Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official KISS Thread Pt II

Go down 
+43
Wrecked Neck
MetalHeartMonsterMan
the sentinel
Eyesore
Dark Horseman
tul
ze_mau
DeathCult
Dave the Boss
mlotek
stpatrik
Metal Misfit
Runicen
Orion Crystal Ice
glassprison
nevermore
Lari
metalinmyveins
krokus
MetallicSeminarian
chewie
Vexer6
akeldama
Lurideath
Shawn Of Fire
Witchfinder
James B.
corplhicks
iamrockerfun
ZombieHavoc
Cliffy
bass63
exact33
brokentulsa
Boris2008
MetalGuy71
ElectricEye93
ultmetal
JBall_Z
Fat Freddy
manny
thejokeriv
47 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Official KISS Thread Pt II Empty
PostSubject: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 5:14 pm

New KISS official KISS thread since the old one locked itself after 40 pages......

Official KISS Thread Pt II 10061310

Axs TV aired a KISS show live from Switzerland today (fortunately I remembered to DVR it!) at 3PM. It will be re-aired tonight at 11PM EDT (and knowing AXS it will be probably be re-aired as much as they do Iron Maiden's En Vivo and AC/DC's Live At The River Plate)

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 5:17 pm

Cool, I am sure it is now available on bootlegged DVD's everywhere
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 6:35 pm

manny wrote:
Cool, I am sure it is now available on bootlegged DVD's everywhere

China is already pressing the DVD's..... you will see them show up on e-bay in 3...2....1.....
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 8:44 pm

My cable doesn't carry the AXS channel Sad 

When they aired the Celebrity Roast of Dee Snider a couple of months ago I had to watch that on YouTube. Nearly every comic/roaster made snide comments about what a lame network AXS was.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 9:34 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
My cable doesn't carry the AXS channel Sad 

When they aired the Celebrity Roast of Dee Snider a couple of months ago I had to watch that on YouTube. Nearly every comic/roaster made snide comments about what a lame network AXS was.

It's a cool network - they show a lot of metal related concerts headbanger

Unfortunately they don't seem to be on all the cable networks...... including Comcrap, who is in my area...... which is one of many reasons I won't be changing from Directv
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 1:55 am

I have Directv, but unfortunately, my package doesn't include AXS or VH1C.  I'm too cheap to pay for channels I'll actually watch.

Anyway, going to see KISS again in August.  Can't wait!!!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 9:51 am

That would be cool to see but I don't have the channel (never even heard of it before).
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:25 am

I watched it - the good: the band sounds fine, the new Spider lighting rig is pretty cool, typical KISS pyro/etc, Paul sounded better live than he has in a couple years (see MTV World Stage - KISS live in Germany 2011 for example)

The Bad: The band seemed to be going through the motions. When I saw KISS on the Reunion tour (by far the best KISS show I had ever seen), they had all the stage moves, stage posing down and it didn't feel like it was planned out, it looked natural. This show seemed like actors playing the part of KISS.... and the actors weren't all that great. The sad thing is two of the actors are the original performances acting out how they used to perform....and the other two and nothing but hired actors..... that they found at a local community theater and they took the chance to get out of the waiting tables/community theater circuit.

A KISS concert now is nothing but a Broadway/Vegas/Traveling Broadway version of KISS concert as opposed to the real deal. Almost like a Sha Na Na touring show... with Gene Simmons as Bowser's evil twin....... Or one of those "Legends In Concert" shows that just focuses on KISS (which I wouldn't be surprised if Gene puts one of those "on tour" in a few years.......)
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 12:19 pm

thejokeriv, I saw Kiss on the reunion tour and a couple times on the Farewell tour. I thought they were fantastic on both tours. Even on the co-headlining tour with Aerosmith (which didn't include Ace Frehley), Kiss put on a great show. The only time I ever saw Kiss and thought they were just 'going through the motions' was on the Crazy Nights tour. I had seen them twice on the Animalize tour and then again on the Asylum tour and they were great. On Crazy Nights, it just didn't have the same 'vibe'.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 4:10 pm

ultmetal wrote:
thejokeriv, I saw Kiss on the reunion tour and a couple times on the Farewell tour. I thought they were fantastic on both tours. Even on the co-headlining tour with Aerosmith (which didn't include Ace Frehley), Kiss put on a great show. The only time I ever saw Kiss and thought they were just 'going through the motions' was on the Crazy Nights tour. I had seen them twice on the Animalize tour and then again on the Asylum tour and they were great. On Crazy Nights, it just didn't have the same 'vibe'.

