Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official KISS Thread Pt II

Go down 
+43
Wrecked Neck
MetalHeartMonsterMan
the sentinel
Eyesore
Dark Horseman
tul
ze_mau
DeathCult
Dave the Boss
mlotek
stpatrik
Metal Misfit
Runicen
Orion Crystal Ice
glassprison
nevermore
Lari
metalinmyveins
krokus
MetallicSeminarian
chewie
Vexer6
akeldama
Lurideath
Shawn Of Fire
Witchfinder
James B.
corplhicks
iamrockerfun
ZombieHavoc
Cliffy
bass63
exact33
brokentulsa
Boris2008
MetalGuy71
ElectricEye93
ultmetal
JBall_Z
Fat Freddy
manny
thejokeriv
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 8:36 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
]

His review of Peter's solo Kiss album is spot on.  Ha!

lol!  Yes it is !
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 11:39 am

exact33 wrote:
KISS brings pro football back to Los Angeles with Arena Football League team

So here's an unusual little story: KISS, the multimedia corporate product-spewing behemoth that used to be a rock band, has gone and bought its very own professional football team. In Los Angeles, no less. Sure, it's in the Arena League, but Angelenos can't be choosers these days.

All right, let's get all the jokes out of the way at once. Deep breath:

The team, set to start play next March in Detroit Rock City Los Angeles, will run a nontraditional offense: not the pistol, not the shotgun, the Love Gun. Players will be encouraged to rock and roll all night and party ev-uh-ree day. Following every touchdown, the team will go for a deuce. They'll keep the visitors' locker room hotter than hell. Team physician? Why, Dr. Love, of course.

The team will be dubbed — no, this is not part of the joke — the L.A. KISS. And their helmet designs are going to be amazing (and, no doubt, for sale everywhere at a reasonable price). As incentive, the band will play a private concert for season-ticket holders.

"As a fast-paced, high-action band, this partnership with the AFL was an obvious fit for us," Gene Simmons said in a statement. "With Arena Football, you are much closer to the action - sitting in the front row is like putting a folding chair on the hash mark of an NFL game – and it’s one of the only sports where you can experience this level of intensity. Attending an LA KISS game in 2014 will be similar to a live KISS show, with thrilling, heart-pounding action."

"The whole idea of an alternative to what has perhaps become a corporate sport is very intriguing, and resonates with us," Paul Stanley added. "We've always tried to be a band that relates to everybody, and the AFL is built on that whole premise."

Want in? There's already a website: LA Kiss Football. Get in early! And our pals over at For The Win have already mocked up some uniforms, which are an absolute delight. See 'em here.

So, yeah, if we were going to make a list of bands that would purchase a football team, KISS would be at positions one through five. Question for you, then: who's the next musician to buy a pro team? Snoop Lion? Kid Rock? The Bieb? The floor is yours.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/kiss-brings-pro-football-back-los-angeles-arena-123816031.html

In a semi-related note, Vince Neil has become part owner of the AFL's Jacksonville Sharks and is planning on moving them to Las Vegas next season. Oy vey!

First Bon Jovi, then KISS, now the Crue. Is owning an AFL team the new status symbol of aging rock stars? How long before Steven Tyler or Ted Nugent buys into this trend?

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 11:45 am

Aging Rock Stars trying to not be bored + desire to continue making money with something that semi-interests them (ie. sports) = this

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 11:50 am

Did Doc McGee manage Uncle Ted and Steven Tyler? He's the common thread - he managed Bon Jovi and Motley Crue at one time (and now KISS)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 12:17 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Did Doc McGee manage Uncle Ted and Steven Tyler? He's the common thread - he managed Bon Jovi and Motley Crue at one time (and now KISS)

Hmmmmmm, interesting point. According to Wiki, he manages Uncle Ted. Could a Detroit AFL team be in the future? The MotorCity Madmen perhaps? Razz

Quote :
Aging Rock Stars trying to not be bored + desire to continue making money with something that semi-interests them (ie. sports) = this

They ain't gonna make any money in this league. It's folded once or twice already and teams drop and re-emerge elsewhere every season. Bon Jovi and Sambora bailed out of Philly after 4 seasons.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 12:24 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Hmmmmmm, interesting point. According to Wiki, he manages Uncle Ted. Could a Detroit AFL team be in the future? The MotorCity Madmen perhaps? Razz

Quote :

They ain't gonna make any money in this league. It's folded once or twice already and teams drop and re-emerge elsewhere every season. Bon Jovi and Sambora bailed out of Philly after 4 seasons.

I can see it now -

Doc McGee: Gene, you need an Arena football team. Jon and Richie made a KILLING with their team! Call it the LA KISS!!! This is the 401k plan you have been waiting

Gene $immon$: Awesome, so glad I thought of the idea and the name - get me on the phone with Blabbermouth so I can tell them my latest and greatest money making idea that I came up with all on my own.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 1:47 pm

I grew up on Kiss, but I have to confess, it's hard to take Gene seriously when the model he's adopted as a businessman seems only to be missing the curly mustache for effect. Has he enslaved the Chinese to build a trans-continental railroad yet?

Gene, you can adopt Alice Cooper's stage persona OR Thomas Edison's as your public persona. Mixing them just makes you look like an unhinged ass.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 2:02 pm

Quote :
This is the 401k plan you have been waiting

Anyone who thinks Gene "needs" a 401K or that his grand-kids will one day run out of money is delusional....dude is stupid loaded...he just wants more. Same w/ JBJ...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 2:11 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Quote :

Anyone who thinks Gene "needs" a 401K or that his grand-kids will one day run out of money is delusional....dude is stupid loaded...he just wants more. Same w/ JBJ...

