Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!

Go down 
+52
ZombieHavoc
the sentinel
deathisgain
Medieval Torture Device
Runicen
Required Fields
Thelemech
mlotek
Eyesore
Temple of Blood
metalinmyveins
Sutekh
Svengo
scottmitchell74
Troublezone
Wurthless
bgsully
bass63
MetallicSeminarian
MoonChild
RAIDwarden
Wayne
Red Kitty
Orion Crystal Ice
springozzy
SpectreFate
corplhicks
stepcousin
nevermore
Alex Dee Rokket
DevZor
brokentulsa
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
tul
Boris2008
AchrisK
choosemetal
manny
Gilbert
Lari
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
James B.
Witchfinder
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
exact33
journeyman
thejokeriv
MEGATRON
kmorg
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 10:24 pm

Quote :
Guests will be Slayer and Ghost

No Dave Lombardo - No Slayer!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 10:32 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Quote :
Guests will be Slayer and Ghost

No Dave Lombardo - No Slayer!!

No Vic Rattlehead - No Megadeth \m/

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 11:53 pm

I figured it out folks

The guys in Ghost are from Maiden and Slayer Laughing very hard

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 12:11 am

just listened to Ryme Of The Ancient Mariner and played air bass all the way through it. My fingers are killing me!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 12:33 am

So I didn't go to the Maiden England show because I'm just not fond of Seventh Son, which dominated most of the setlist. Am I a horrible person?

Man, I can't ever stop listening to Rime, gotta play it over and over and over.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 12:35 am

Quote :
I'm just not fond of Seventh Son

You're not alone. I like No Prayer For The Dying more than that album.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 12:50 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

Thank you. Every Maiden fan I know loves that album. It does not bode well with my soul. Even Scott's review of it seems to me like overpraise. And I've tried countless times to this day to listen the whole way through to gain some appreciation for it. The keyboards may not be through the entire album, but they drip too thick when they come in, way out of place. The mix itself is dull and lifeless, with guitars way in the back. The songs get catchy, but in a pop sense; the minute I heard that opening Boston-esque intro to "Can I Play with Magic" for the first time I shut it off. The one track I do enjoy is Evil that Men Do. It has some moving lyrics. Don't know if I'd put it below No Prayer though. That was a pretty bad record, man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 4:18 am

No Prayer For The Dying is borderline embarrassing, my least favorite album with Bruce by a wide margin.

I love Seventh Son, have since it came out. It wasn't a popular album to like at the time of release, most of my friends hated it...but then again most of the friends I had during that era I have zero in common with now. Razz
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 10:06 am

corplhicks wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

Thank you. Every Maiden fan I know loves that album. It does not bode well with my soul. Even Scott's review of it seems to me like overpraise. And I've tried countless times to this day to listen the whole way through to gain some appreciation for it. The keyboards may not be through the entire album, but they drip too thick when they come in, way out of place. The mix itself is dull and lifeless, with guitars way in the back. The songs get catchy, but in a pop sense; the minute I heard that opening Boston-esque intro to "Can I Play with Magic" for the first time I shut it off. The one track I do enjoy is Evil that Men Do. It has some moving lyrics. Don't know if I'd put it below No Prayer though. That was a pretty bad record, man.

For me, Seventh Son began the long slide into garbage for Maiden. That album was slagged upon release and sounded quite dated compared to what was being released by other bands at the time. I actually like it more now than I did in '88, but that's only because Maiden has released several much worse albums than Seventh Son. This was really the end of an era for the band - after this they became a parody of themselves and then they became a boring, old man prog band.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 10:57 am

When SSOASS was released, I thought it was OK. Now I love it - took me a while to get into it. Excellent album! The songs were meant to be played live and they sound great - they play the songs better now than the did on the original tour.

Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 4:00 pm

I think Seventh son is a good album is it there best no but it's still good.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
springozzy
Metal master
Metal master
springozzy

Number of posts : 866

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 5:11 pm

IRON MAIDEN singer Bruce Dickinson has apparently told the Swedish web site Talarforum (Speakers' Forum) during a brand new interview that there are plans for the band to enter the studio to record a new album for a tentative 2014 release.

MAIDEN's 15th studio CD, 2010's "The Final Frontier", featured 10 tracks that had an average running time of seven minutes and 40 seconds, with the shortest song, "The Alchemist", clocking in at four minutes and 29 seconds, and the longest, "When The Wild Wind Blows", lasting ten minutes and 59 seconds.

"The Final Frontier" sold 63,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to enter The Billboard 200 chart at position No. 4.

IRON MAIDEN's previous album, 2006's "A Matter Of Life And Death", opened with 56,000 units to land at No. 9. This was a notable increase from the 40,000 first-week tally registered by its predecessor, 2003's "Dance of Death" (which debuted at No. 18 on The Billboard 200 chart), and that of "Brave New World", which moved 38,000 copies in June 2000 to land at No. 39 on The Billboard 200 chart.

"The Final Frontier" was IRON MAIDEN's fourth U.K. No. 1 album. The band previously topped the chart in 1982 with "The Number of the Beast", in 1988 with "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son" and in 1992 with "Fear of the Dark".

