Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official KISS Thread Pt II

Go down 
+43
Wrecked Neck
MetalHeartMonsterMan
the sentinel
Eyesore
Dark Horseman
tul
ze_mau
DeathCult
Dave the Boss
mlotek
stpatrik
Metal Misfit
Runicen
Orion Crystal Ice
glassprison
nevermore
Lari
metalinmyveins
krokus
MetallicSeminarian
chewie
Vexer6
akeldama
Lurideath
Shawn Of Fire
Witchfinder
James B.
corplhicks
iamrockerfun
ZombieHavoc
Cliffy
bass63
exact33
brokentulsa
Boris2008
MetalGuy71
ElectricEye93
ultmetal
JBall_Z
Fat Freddy
manny
thejokeriv
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 10:48 am

Noone's discussing this nonsense? Gene trying to trademark the devil's horns?

http://www.antimusic.com/news/17/June/19Gene_Simmons_Trying_To_Trademark_Devil_Horns_Hand_Gesture.shtml

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 11:10 am

Ridiculous. That almost sounds made up but you can't put anything past the man.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 11:19 am

007 wrote:
Ridiculous. That almost sounds made up but you can't put anything past the man.

Yea, I don't know where I stand on this. While I want to think it's just a ridiculous made-up story, I also find it totally plausible that he would try this.

The line dividing satire from true-life is non-existent these days. Throw the horns for free while you still can!!

\'arry \'eadbanger Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 25 604261 headbanger Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 25 438278 Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 25 499945

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 11:17 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

http://www.antimusic.com/news/17/June/19Gene_Simmons_Trying_To_Trademark_Devil_Horns_Hand_Gesture.shtml

Last night I started seeing reports that Gene has withdrawn his trademark application for the "Horns."

Ronnie Dio's ghost must have visited Gene and stalked some sense into him. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 12:15 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Last night I started seeing reports that Gene has withdrawn his trademark application for the "Horns."

Ronnie Dio's ghost must have visited Gene and stalked some sense into him. Very Happy

I was starting to think this might be some kinda hoax. This happened almost 2 weeks ago and there seemed to be no credible source for the info. But since there was also no reports from Gene himself to discredit the story, I guess it was legit.

Ronnie Dio's ghost (and Gene's own lawyers) must have visited Gene and stalked some sense into him. Very Happy

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 6:32 am

Gene will probably sue the farmer AND the cow.

https://www.yahoo.com/music/texas-calf-looks-rocker-gene-simmons-173126869.html

It actually looks more like King Diamond but I'm not going to nitpick.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 3:17 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 3:39 pm

You heard it here first. Gene will buy the cow so he will own its copyright forever 'n ever amen... and bada-bing, there will be plush KISS KOW toys available at the merchandise stalls during the next Kiss tour Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 11:07 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Gene will probably sue the farmer AND the cow.

https://www.yahoo.com/music/texas-calf-looks-rocker-gene-simmons-173126869.html

It actually looks more like King Diamond but I'm not going to nitpick.

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 6:53 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
You heard it here first. Gene will buy the cow so he will own its copyright forever 'n ever amen... and bada-bing, there will be plush KISS KOW toys available at the merchandise stalls during the next Kiss tour Very Happy

he will turn the kiss kow into a Kash Kow...

glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2017 2:37 pm

Last night was the closest I'd ever seen the band...great show!

Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 25 Kiss10
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 25, 2017 11:22 am

glassprison wrote:

Nice pic !
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 25, 2017 12:03 pm

glassprison wrote:

Awesome headbanger
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 25, 2017 1:26 pm

I can't for the life of me figure out why people like these guys so much. They were my first concert, and I was a casual fan when I was a kid. I own their first five or six albums. I've heard a lot more than what I own. Seems like each album has one, maybe two decent songs, then the rest is crap. I understand the image back in the day, and the stage shows, were all pretty new and for the time unheard of. But they are still doing the same stuff they've been doing since the early days, why are people still in love with this? I guess it would be easier to understand if they were likable people, but both Paul and gene are about the biggest assholes on the planet. IDK, I guess I just don't see the attraction.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 25, 2017 2:22 pm

To me, kiss was nothing more than a best-of with a handful of classics. No clue how i still ended up owning most of their catalogue.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 25, 2017 3:30 pm

Gilbert wrote:
To me, kiss was nothing more than a best-of with a handful of classics. No clue how i still ended up owning most of their catalogue.
That's what I mean. They do have some really good songs, but out of the whole catalogue, you could probably make a killer best of CD, and the rest never care if you've heard again.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 25, 2017 3:33 pm

KISS songs that I don't like are few and far between...to eqch their own I guess
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 25, 2017 3:37 pm

glassprison wrote:
KISS songs that I don't like are few and far between...to eqch their own I guess

Agreed. It's all subjective.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 25, 2017 4:34 pm

Cool pic Glassprison! How did Paul's voice sound? In some of the recent live clips I've seen on YouTube he's sounded pretty shot out.

Quote :
I can't for the life of me figure out why people like these guys so much.

I'm a Kiss fanboy in most respects but I'll admit they've released a few turd burgers over the years. I still love'em tho.

Just like any other band, you either "get" 'em or you don't. (shrugs)

Back to top Go down
Noetic Effect
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 25, 2017 6:57 pm

Monopoly had to remove the moneybags from their game because Gene copyrighted it for his record label. I hadn't heard that he'd withdrawn his claim on the horns, glad he was forced to .. have no doubt he was ....
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 25, 2017 7:52 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
I can't for the life of me figure out why people like these guys so much. They were my first concert, and I was a casual fan when I was a kid. I own their first five or six albums. I've heard a lot more than what I own. Seems like each album has one, maybe two decent songs, then the rest is crap. I understand the image back in the day, and the stage shows, were all pretty new and for the time unheard of. But they are still doing the same stuff they've been doing since the early days, why are people still in love with this? I guess it would be easier to understand if they were likable people, but both Paul and gene are about the biggest assholes on the planet. IDK, I guess I just don't see the attraction.

I have to respectfully disagree on their output, though I would agree that Gene is a huge asshole, whereas Paul is not as big of an asshole, but still registers as one at the minor league level.
Back to top Go down
Noetic Effect
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 26, 2017 9:57 am

I thought every single song on Animalize slammed a home run. And, peripherally, I loooved Death Angel's version of Cold Gin.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 26, 2017 10:52 am

metalinmyveins wrote:

I would agree that Gene is a huge asshole, whereas Paul is not as big of an asshole, but still registers as one at the minor league level.

Everyone thought Paul was the "nice" one until fairly recently, when his book came out. Then it was "Wow, so he's a jerk too!"

When Rolling Stone did a cover story on Kiss' induction to the Rock n Roll Hall Of Fame a few years ago, Peter Criss even said something like "Everyone thinks Gene holds all the power in that band, but Paulie's the one you gotta watch out for, he'll kill ya."

Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 26, 2017 7:31 pm

Fat Freddy--Paul's voice sounded ok. It is obviously nothing like what it used to be, but he makes it work. The flaws are much mkre evident on youtube vids and bootlegs, of course. In the live environment it is not as noticeable. Plus they frontload a lot of the songs that were starting to sound really strained, like Lick It Up and Love Gun. They play those within the first 20 minutes of the show now.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2017 5:56 pm

Both Gene and Paul run that band, and always have. Paul in the later years seems to have earned or exercises more power. When Paul instead he gets to produce the last two KISS albums or forget it, the band caved in and said do it. It turned out to be a good move, but doubt if Gene tired that type of powerplay that it would have worked out the same way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official KISS Thread Pt II
Page 25 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next