeriv
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
AuthorMessage
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 11:52 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
Obviously this is news to no KISS fan other than myself, but I discovered today that there are 5 new studio tunes on Alive II. Ha. I never knew.

That's where Ace's 'Rocket Ride' came from, isn't it? Love that tune.

Yes it is...and I had never heard the song before. And it's through that song I discovered the Alive II studio songs. Today I felt inclined to listen to a chunk of Ace's Kiss tunes, so rather than making a playlist, I remembered that Ikons box set. Pulled it up on Spotify and started at "Shock Me". After a few songs, "Rocket Ride" came on, and I was like, where the hell is this from? If it were one of Kiss' deep cuts from the mid to late 80s (which would not have been Ace songs anyway), it's possible I might not know it right off the bat...but all of the albums with Ace on them..or sort of with Ace on them..or where they were still pretending Ace was on them...I know all those really well, so I knew it wasn't one of those songs from an album I had but wasn't extra familiar with situations.

But yes, the song is great.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 11:58 am

You're not alone. I didn't know for a long time that there was studio tracks tacked on to the end of Alive II either. It was a few years ago though, like late 90's maybe.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 12:14 pm

glassprison wrote:
Well, Paul Stanley's Soul Station happened:

Well that's different. If it's something he enjoys doing , more power to him.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 8:56 pm

Just saw this on another forum and thought it was interesting.

http://sleazeroxx.com/kiss-1992-letter-to-rolling-stone-magazine-about-eric-carr-passing-away/
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 8:58 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Just saw this on another forum and thought it was interesting.

http://sleazeroxx.com/kiss-1992-letter-to-rolling-stone-magazine-about-eric-carr-passing-away/

Paul Stanley posted the letter on his official FB page yesterday. I remember R.S. running it on their letters page. I read it while thinking "Hell yeah, give it to'em, guys!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 9:44 pm

Yeah, Keith, pretty much my thoughts, too.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2015 11:07 am

Yeah I remember when this all went down. Not long afterward, Gene and Paul were on Rockline and when it was announced it was sponsored by Rolling Stone, they made a crack about removing the staples before using the mag as toilet paper ! Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 10:25 am

I was browsing CD Baby and stumbled across this album. KISS fans might enjoy this.

The band is called 1977 and the album is called 'Rock n Roll'. It's basically 4 guys that made a KISS-inspired album in 2008. All original tunes, but sounds like Love Gun/Destroyer outtakes. Take a listen...

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/1977

It's also part of their $5 deal if you buy 2 others. Get it now before Gene sends them a cease & desist order. Razz

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 9:45 am

KISS fans should find this interesting...

http://metaltalk.net/columns2016/20160849.php

It's a pretty lengthy article, but it looks back on the history of KISS' long journey to find a replacement for Ace around the time of Creatures of the Night. Imagine a young Yngwie playing 'War Machine'?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 10:58 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
KISS fans should find this interesting...

http://metaltalk.net/columns2016/20160849.php

It's a pretty lengthy article, but it looks back on the history of KISS' long journey to find a replacement for Ace around the time of Creatures of the Night. Imagine a young Yngwie playing 'War Machine'?

Interesting read.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 2:43 pm

I ordered the KISS/Force Awakens shirt. I could not resist. Ha. I don't think I've ever owned a KISS shirt before.

Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 22 CZsneHyXEAAUSu5
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 3:22 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
I ordered the KISS/Force Awakens shirt. I could not resist. Ha. I don't think I've ever owned a KISS shirt before.

Laughing very hard That's awesome! I think *I* want one too!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 4:02 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:

I like it ! May have to look into getting one.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 4:08 pm

Is that officially licensed by KISS and/or Disney? Copy-write lawyers would have a field day with that one.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 4:12 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Is that officially licensed by KISS and/or Disney? Copy-write lawyers would have a field day with that one.

I don't know about Disney, but I assume it's all good on the KISS end. It's being sold at http://www.kissonline.com/.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 4:15 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I don't know about Disney, but I assume it's all good on the KISS end. It's being sold at http://www.kissonline.com/.

Fair enough. I don't think even Gene would be ballsy enough to take on The Mouse House and their gaggle of lawyers. Razz

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 8:43 pm

Gene is apparently continuing to look for an opportunity to release a massive solo boxed set called Alter Ego, which would have somewhere between 150 and 200 unreleased songs. Some of it sounds like it would be interesting (Joe Perry is featured on at least one track); but I'm not sure I could make it through 200 songs in the vein of his A**hole album.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/gene-simmons-talks-lost-seventies-van-halen-demos-20160322

Last edited by glassprison on Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 9:11 pm

glassprison wrote:
Gene is apparently continuing to look for an opportunity to release a massive solo boxed set called Alter Ego, which would have somewhere between 150 and 200 unreleased songs. Some of it sounds like it would be interesting (Joe Perry is featured on at least one track); but I'm not sure I could make it through 200 songs in the vain of his A**hole album.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/gene-simmons-talks-lost-seventies-van-halen-demos-20160322

Yeah, I saw this on Sleazeroxx the other day and thought, "there's probably a few undiscovered gems in there but there is probably a reason why they are unreleased" if you know what I mean?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 10:49 am

It seems like Gene has been saying this forever about all these demos and stuff with the Van Halen brothers and stuff that he's got in the vaults, then nothing comes of it. Less talk, Gene and more action.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 10:58 am

Yeah if something like this ever comes about, I'd buy it (even though I'm sure it would come at a hefty price). I'm not holding my breath though.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 8:58 pm

Like a lot of us here, I have the Kiss box set. In my opine, that's how you do a box set. Lots of early demos, alternate takes, and rare unreleased stuff is always worth the money. I also love "Warchest" and "Backtracks" for the same reasons.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 8:59 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
It seems like Gene has been saying this forever about all these demos and stuff with the Van Halen brothers and stuff that he's got in the vaults, then nothing comes of it. Less talk, Gene and more action.

I wonder how much stuff could he possibly have with Ed and Alex, or his own unreleased stuff that never made it to a Kiss release or OST's, or whatever?
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 9:33 pm

the sentinel wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I wonder how much stuff could he possibly have with Ed and Alex, or his own unreleased stuff that never made it to a Kiss release or OST's, or whatever?

From what I know, other than the "Zero" demo tracks, he also used VH as the backing band for his own stuff. But Ed's been fighting the release of any of it for as long as I know.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 9:52 pm

True. EVH doesn't seem to want to release anything from the past that isn't of the utmost quality. I guess he doesn't get it that us fanboys of VH and Kiss will buy anything and everything. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 7:20 pm

KISS has announced a summer tour in the states.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/kiss-tour-2016/

There are some interesting locations there. Nearest one to me is in Youngstown OH.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official KISS Thread Pt II
Page 22 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next