"The Final Frontier" was released in North America on August 17, 2010 via Universal Music Enterprises (UMe). The effort was made available in a unique limited-edition collectors' "Mission Edition" CD case and features access to extra bonus content, including the director's cut of a video for the edited version of the opening song on the album, entitled "Satellite 15... The Final Frontier"; band "Mission Debrief" interview footage; wallpapers; photos; and the exclusive game "Mission II : Rescue & Revenge". MAIDEN also for the first time made the album available as an iTunes LP with bonus content as well as the traditional digital format. There was also a limited-edition double picture disc.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 9:08 pm

Expected but awesome news
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 9:08 am

I hate the way Press Releases are done these days.

THIS is the part that matters:

Quote :
IRON MAIDEN singer Bruce Dickinson has apparently told the Swedish web site Talarforum (Speakers' Forum) during a brand new interview that there are plans for the band to enter the studio to record a new album for a tentative 2014 release.

None of this is relevant to the story...all repetitious filler:

Quote :
MAIDEN's 15th studio CD, 2010's "The Final Frontier", featured 10 tracks that had an average running time of seven minutes and 40 seconds, with the shortest song, "The Alchemist", clocking in at four minutes and 29 seconds, and the longest, "When The Wild Wind Blows", lasting ten minutes and 59 seconds.

"The Final Frontier" sold 63,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to enter The Billboard 200 chart at position No. 4.

IRON MAIDEN's previous album, 2006's "A Matter Of Life And Death", opened with 56,000 units to land at No. 9. This was a notable increase from the 40,000 first-week tally registered by its predecessor, 2003's "Dance of Death" (which debuted at No. 18 on The Billboard 200 chart), and that of "Brave New World", which moved 38,000 copies in June 2000 to land at No. 39 on The Billboard 200 chart.

"The Final Frontier" was IRON MAIDEN's fourth U.K. No. 1 album. The band previously topped the chart in 1982 with "The Number of the Beast", in 1988 with "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son" and in 1992 with "Fear of the Dark".

"The Final Frontier" was released in North America on August 17, 2010 via Universal Music Enterprises (UMe). The effort was made available in a unique limited-edition collectors' "Mission Edition" CD case and features access to extra bonus content, including the director's cut of a video for the edited version of the opening song on the album, entitled "Satellite 15... The Final Frontier"; band "Mission Debrief" interview footage; wallpapers; photos; and the exclusive game "Mission II : Rescue & Revenge". MAIDEN also for the first time made the album available as an iTunes LP with bonus content as well as the traditional digital format. There was also a limited-edition double picture disc.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 9:11 am

Listening to 'Seventh Son' for me is like this:

WHOA!
yeah!
ugh.
WHOA!
zzz.
zzz.
YEAH!
WHOA!
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 1:11 pm

Took a number of spins to really like The Final Frontier, but once it sank in, I love it. REALLY looking forward to what the boys serve up in 2014!

Up The Irons!
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 2:54 pm

springozzy wrote:
IRON MAIDEN the band to enter the studio to record a new album for a tentative 2014 release.

Good news.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 3:03 pm

I played Fear of the Dark yesterday.

Cannot understand why this album is so underrated. It's excellent, with some great songs like be quick or be dead and fear of the dark.

I wish Maiden would again release such interesting material.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 1:44 pm

Just saw Bruce Dickinson fence on Norwegian national broadcasting news! Apparently he was visiting Norway, and had a fencing match with one our olympic champions! The pro guy thought he would have an easy match, but admitted he had to work much harder than expected. My comment? "Dude, he's been fencing longer than you have lived!"

Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 3:31 am

Been listening to nothing but Maiden now for the last couple of weeks. Got tickets to see the maiden England show on the 3rd of August at the London O2, cannot wait.

Will be the 15th time I've seen the mighty maiden live.

Reading the first couple of pages of this thread was interesting. Personally I can never get enough iron maiden and I would be happy if they had an official live release (cd/DVD/blu ray) of every single tour they ever did lol.

I never understand the cash grab claim as no one is forced to buy anything and if your compulsive collector urges makes you want to own everything a band releases despite not actually wanting it then there's seriously something wrong with you.

I've purchased just about everything maiden have ever released and yes I do have about 25 live versions of run to the hills spread across various releases lol. Don't care. Maiden are my favourite band and its great to bust out the various live albums and run through them every so often as each one kinda captures the time and era really well and always brings back memories for me so its a great nostalgic trip.

Comparing kiss to maiden is totally daft. When iron maiden start marketing their own coffins and condoms then by all means call them cash grab sellouts. The live releases always come with a raft of cool bonus features and extras that totally justifies the purchase in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
RAIDwarden
Metal novice
Metal novice
RAIDwarden

Number of posts : 54

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 1:14 pm

Fear of the Dark is their worst album with Bruce, but Fear of the Dark is one of their best songs. My personal favorite album at the moment is Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. Every song is perfect.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 2:19 pm

'bah, definitely The Final Frontier is the lowest of Maiden albums with Bruce. As compared to this record, Fear of the Dark is awesome.

And yeah, Piece of Mind still remains my personal favourite.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 2:21 pm

journeyman wrote:
springozzy wrote:
IRON MAIDEN the band to enter the studio to record a new album for a tentative 2014 release.

Good news.

Definitely excited, but I hope they deliver a near classic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 2:22 pm

No Prayer For The Dying is the worst Maiden album with Bruce by a wide margin.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 2:23 pm

I love fear of the dark. Might be a bit biased as it was the first album that I picked up new on release date having got into maiden a year ish before. I thinks it's much better than no prayer for the dying but I honestly don't think maiden have ever released a proper turd of an album, that's why they're my favourite band. I can find something to enjoy about all their releases, even the blaze stuff lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!
Page 5 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next