Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official KISS Thread Pt II

Go down 
+43
Wrecked Neck
MetalHeartMonsterMan
the sentinel
Eyesore
Dark Horseman
tul
ze_mau
DeathCult
Dave the Boss
mlotek
stpatrik
Metal Misfit
Runicen
Orion Crystal Ice
glassprison
nevermore
Lari
metalinmyveins
krokus
MetallicSeminarian
chewie
Vexer6
akeldama
Lurideath
Shawn Of Fire
Witchfinder
James B.
corplhicks
iamrockerfun
ZombieHavoc
Cliffy
bass63
exact33
brokentulsa
Boris2008
MetalGuy71
ElectricEye93
ultmetal
JBall_Z
Fat Freddy
manny
thejokeriv
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 6:00 pm

Now that they've conquered the Japanese animation market via their collaboration with Momoiro Clover Z, it's time for KISS to increase their brand awareness with American toddlers!

Coming this July: KISS Meets Scooby Doo in a new animated movie:

Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 21 635648248660971838-WBA195438HSCOOBYDOOANDKISSROCKANDROLLMYSTERY-02
Daphne doesn't look very happy in that Starchild get up....and why no makeup for Fred? They could've given him Vinnie Vincent's Ankh face. Very Happy

This is probably as close as we'll ever get to a KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park sequel. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 6:08 pm

Not a band but a brand!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 6:19 pm

I just showed my 7 year old that KISS/Scooby trailer and he's like "Oh yeah, we're DEFINITELY gonna RedBox that thing when it comes out!" Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 9:24 pm

lol!

I'd watch that !
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 11:04 am

I thought this was pretty neat.

It's the members of KISS back in 1976 playing at Ace's wedding. The 8mm footage is kinda dark, but still cool to see the guys without all the make-up and just jamming and having fun. Go to about 2 minutes in for the music to begin...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 12:41 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I thought this was pretty neat.

It's the members of KISS back in 1976 playing at Ace's wedding. The 8mm footage is kinda dark, but still cool to see the guys without all the make-up and just jamming and having fun. Go to about 2 minutes in for the music to begin...

That's a pretty cool find.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 1:08 pm

It's nice to see that before all the fortune and fame and mud-slinging and name-calling, at one time, believe it or not, Ace, Paul, Peter and Gene were all friends! Razz

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 2:44 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
It's nice to see that before all the fortune and fame and mud-slinging and name-calling, at one time, believe it or not, Ace, Paul, Peter and Gene were all friends! Razz

See what money and fame does to a person ?
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 10:25 am

I don't know where else to put this, so here seems as good a place as any, but I went to a comic convention over the weekend. I didn't know in advance he was gonna be there, but Ken Kelly had a table and was signing and selling prints. I bought a print of Destroyer (the normal one, though he also had his original version of the cover as well) that he signed to my, my wife and my two kids. I was stoked as hell, especially since I had no clue he'd even be there.

Now, though, I wish I had also picked up a Rainbow Rising print. I did not see any Manowar prints, so I either missed them or he didn't have any with him, which seems odd.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 11:08 am

007 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

See what money and fame does to a person ?

My exact thoughts.

ZombieHavoc wrote:
I don't know where else to put this, so here seems as good a place as any, but I went to a comic convention over the weekend. I didn't know in advance he was gonna be there, but Ken Kelly had a table and was signing and selling prints. I bought a print of Destroyer (the normal one, though he also had his original version of the cover as well) that he signed to my, my wife and my two kids. I was stoked as hell, especially since I had no clue he'd even be there.

Now, though, I wish I had also picked up a Rainbow Rising print. I did not see any Manowar prints, so I either missed them or he didn't have any with him, which seems odd.

That's cool. Had a similar experience in San Diego at the Heavy Metal Swapmeet. Ended up setting up the Roxx table right next to Derek Riggs. He was selling Eddie prints, which I purchased and he signed to me.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 1:55 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Now that they've conquered the Japanese animation market via their collaboration with Momoiro Clover Z, it's time for KISS to increase their brand awareness with American toddlers!

Coming this July: KISS Meets Scooby Doo in a new animated movie:

Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 21 635648248660971838-WBA195438HSCOOBYDOOANDKISSROCKANDROLLMYSTERY-02
Daphne doesn't look very happy in that Starchild get up....and why no makeup for Fred? They could've given him Vinnie Vincent's Ankh face. Very Happy

My 8 year old and I were in Wal-Mart yesterday and when he found this DVD on the shelf, he said "Ooooh Daddy, we HAVE to get this!" so I picked it up for him/us (haha). We watched it last night, pretty funny/silly stuff. There are lots of references and in-jokes which will go right over the heads of the kids, but long time KISS fans (i.e., old farts like me) will catch - the female characters have names like "Shandi Strutter," "Chikara" and "Delilah Domino," the villain's name is "The Destroyer," there's an ancient wise woman called "The Elder," etc.