Saw the Farewell tour too - I thought they were awesome on that one as well! Aslo saw them on the Aerosmith tour - they were good, but not as good as the previous tours. They started to seem like they were going through the motions on the Alive 35 and Sonic Boom tours (basically same tour), but I really noticed it on this broadcast... I thought they would have stepped it up for a live broadcast gig, especially since they couldn't fix anything in the studio.....
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 12:34 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Saw the Farewell tour too - I thought they were awesome on that one as well! Aslo saw them on the Aerosmith tour - they were good, but not as good as the previous tours. They started to seem like they were going through the motions on the Alive 35 and Sonic Boom tours (basically same tour), but I really noticed it on this broadcast... I thought they would have stepped it up for a live broadcast gig, especially since they couldn't fix anything in the studio.....
Well, I'm still looking forward to seeing them again in August.  I saw them last year on The Tour with Motley Crue.  I thought they were great.  My only complaint would be that the show was too short.  Apparently, there was a curfew so they had to wrap it up.  And although the Star Child complained about it, I'm sure he didn't really mind. Smile
Back to top Go down
ElectricEye93
Metal novice
Metal novice
ElectricEye93

Number of posts : 53

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 5:38 pm

Just watched the Zurich show. The overall show looked great and the songs where Paul didn't sing were really tight but man, Paul's voice is completely blown. The songs where he sang were really hard to listen to. I got nothing but respect for the guy but if the band is going to continue as I live act I think they'll have to do something about this.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 4:15 pm

A new tribute album chock full of washed-up 80's rockers and assorted "Who the hell is that?" musicians is coming. Since it benefits cancer care, I'll try not to rip on it too much.

Glad to see Chris van Dahl could take some time away from the fryer at Arby's and get behind the mike again. Evil or Very Mad 

The full tracklist for celebrity Kiss tribute album A World With Heroes has been revealed. The release features members and ex-members of Guns n’Roses, Pantera and Whitesnake, among others, and will raise funds for cancer care. It’s already reached its PledgeMusic target, although it’s still possible to become involved.

Disc One

1. Psycho Circus – DDrive
2. Spit – Ken Dubman, Jimmy Callahan, Scott Metaxas, Mark Tornillo
3. Deuce – Bill Leverty, Kevin Valentine, John Regan, Russ Dwarf
4. Sure Know Something – Chris Buck, Anthony Cardenas Montana
5. Detroit Rock City – Ron ‘Bumblefoot’ Thal, Rex Brown, Brian Tichy
6. Eyes Of Love – Eric Carr, Benny Doro, John Humphrey
7. Shout Mercy – Jeff Paris, Troy Lucketta, Eric Brittingham, Jeff LaBar
8. Creatures Of The Night – Brighton Rock
9. Larger Than Life – Rex Brown, Brian Tichy, Mark Zavon
10. Cold Gin – Don Dokken, Tommy Denander
11. Love Gun – Tony Harnell, Mark Kendall, Scott Snyder, Sean Michael Clegg, Kevin Valentine, Tommy Denander
12. Little Caesar – Ron Young, John Regan, Tommy Denander
13. Hard Luck Woman – Chris vanDahl, Stacey Blades, Adam Hamilton
14. Outerspace – Shredmill
15. Goodbye – Impera, Bob Kulick, Lars Chriss
16. See You Tonight – Todd Farhood and Mystery
17. Beth – Michael Lardie
18. Tomorrow – Dressed To Chill
19. Anything For My Baby – Slaves On Dope
20. Unholy – Fred Duvall, Glenn Belcher, Mark Slaughter, Rob Zakojc, Russ Dwarf

