Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official KISS Thread Pt II

Go down 
+43
Wrecked Neck
MetalHeartMonsterMan
the sentinel
Eyesore
Dark Horseman
tul
ze_mau
DeathCult
Dave the Boss
mlotek
stpatrik
Metal Misfit
Runicen
Orion Crystal Ice
glassprison
nevermore
Lari
metalinmyveins
krokus
MetallicSeminarian
chewie
Vexer6
akeldama
Lurideath
Shawn Of Fire
Witchfinder
James B.
corplhicks
iamrockerfun
ZombieHavoc
Cliffy
bass63
exact33
brokentulsa
Boris2008
MetalGuy71
ElectricEye93
ultmetal
JBall_Z
Fat Freddy
manny
thejokeriv
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalHeartMonsterMan
Metal novice
Metal novice
MetalHeartMonsterMan

Number of posts : 20

Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 7:58 pm

Overpriced gimmick....if you pay over $40, you are wasting money.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 8:27 pm

I'll never go se them again. I bought into that farewell tour they did way back in something like 1998 or whenever it was, and never again will they get a dime from me. Not for only that, but even way back then they weren't very good and not worth the money.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 8:54 pm

Quote :
I bought into that farewell tour they did way back in something like 1998 or whenever it was

That was 2000-2001... and it was supposed to be the honest-to-gosh "farewell tour," but it turned into the "Farewell to Ace and Peter Tour" instead lol!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalHeartMonsterMan
Metal novice
Metal novice
MetalHeartMonsterMan

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 8:56 pm

Which led to more great Ace Frehley solo albums.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 9:40 pm

Yep, Ace has been on a roll.
Back to top Go down
MetalHeartMonsterMan
Metal novice
Metal novice
MetalHeartMonsterMan

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 9:52 pm

Yep, unlike KISS. Who hasn't had an amazing album since, Psycho Circus.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2016 9:10 am

Looks like a "let's play all the markets we haven't over-played in the past 10 years" tour. Not a bad business decision as they will likely sell out the gigs in the smaller markets.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2016 3:19 pm

I would like to be excited about this, but they really do not sound good lately. Some of the songs are difficult to recognize since they are tuned down so much. And with the itinerary being places they haven't been in a decade, there will be no reason to mix up the setlist with anything they haven't played on other recent tours.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 7:14 pm

I didn't have my hopes up, but this collaboration between Ace and Paul actually sounds really good!

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 9:36 pm

I just read that Ace was hospitalized "for exhaustion and dehydration" after performing in Pennsylvania last night.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 10:22 pm

KISS also performed without Paul for the second time ever at the Race to Erase MS event. He had to miss it to have bicep surgery.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 3:24 pm

the sentinel wrote:
I just read that Ace was hospitalized "for exhaustion and dehydration" after performing in Pennsylvania last night.

The doctors gave him a glass of ice water and a pillow. He's expected to make a full recovery.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 3:27 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

The doctors gave him a glass of ice water and a pillow. He's expected to make a full recovery.

Exhaustion has been the blanket excuse used for covering up issues for years. Wonder what the real deal was ?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 3:29 pm

I noticed a blurb about that KISS-as-a-trio gig in the Entertainment section of yesterday's paper. The problem was the short piece said that since Paul was recovering from surgery, "...Gene Simmons, Peter Criss, and Ace Frehley put on the iconic make up and costumes and took the stage without him."

...geez, fact check anybody?? Laughing very hard

...to make matters worse, I started seeing that same news bit making the rounds on Facebook last night, picked up by dummies in various groups who were passing it around like "OMG THEY REUNITED?? THIS IS GONNA BE HUGE OMG!!1!!1"

...it would've been a neat trick for Ace to be there either way, since the gig was in California and he was supposedly in the hospital in New York at the same time. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 3:31 pm

OMG!! I just read on an internet message board the KISS recently re-united with Ace & Peter!!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 3:33 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
OMG!! I just read on an internet message board the KISS recently re-united with Ace & Peter!!

AMAZE BALLZ!

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 3:37 pm

007 wrote:

Exhaustion has been the blanket excuse used for covering up issues for years. Wonder what the real deal was ?

In the professional sports industry, when a player sat out for a game due to "exhaustion & dehydration" it usually meant they were hung-over from the night before.

drunken

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 3:41 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
007 wrote:

In the professional sports industry, when a player sat out for a game due to "exhaustion & dehydration" it usually meant they were hung-over from the night before.

drunken

Razz With Ace that's highly possible.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2016 6:51 pm

Seen KISS last night in Bozeman, a beautiful 3 1/2 hour ride on the bike. I think I might have been entertained ?   Knowing what is going to happen and what is going to be said gets old pretty fast.  Had plans to check em out again in Wyoming & North Dakota at state fair time, but going through the motions and phoning it in might negate the positive aspects of taking a couple of long rides ?  They did play "Flaming Youth", which was okay.  Everyone already knows that Paul sounds like crap & Gene is fat and has his demon boots Velcro'd to the stage.(which didn't keep him from falling)  So complaining about any of that is a waste of time.  I got the tickets in a 4th of July raffle at work.

(EDIT) Oh yeah, I got a decent looking shirt with the US flag logo.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 9:45 am

Its really a shame that they've declined that badly. I thought about hitting up the Youngstown show in August, but have decided against it. Too much money and I really don't want them ruining my image of them from the last time I saw them years ago.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 4:48 pm

James B. wrote:
Everyone already knows that Paul sounds like crap & Gene is fat and has his demon boots Velcro'd to the stage.(which didn't keep him from falling)  .

TIMBER!!!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 9:53 am

Has anyone here met Gene Simmons or heard stories of people meeting him? He's going to be at Wizard World in Richmond, VA next month. My almost 5-year-old son was obsessed with The Demon last summer (still like him, but he was usurped by Kylo Ren, who has since been usurped by the Ghostbusters), so I thought it'd be fun to meet him....but didn't know how he came across in situations like that.

I've heard Ace is not very cool at conventions...anyone know about ol' Gene?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6379

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 11:02 am

Gene's a pro. Your son won't be let down.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 11:46 am

I met Gene very briefly at an autograph signing in NYC to celebrate the release of Alive III in 1993. It was your typical cattle-call event (i.e. band members seated at a table, huge line of people being hustled past them one by one) so none of them really interacted beyond the typical "Hi, what's your name, nice to meet you (signs CD booklet), thanks for coming" sort of thing, but I had no complaints.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 12:43 pm

I met all the then current members of KISS back at the Worldwide Convention Tour they were doing back in '95 (?). Every member was extremely cool and cordial, talked to all the fans and signed anything you asked of them. It was a great experience.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 23 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official KISS Thread Pt II
Page 23 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next