Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!

Go down 
+52
ZombieHavoc
the sentinel
deathisgain
Medieval Torture Device
Runicen
Required Fields
Thelemech
mlotek
Eyesore
Temple of Blood
metalinmyveins
Sutekh
Svengo
scottmitchell74
Troublezone
Wurthless
bgsully
bass63
MetallicSeminarian
MoonChild
RAIDwarden
Wayne
Red Kitty
Orion Crystal Ice
springozzy
SpectreFate
corplhicks
stepcousin
nevermore
Alex Dee Rokket
DevZor
brokentulsa
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
tul
Boris2008
AchrisK
choosemetal
manny
Gilbert
Lari
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
James B.
Witchfinder
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
exact33
journeyman
thejokeriv
MEGATRON
kmorg
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 11:48 pm

S.D. wrote:
They aren't a nostalgia act, but some of their older fan base sure are closed-minded about anything after the 1980s.

We're not close-minded. The albums simply aren't good.

1. I wanted to like their new stuff. At least a few songs here and there.
2. I don't care if they evolve their style

They're boring ... which is probably the greatest sin music can commit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 12:04 am

The problem with a lot of modern Iron Maiden is that they make ten-minute songs with only a handful of riffs to go around. The last several albums have been pretty underwhelming, and not even the rest of the post-Seventh Son of a Seventh Son releases can get away from this conviction.

Great band to see live and collect, but they're not as sharp as they used to be.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 12:06 am

Gilbert wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
I don't care for maiden anymore. They haven't put out a good album since brave new world.

You're being generous, but yeah, I'm with ya.

The shows are fun but I consider bands just nostalgia acts at that point.

true. A pure nostalgia act.

Except for, you know, the legion of folks who actually aren't stuck in the past and enjoy their recent albums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 12:11 am

Temple of Blood wrote:

We're not close-minded.  The albums simply aren't good.

1.  I wanted to like their new stuff.  At least a few songs here and there.
2.  I don't care if they evolve their style

That's your opinion.

My opinion is I happen to not agree with your opinion. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 12:40 am

I like new Maiden. Now is it better than the old stuff? No, but it isn't bad. The latest album had some good tracks some of the songs were a bit too proggy for my taste but it wasn't bad by any means.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 1:00 am

My opinion is that there is much better metal and much better prog out there at the moment (as S.D has said, just opinions) plus Bruce has always really irritated me (No! I don't feel like screeeaaaming for you Bruce, go away!) but they are a quality band with a ton of fans who can't wait to hear what they are going to do next. They definitely deserve respect.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 3:55 am

Looking back, my love of Iron Maiden faded since Dance of the Death. I prefer the good old Maiden records, I still consider Piece of Mind to be the best album ever.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 5:36 am

I think they've been as good as ever. Probably better. A Matter of Life and Death is my favourite, but Brave New World and Dance of Death are both awesome records. Right up there with Powerslave and Seventh Son. Maybe better. Just longer and more complex.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 8:12 am

Lari wrote:
, but Brave New World and Dance of Death are both awesome records. Right up there with Powerslave and Seventh Son. Maybe better. Just longer and more complex.

I understand it is a personal opinion and I acknowledge that. But to me, comparing those two albums with Power Slave and Seventh Son.....? is "pukeable" don\'t know
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 8:15 am

MoonChild wrote:
Lari wrote:
, but Brave New World and Dance of Death are both awesome records. Right up there with Powerslave and Seventh Son. Maybe better. Just longer and more complex.

I understand it is a personal opinion and I acknowledge that. But to me, comparing those two albums with Power Slave and Seventh Son.....? is "pukeable" don\'t know

Yeah, but to me comparing Powerslave & Seventh Son to Iron Maiden & Killers is just as "pukeable" that's why it's so personal.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 8:19 am

Boris2008 wrote:
MoonChild wrote:
Lari wrote:

Yeah, but to me comparing Powerslave & Seventh Son to Iron Maiden & Killers is just as "pukeable" that's why it's so personal.

Yeah, I hear ya loud and clear, and that clears one thing. Liking and disliking an album doesnot have anything to do with the band, but our likings and expectiations of a band.

Afterall, together we rock headbanger
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 8:31 am

Although they're not as phenomenal as they once were, they're still a very good act. Their recent albums (post reunion) all have their merits to one degree or another,and this coming from someone who doesn't really like the proggy,over-long stuff. Maiden just seems to get it right.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 8:53 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
S.D. wrote:
They aren't a nostalgia act, but some of their older fan base sure are closed-minded about anything after the 1980s.

You state your opinions like they are facts.
You and few others have every right to feel their albums are boring, I happen to disagree with you.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 7:56 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
S.D. wrote:

A lot of people completely disagree - myself included. The post-reunion albums are all fantastic and they are on roll equal to the 80's output. Much like Aerosmith did in the 80's, Maiden grabbed a TON of new, younger fans that love the new albums and became fans because of them. In fact, they are bigger than they have ever been worldwide. In the US they are an arena band. Rest of the world? Stadiums. Boring? not at all
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 11:14 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
S.D. wrote:

That exactly is the point. I totally agree, as do many more. headbanger
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 11:59 pm

The albums are very underwhelming, but because they have Iron Maiden's name slapped on the front, many people will buy them and say they're all great.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 2:25 am

Painkiller wrote:
The albums are very underwhelming, but because they have Iron Maiden's name slapped on the front, many people will buy them and say they're all great.

cool
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 3:44 am

Painkiller wrote:

I love it when people decide the reasons why people do things or like things for them. It's not true of course, the Blaze albums had Iron Maiden's name slapped on the front too and people didn't buy them because they didn't like them.