The reason Fred isn't wearing any KISS makeup in the scene shown above, by the way, is because we learn in this movie that he (GASP) isn't a KISS fan. There's a running gag throughout the movie about his devotion to a clean-cut, nerdy Beach Boys looking group called "The Five Ascots." Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 2:48 pm

Do Tommy and Eric get to speak or is it all Gene and Paul? If they really wanted an inside joke, they should have had Tommy say "Ack!" or had Eric's voiced dubbed Razz

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 6:56 pm

Quote :
Do Tommy and Eric get to speak or is it all Gene and Paul?

Actually, yeah, both of them do have their fair share of dialogue, which was surprising to me - I thought it would just be The Gene & Paul Show and the other two would be mute...y'know, like during every interview Laughing very hard

Mind you, in this movie KISS isn't "Gene," "Paul," "Eric," and "Tommy," they're "The Demon" or as Shaggy calls him, "Mister Demon"),"Star Child," "Catman" and "Spaceman." The band members were never referred to by their real names, just their "character" names.

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 8:43 pm

My neice and nephews are rabid Scooby fans (and the oldest, my Godson knows a few Kiss tunes from being in the car with me) so this is right in their wheelhouse.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 4:55 am

In other KISS news, Paul is launching a 10-piece R&B cover band, and ditching the guitar to focus on singing. His voice being in the shape it is, I can't imagine this working out well. Their first show is on 11 September at the Roxy, so I guess we'll see...

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2015/aug/04/paul-stanley-of-kiss-to-launch-soul-cover-band/

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 9:15 pm

(begin shameless self promotion)

My son and I picked up the new "Scooby Doo and KISS" movie earlier this week, so of course I had to write a review of it. We give it two paws up. Very Happy

Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 21 12572348_f260

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/Worlds-Collide-in-Scooby-Doo-and-KISS-Rock-and-Roll-Mystery

(end shameless self promotion)

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 4:56 pm

I was going to see KISS in concert, but my credit was denied and I couldn't get a loan to buy the tickets.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 10:56 am

ultmetal wrote:
I was going to see KISS in concert, but my credit was denied and I couldn't get a loan to buy the tickets.

Laughing very hard

ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 9:43 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
(begin shameless self promotion)

My son and I picked up the new "Scooby Doo and KISS" movie earlier this week, so of course I had to write a review of it. We give it two paws up. Very Happy

Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 21 12572348_f260

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/Worlds-Collide-in-Scooby-Doo-and-KISS-Rock-and-Roll-Mystery

(end shameless self promotion)

I watched this over the weekend with my older son, who is almost 4. And also, we actually watched it 3 times, which is how he rolls.

He loved it and I thought it was fun as hell, really well done. The animation was great. The movie opening credits sequence is awesome, and the finale is excellent too--and just straight homage to Jack Kirby 1970s cosmic comic goodness.

My son is already obsessed with Gene Simmons, so he was into that, but he also started talking about wanting to get a Starchild costume, so he seemed to dig Paul in the movie also. He really liked the "KISS costume change ACTIVATE!" part.

I do wish there was a soundtrack CD. It could include the Ascots 5 song, the proper KISS songs and then all of the guitar "scoring"/instrumental versions of stuff. I loved that stuff, and thought it sounded really cool. How a movie full of jokes about a group's merchandising shenanigans did not have a corresponding CD release, well that makes no sense! Ha.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 6:53 am

This sounds like a terrible idea on paper, but I really want to see this after hearing more about it!
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 6:53 am

And by "it" I don't mean Paul's R&B band!
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 8:43 am

Well, Paul Stanley's Soul Station happened:

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 11:05 am

That's just weird. It doesn't even sound like him. He's using a really strange falsetto. Vanity
project for someone that has too much money and time on their hands. Nothing more.

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 11:30 am

Obviously this is news to no KISS fan other than myself, but I discovered today that there are 5 new studio tunes on Alive II. Ha. I never knew. I only got the first Alive album less than a year ago. I'm just not a live album dude. In the 20 years or so that I've been a fan, and during the whole time I was collecting their studio discography over the years, I never once really glanced at Alive II. So now it's kinda like a I have a newly unearthed 5-song EP from their peak years. Ha. I did see that a couple of the tunes made their way to the box set, which I don't own either...though I really do need to a compile a "Best of the Box Set" disc via Amazon mp3...as I don't need a bunch of demo and live versions of stuff I already have.

On a related note of stuff I've never consumed--I've never seen Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park. In you fellas' opinions, is it suitable for a 4-year-old? My oldest son is obsessed right now with Kiss and the Kiss/Scooby Doo movie. I am sure he would enjoy Phantom, but wasn't quite sure if it was suitable or not. Any opinions, particularly from those with kids?

I suppose I could just watch in advance and determine for myself, but figured I'd ask here first.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 11:45 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Obviously this is news to no KISS fan other than myself, but I discovered today that there are 5 new studio tunes on Alive II. Ha. I never knew.

That's where Ace's 'Rocket Ride' came from, isn't it? Love that tune.

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official KISS Thread Pt II
Page 21 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next