Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!

Go down 
+52
ZombieHavoc
the sentinel
deathisgain
Medieval Torture Device
Runicen
Required Fields
Thelemech
mlotek
Eyesore
Temple of Blood
metalinmyveins
Sutekh
Svengo
scottmitchell74
Troublezone
Wurthless
bgsully
bass63
MetallicSeminarian
MoonChild
RAIDwarden
Wayne
Red Kitty
Orion Crystal Ice
springozzy
SpectreFate
corplhicks
stepcousin
nevermore
Alex Dee Rokket
DevZor
brokentulsa
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
tul
Boris2008
AchrisK
choosemetal
manny
Gilbert
Lari
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
James B.
Witchfinder
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
exact33
journeyman
thejokeriv
MEGATRON
kmorg
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 2:23 pm

MoonChild wrote:
'bah, definitely The Final Frontier is the lowest of Maiden albums with Bruce. As compared to this record, Fear of the Dark is awesome.

And yeah, Piece of Mind still remains my personal favourite.

I know I'm in the minority, but I love the final frontier. I actually like the last four about the same as the "classics."
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 2:30 pm

They are a band that can do no wrong in my book. I've always liked what they have done. And I'm looking forward to seeing them in September in Kansas City.
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 2:31 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
MoonChild wrote:
'bah, definitely The Final Frontier is the lowest of Maiden albums with Bruce. As compared to this record, Fear of the Dark is awesome.

And yeah, Piece of Mind still remains my personal favourite.

I know I'm in the minority, but I love the final frontier. I actually like the last four about the same as the "classics."

Same here. Final Frontier blew me away with how good it was.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 2:32 pm

I love everything about Maiden, except for the musical direction they have taken - especially with The Final Frontier. I know they have their own reasons to, just that I do not enjoy it as much.
Back to top Go down
RAIDwarden
Metal novice
Metal novice
RAIDwarden

Number of posts : 54

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 3:14 pm

I actually take back what I said about Fear of the Dark being the worst album. The Final Frontier is definitely the worst. It's so bad that I always forget it even exists even though I went to the damn tour for it. Excellent tour, but I don't think Iron Maiden can have a bad tour
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 3:25 pm

Love The Final Frontier - excellent album! The songs where fantastic live (Title Track, El Dorado, The Talisman, Coming Home, Wild Wind.) and I wish they had played one or two more live. Isle Of Avalon is a monster track and I wish they had played it live. Killer album!!!

Piece Of Mind was my all time favorite Maiden album, but A Matter Of Life And Death is right up their with it. Can't wait to see them again in Vegas and San Bernardino!

And agreed with SD - No Prayer is the worst Bruce album by a wide margin (still better than some band's best album)
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 3:30 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Love The Final Frontier - excellent album! The songs where fantastic live (Title Track, El Dorado, The Talisman, Coming Home, Wild Wind.) and I wish they had played one or two more live. Isle Of Avalon is a monster track and I wish they had played it live. Killer album!!!

"Isle of Avalon" is in my top ten favorite Maiden tracks! It's awesome.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 4:03 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Piece Of Mind was my all time favorite Maiden album, but A Matter Of Life And Death is right up their with it. Can't wait to see them again in Vegas and San Bernardino!

And agreed with SD - No Prayer is the worst Bruce album by a wide margin (still better than some band's best album)

+1 on all counts.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 11:23 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Love The Final Frontier - excellent album! And agreed with SD - No Prayer is the worst Bruce album by a wide margin (still better than some band's best album)
Agree. Your a tailgunner....
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:29 am

No Prayer was also the worst-sounding. A terrible mix overall. The songs sound ugly on that one. And the lackluster songwriting didn't help it.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 7:22 am

The issue I have with No Prayer for the Dying is the lyrics. Probably best described as the band being on autopilot as stated by Nolifetilmetal. The strange thing is Martin Birch was at the controls for this one and it lacks the "punch" that Maiden usually has. I do like the album, just not as much as the others.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 8:18 am

journeyman wrote:
The issue I have with No Prayer for the Dying is the lyrics. Probably best described as the band being on autopilot as stated by Nolifetilmetal. The strange thing is Martin Birch was at the controls for this one and it lacks the "punch" that Maiden usually has. I do like the album, just not as much as the others.

A big part of terrible production quality was the equipment they used to record it - they used Rolling Stone Mobile (which was extremely out of date by this point) and recorded it in Steve Harris' barn. Fear Of The Dark was recorded in the same place, but Steve actually bought better equipment to record the album (which is why it sounds better)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 8:41 am

Maiden was definitely phoning it in on NO PRAYER. "Tailgunner" is essentially "Aces High Part II," and then it simply goes downhill from there.

Still like it better than either of the Blaze Bayley albums tho. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:18 pm

Poor Blaze. Those albums each had one good song and then went thud. As for Final Frontier, it's an album you have to let grow on you I think, it took me about five listens to really appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:36 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Poor Blaze. Those albums each had one good song and then went thud. As for Final Frontier, it's an album you have to let grow on you I think, it took me about five listens to really appreciate it.

I dug the Final Frointer right from the first time I heard it. I don't listen to any of the "metal" that you guys do. I stick with the bands I like & try not to be to critical about what they do. Now Judas Priest Nostradamus is a different story.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:43 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
journeyman wrote:

A big part of terrible production quality was the equipment they used to record it - they used Rolling Stone Mobile (which was extremely out of date by this point) and recorded it in Steve Harris' barn. Fear Of The Dark was recorded in the same place, but Steve actually bought better equipment to record the album (which is why it sounds better)

Well that explains it.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 1:21 pm

I loved 'The Final Frontier', just a great album, that took me a few listens for it to sink in, but a great album IMO
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 2:11 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:

The problem I face, is that I am not able to get through that repeated pain of listening to it. Maiden is Maiden, I agree, but not for this one album. scratch 
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 2:14 pm

I love The Final Frontier. It's pretty epic, IMHO. Cool
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 2:23 pm

Satellite 15 = headbanger headbanger headbanger 
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 3:31 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Satellite 15 = headbanger headbanger headbanger 

Agreed     headbanger
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 6:17 pm

manny wrote:
I loved 'The Final Frontier', just a great album, that took me a few listens for it to sink in, but a great album IMO

i thought it was really good on the third spin Smile

MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 6:42 pm

exact33 wrote:
manny wrote:

i thought it was really good on the third spin Smile

I liked it on the first spin, but the more spins, the more hooks revealed themselves. "El Dorado," " mother of mercy," "isle of Avalon," and "starblind" are the standout tracks, IMHO, but the whole album is solid.
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 7:11 pm

The final frontier is one of my favorite maiden records. Awesome stuff. The only issue I have with TFF, and I've said it before, is the blandness of the production. It just doesn't pop, the energy is somehow siphoned away. The songs all sounded even better on "en vivo". Way more crunch and vitality in the live performances. They really need to find a producer that can effectively capture there sound in the studio better.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 7:29 pm

I guess I'm in the minority... I quite enjoy No Prayer and The X Factor.

The only Maiden I truly don't like is Virtual XI. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!
Page 6 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next