Disc Two

1. Breakout – Tod Howarth, John Regan, Kevin Valentine
2. Rock’n'Roll Hell – Ron Keel, Troy Lucketta, Eric Brittingham, Jeff LaBar
3. Nowhere To Run – Druckfarben
4. The Oath – Rick Hughes, Chris Buck, Bob Richard
5. Master And Slave – Adam Hamilton, Scott Griffin, Stacey Blades, Phil Lewis
6. Calling Dr Love – Burning Rain
7. I Stole Your Love – SUN and Derek Sharp
8. Reason To Live – Johnnie Dee, Derry Grehan, Michael Foster, Bill Leverty
9. Hard Luck Woman – Fred Duvall, Glenn Belcher, Rob Zakojc, Russ Dwarf
10. Forever – Terry Ilous, Sean Kelly, Jeff Paris
11. Sword And Stone – Bonfire
12. God Of Thunder – Americna Dog
13. She – Razer
14. New York Groove – Kevin Jardine, Jason Rockman, Marty O’Brien, Elizabeth Lopez, Peter Tzaferis
15. Magic Touch – Jim Crean, Phil Naro, Vinny Appice, Steve Major, Stan Miczek
16. Tears Are Falling – Willie Base, Bruce Bouillet, Scott Warren, Mike Hansen
17. Rock’n'Roll All Nite – Harley Fine, John Regan, Atom Fellows
18. Shandi – Dani Luv, Scott Griffin, Matt Starr
19. Beth – Chris vanDahl, Scott Griffin
20. Beth – Phil Naro, William Hare, Ed Bernard

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 4:25 pm

Wow! They didn't even get Portnoy! I mean, how hard is it to get Portnoy!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 4:47 pm

Three versions of "Beth".. with two of them back to back on disc 2. What the f*ck?

I think I'll pass.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 7:26 pm

Has there ever been a band that has merchandised more items than kiss? I know some come close but who else even offers a casket?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 9:30 pm

I like the song selection on this one but the performers are weak. I'll pass.

Still, gotta be better than that lousy KISS MY ASS from a few years back.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 9:34 pm

007 wrote:

Still, gotta be better than that lousy KISS MY ASS from a few years back.

listening to fingernails on the chalkboard beats that cd....

bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 9:37 pm

American Dog's version of God of Thunder is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

Number of posts : 415

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 11:36 pm

Just watched this in High Def...super clear, super good audio.  This is total dvd audio quality.

Kiss is my all-time favorite band.

That being said...the makeup no longer covers the age of Paul and Gene.  The reason they seem like they're going through the motions is because it's no longer possible for them to have the energy they had as youngsters.  They're being as awesome as humanly possible.  The problem is...they're human.  Time has caught up with them.  They're being totally awesome...for their age.  But there's a reason rock 'n' roll has always been for the young.  And they're no longer young.

ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 1:37 pm

Regarding that tribute, it seems weird they are using some old stuff, like that Bonfire song. Especially since, technically it's not a KISS song. I know they wrote it and even demo'd it, but it's not part of their catalog.

And I'm not really sure "New York Groove" should count as a KISS cover, since KISS covered it.

But there are some interesting people involved...as well as some who I have no clue who they are, so I will just assume they are weird industrial bands, so often found on tribute albums of old rn'r bands for some reason.

The best KISS tribute album I've heard is Pretty Boy Floyd's Kiss of Death. As long as you like PBF and KISS, you're in for a good time.
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 2:26 pm

I'm a HUGE Kiss fan. But as usual with tribute albums this one doesn't interest me. Songs that I question them being on there plus artist I don't care far. Though I do think all the money made from this album goes to a cancer fund. So that's cool.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 3:35 pm

bass63 wrote:
I'm a HUGE Kiss fan. But as usual with tribute albums this one doesn't interest me. Songs that I question them being on there plus artist I don't care far. Though I do think all the money made from this album goes to a cancer fund. So that's cool.

Yeah, definitely nothing wrong with that.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 10:47 pm

I for the most part loathe tribute albums, I am sure this one would not change my mind on that score
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 2:23 am

Cliffy wrote:
Just watched this in High Def...super clear, super good audio.  This is total dvd audio quality.

Kiss is my all-time favorite band.

That being said...the makeup no longer covers the age of Paul and Gene.  The reason they seem like they're going through the motions is because it's no longer possible for them to have the energy they had as youngsters.  They're being as awesome as humanly possible.  The problem is...they're human.  Time has caught up with them.  They're being totally awesome...for their age.  But there's a reason rock 'n' roll has always been for the young.  And they're no longer young.

Well said Cliffy.  It's sad, but true.  In a perfect world, Gene and Paul would never grow old... And I hope they have at least one more studio album in them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official KISS Thread Pt II
Page 1 of 26Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 26  Next