I'm not a fan of the newer albums (post 1984 lol! ) but c'mon now!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 4:03 am

Boris2008 wrote:
I love it when people decide the reasons why people do things or like things for them. It's not true of course, the Blaze albums had Iron Maiden's name slapped on the front too and people didn't buy them because they didn't like them.

I never said that I know what every Iron Maiden fan's reason for getting an album of theirs is, but from personal experience of communicating with many metalheads into them extensively, I was under the impression that they either preferred to trust the brand over all others or weren't aware of other similarly styled bands that are still out there and making excellent music.

It's a lot like how many people are mostly comfortable with only discussing the likes of Metallica or Cannibal Corpse, yet when the subject of Dead Congregation or Trenchrot come up, they just remain quiet. I've also personally experienced this situation while conversing with older metalheads.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 4:43 am

Painkiller wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

I never said that I know what every Iron Maiden fan's reason for getting an album of theirs is, but from personal experience of communicating with many metalheads into them extensively, I was under the impression that they either preferred to trust the brand over all others or weren't aware of other similarly styled bands that are still out there and making excellent music.

It's a lot like how many people are mostly comfortable with only discussing the likes of Metallica or Cannibal Corpse, yet when the subject of Dead Congregation or Trenchrot come up, they just remain quiet. I've also personally experienced this situation while conversing with older metalheads.

I like searching out for newer bands and finding the diamonds but not everyone does and with a gazillion different bands out there it gets tough to catch all of them and most of the time not worth the effort, I checked out both Dead Congregation & Trenchrot and they are both decent old school death metal, so what? There really isn't any reason for me to pick them up as I'll probably go for the '90s bands if I'm in that mood because there was some great stuff from that era and I'm not a huge death metal fan anyway.

The fact that there is great new music by new bands doesn't mean that you have to disrespect other people's tastes every five minutes and remind us that we are a bunch of useless coffin dodgers. I also think that there are great bands who can't catch much of a break while bands from the '80s get a free pass sometimes so long as they churn out albums that sound a bit like what they were doing in the '80s (the Shrapnel album destroys anything I've heard recently from Exodus, Death Angel, Testament etc, IMHO) but at the end of the day people dig what they dig. (including Kiss which mystifies me)

What I don't understand is why this is such a big issue for you that you have to drone on about it ad infinitum? There really should be a more entertaining way to spend your youth! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 5:12 am

Boris2008 wrote:
I like searching out for newer bands and finding the diamonds but not everyone does and with a gazillion different bands out there it gets tough to catch all of them and most of the time not worth the effort, I checked out both Dead Congregation & Trenchrot and they are both decent old school death metal, so what? There really isn't any reason for me to pick them up as I'll probably go for the '90s bands if I'm in that mood because there was some great stuff from that era and I'm not a huge death metal fan anyway.

The fact that there is great new music by new bands doesn't mean that you have to disrespect other people's tastes every five minutes and remind us that we are a bunch of useless coffin dodgers. I also think that there are great bands who can't catch much of a break while bands from the '80s get a free pass sometimes so long as they churn out albums that sound a bit like what they were doing in the '80s (the Shrapnel album destroys anything I've heard recently from Exodus, Death Angel, Testament etc, IMHO) but at the end of the day people dig what they dig. (including Kiss which mystifies me)

What I don't understand is why this is such a big issue for you that you have to drone on about it ad infinitum? There really should be a more entertaining way to spend your youth! lol!
Where, exactly, did I post any "disrespect" in this thread? Perhaps you interpreted my posts in such a way, but I focus on speaking from a neutral or objective standpoint.

Relying on mostly positive or negative bias towards Iron Maiden is what I dislike. Actually, for any band. I frankly don't care what people listen to, but that's not going to stop me from expressing what I obviously realize are just my opinions. Debates are encouraged for the sake of understanding how another person thinks about a subject. I'm positive that there are many legitimate reasons for getting into the recent Iron Maiden albums, since it's all a matter of opinion. Just not my thing, with or without their brand plastered on the front covers.

I just think that a lot of people stuck on mainly the popular bands are missing out on some great stuff that's smoking in the underground, and you don't have to possess an encyclopedia-like knowledge of metal to appreciate more than just the bands that you grew up with. It's not a race to see who can be more "metal" than the other. I'm still partial to big bands like Judas Priest, but I seldom talk about them anymore. I just think that the dead horse has been beaten enough to move on to something else. Like you said, making use of your time.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 12:38 pm

I am not aware of anybody on this board that only listens to "mainly the popular bands."  I hardly think that a heavy metal message board would attract someone that stopped listening to any newer metal once they reached a certain age.

I do have friends that don't listen to newer music, but they aren't as passionate about the subject as people are here. I recommend music to them all the time and they like what they hear but they simply don't have the time to devote to music.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Wayne
Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 1:52 pm

Iron maiden have been my favourite band since discovering them back when i was still at school 25 years ago.

In my opinion the post reunion albums are all quality, solid albums written by a bunch of skilled and very experienced musicians. Are they indulging themselves a little, of course they are.

Feel free painkiller or anyone else to try and tell me why i like the last 4 albums. Maybe I'm a sheep who can't think for myself and just because its got iron maiden on the album cover i will just automatically accept whatever music they make.

Actually as they are my favourite band i think I'm more critical of them as opposed to putting them on a pedestal and the simple fact is my ears have just really enjoyed listening to the last 4 albums Smile
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 2:07 am

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 9 3XOk16q
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 6:33 am

mlotek wrote:
The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 9 3XOk16q

I love Maiden, but that is hilarious! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!
Page 9 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next