That could happen. Gene's plan is to take it with him.  Razz 

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 2:29 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Quote :

That could happen. Gene's plan is to take it with him.  Razz 

lol! 
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 2:57 pm

I'm no accountant, but aren't big investments like this sort of thing done by folks that have "too much money". Meaning that instead of their money just sitting in an account somewhere and having to pay tax on it, they invest in stuff to avoid the IRS. Something to that effect.

And really, when you think about it, rarely are sports teams a major or lone source of income for their respective owners. I'm sure there might be some out there, but most team owners made or continue to make their primary income elsewhere. It's only after you have enough "stupid money" that you buy a sports team. It's both prestige and tax shelters for them.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 3:37 pm

Quote :
It's only after you have enough "stupid money" that you buy a sports team. It's both prestige and tax shelters for them.

Exactly...people like Gene and JBJ are among some of the wealthiest US musicians in existence. They have the kind of money to do this...

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 5:49 pm

Seen this on facebook...
Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 12 408543_503636463013806_1293382031_n
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 8:17 am

I would totally pay to see that show. The highlight will be when you get to throw metamucil on stage.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 11:54 am

I am reading Paul Stanley's book right now and I think it's very good. I have gotten up to Animalize in the book and Paul pulls no punches about his feelings towards Gene during this period. Also, he's brutally honest about Ace and Peter. In a nutshell, Peter is a moron and Ace is talented, but lazy. It's a good read.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 10:18 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
I am reading Paul Stanley's book right now and I think it's very good.  I have gotten up to Animalize in the book and Paul pulls no punches about his feelings towards Gene during this period.  Also, he's brutally honest about Ace and Peter.  In a nutshell, Peter is a moron and Ace is talented, but lazy.  It's a good read.  

I'm reading this,too. I'm up to the reunion tour. He doesn't pull any punches but some of the chapters it seems he could tell more than he actually does (at least to me it seems that way).
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 2:07 pm

Supposed to get this one soon at our library. Looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 2:18 pm

I checked the library for Paul's book last week and the one in my town won't be getting it, but another one in a nearby town has it listed as "being acquired." After a 90 day "exclusive window" at its "home" library (i.e. only people in that town would be able to borrow it) I'll be able to request it and have it shipped out to me. So in other words... I should be able to read it by the end of the year. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 7:53 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
Seen this on facebook...
Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 12 408543_503636463013806_1293382031_n

LOL!!

That is pretty funny!

Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 8:48 pm

nevermore wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
I am reading Paul Stanley's book right now and I think it's very good.  I have gotten up to Animalize in the book and Paul pulls no punches about his feelings towards Gene during this period.  Also, he's brutally honest about Ace and Peter.  In a nutshell, Peter is a moron and Ace is talented, but lazy.  It's a good read.  

I'm reading this,too. I'm up to the reunion tour. He doesn't pull any punches but some of the chapters it seems he could tell more than he actually does (at least to me it seems that way).

I finished it today. I trust Paul's version of events more than anyone else in the band. I can't believe he and Gene put up with Peter and Ace for as long as they did on the reunion tour.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 2:31 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
nevermore wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

I finished it today.  I trust Paul's version of events more than anyone else in the band.  I can't believe he and Gene put up with Peter and Ace for as long as they did on the reunion tour.

Paul's book is the best of the KISS books.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 12:46 pm

I'm about 115 pages into it Paul's book far and really enjoying it. Of all the KISS books, this is the one I've anticipated the most because Paul is my favorite band member and I figured his would probably be a bit more down-to-earth.

He seems pretty brutal when it comes to his opinions on Peter, which is entertaining in a way, but because this is my favorite band I hate to see any of the members take shots at each other.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 2:07 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
I'm about 115 pages into it Paul's book far and really enjoying it. Of all the KISS books, this is the one I've anticipated the most because Paul is my favorite band member and I figured his would probably be a bit more down-to-earth.

He seems pretty brutal when it comes to his opinions on Peter, which is entertaining in a way, but because this is my favorite band I hate to see any of the members take shots at each other.

Peter seems like a complete buffoon. Paul does have some nice things to say about him toward the end of the book.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 3:30 pm

I need to read Paul's book for his angle. Not surprised that Peter comes out looking bad. In Peter's own book, he pretty much paints himself as an overly-confident kid without a real chance in hell who got EXTREMELY lucky landing the gig he did.
Back to top Go down
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 7:03 pm

The magic sense I used to have about the original lineup and Paul & Gene insisting they were friend with Peter & Ace despite their differences have been pretty much smashed to pieces by now. I've yet to read Paul's but I can only imagine especially considering his latest parade regarding Ace & Peter leading up to RnR Hall of Fame.

It's funny; Ace & Peter are talked about in very derogative manner yet Paul & Gene make Tommy & Eric dress up and play pretty much exactly like Ace & Peter, albeit with rather cold technicality rather than the loose feeling the band had in the 70's. Actually I really liked Eric in the 90's, just let him be Eric Singer, not Catman 2. So Ace & Peter are hated yet KISS are still using the identities they came up and performing mainly songs that originated with the original band. Quite hypocritical!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official KISS Thread Pt II
Page 12 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 26  Next