Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread

Go down 
+5
Fat Freddy
Chairman_Smith
ultmetal
thejokeriv
KissinMaiden
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread Empty
PostSubject: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 7:11 pm

So! this is the KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread! Here tell us all what you know about this coming soon DVD...!

I know that:

-They probably have finish to choose the videos and put the commentaries on it.

-They'll put some footage from Carnival Of Soul (Really?)
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 7:57 pm

I haven't even watched the whole Volume II yet, I will someday when i go back home.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 9:16 pm

Can't wait - love vol's 1&2
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 8:21 am

Love the first two Volumes. Looking forward to the acoustic stuff, the reunion, some Psycho Circus material, etc.

I personally like Psycho Circus a lot. Brought it to work today to listen to. Into the Void, Psycho Circus, Raise Your Glasses, etc. are all great songs. Here's hoping some of the Psycho Circus footage will make the DVD. I know they professionally recorded a lot of it.

Might also be cool to see some of the "Farwell Tour" footage.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 12:34 pm

I want a new album angry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 4:12 pm

Psycho Circus is a great album. I'm not as big a Kiss fan as you guys, though. So I can't really add more than this. Haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 8:15 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
I want a new album angry

Gene said that they will not do another.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 2:47 pm

KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread 2_kissology3a
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 4:32 pm

FIVE DVDs?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

OMFG! happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy

I was hoping for the concert where Paul isn't there...

Actually the cover really suck:

KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread Kissology3

Last edited by on Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 5:15 pm

Detroit Rock City! lol! One of the funniest movie about KISS! Saw this one 2 times! I will listen to it in English for the first time Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 5:58 pm

Quote :
Third 'Kissology' Due In Time For Christmas Kiss

Greg Prato, N.Y.

The third release in Kiss' archival "Kissology" DVD series will arrive in time for Christmas. "Volume Three: 1992-2000" is due Dec. 18 via VH1 Classic and will feature four DVDs comprising nearly 10 hours of footage.

The first disc begins with a complete performance recorded at the Palace of Auburn Hills in Detroit from November 1992. It also features the complete August 1995 "MTV Unplugged" set which found the original Kiss lineup of Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley, Ace Frehley and Peter Criss perform together on stage for the first time in nearly 16 years.

The second disc chronicles the original lineup's subsequent successful reunion tours of the late '90s, including the Detroit kickoff of the 1996 outing. Five tracks recorded near the Brooklyn Bridge in New York for the same year's MTV Video Music Awards round out the DVD.

Disc three boasts a performance from the August 1999 film premiere party for "Detroit Rock City" and a June 2000 concert at New Jersey's Continental Airlines Arena. The fourth disc eschews the chronological structure to offer a December 1973 set from New York, when Kiss performed the majority of its self-titled debut two months before its release.

Certain versions of "Kissology" will also include a fifth disc, which features the group's June 1996 performance at L.A. radio station KROQ's Weenie Roast.

In 2005, Stanley explained that the Kissology series was inspired by classic film by another renowned rock artist. "That Scorsese/Dylan piece ['No Direction Home: Bob Dylan'] was eye opening, at least to me, in terms of how you can be immersed in a time capsule, and not only see the music and be part of the crowd, but also get a sense of who Dylan was then," he said. "That set a really high bar, and I think that is more likely our approach at this point."

Sh*t...I hope the will put the fifth disc in canadian stores...angry
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 6:00 pm

AceFrehley655 wrote:
Detroit Rock City! lol! One of the funniest movie about KISS! Saw this one 2 times! I will listen to it in English for the first time Shocked

If I'm reading the track listing that Eyesore posted correctly, it looks to me like the actual "Detroit Rock City" movie isn't in the set -- it's KISS' live performance from the movie's premiere party.

Besides, are you sayin' that you don't already OWN "Detroit Rock City" on video? SHAME ON YOU!
lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 6:04 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
AceFrehley655 wrote:

If I'm reading the track listing that Eyesore posted correctly, it looks to me like the actual "Detroit Rock City" movie isn't in the set -- it's KISS' live performance from the movie's premiere party.

Besides, are you sayin' that you don't already OWN "Detroit Rock City" on video? SHAME ON YOU!
lol!

Oups! I was thinking that ''Detroit Rock City'' was the movie but not the song for the premiere!

(One of my friend gave me Detroit Rock City. So I own it. I said that I never saw it in English 'cuz I'm a Quebeker and the majorities speak French like me!)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 10:26 pm

AceFrehley655 wrote:

(One of my friend gave me Detroit Rock City. So I own it. I said that I never saw it in English 'cuz I'm a Quebeker and the majorities speak French like me!)

That's cool, man. I'm sure if you knew where to look you could probably find a DVD of "Detroit" with both French and English language tracks, if you really want to see it in English. I've bought some DVDs off the Net that come from Canada and they usually have both languages on 'em.

I still have "DRC" on VHS tape ... bought it in a supermarket bargain bin about three or four years ago for three bucks! Wotta deal!! I really should upgrade it to DVD though... tapes SUCK
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 11:57 pm

download it, my sisters friend lent it to me, very funny movie.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 2:50 am

AceFrehley655 wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
I want a new album angry

Gene said that they will not do another.

I still want a new album! angry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 4:10 pm

Quote :
KISSONLINE.com

KISSONLINE Q &A with Ken Gullic Sr. - VP for Fontana. Fontana distributes the KISSOLOGY DVD series. (Ken is pictured here with Gene)

KOL: Will there be three bonus discs, as there have been on the first two volumes?

KG: Yes! Three in total, on initial pressings only. 1) The KROQ Weenie Roast/Irvine, CA 6/15/96 (first reunion performance in make up) [58 minutes]; 2) Madison Square Garden/Reunion Tour 7/27/96 [1 hour, 42 minutes]; 3) Sao Paulo Brazil 8/27/94 (Revenge/Alive III tour with Sphinx stage) [1 hour, 34 minutes] Sao Paulo is my fave of the three actually. Intense performance, they look fresh... different and classic tunes. Though the Weenie Roast is a trip to see again. RETAILERS AND COMPLETE SET LISTS PER SHOW T.B.A.

KOL: Will there be any limited edition bonus goodies (like the back stage pass in Vol. 1, or the Phantom ticket in Vol. 2)?

KG: Yes, and no. The Coventry show (12/22/73) replaces any bonus goodies this time out, and will be available only on initial pressings, as well. There will be a cool full color booklet with comments again, of course.

KOL: Easter eggs?

KG: Yes, this may still be in play, but I believe there will be three of them. Besides the amazing/surprising coolness of the Carnival of Souls studio footage, one other that I know of will be a soundcheck song (w/o make up) before the Brooklyn Bridge/MTV awards taping. Not sure which song, but safe to assume it ain’t “The Oath” or “Always Near You/Nowhere to Hide”... sorry kids!

KOL: Don’t we already have THE PALACE ’92 performance on KISS KONFIDENTIAL?

KG: Nope. The footage on Konfidential, as cool as it may be, was a bit of a mash up between different shows, put to the Alive III audio only. I was lucky enough to see this footage in the editing studio w/Roger and Alex Coletti. It’s crystal clear, and I felt I had seen very little of it. It’s the pure Detroit audio/video... untouched/affected like Konfidential was. Though they did point out where a mic had cut out here and there, and other vox had to be flown in. It’s cool that “War Machine” made it, obviously. As well as “Parasite”.

KOL: Have we seen the Behind the Scenes for “Unplugged”?

KG: Very little of it. What I have seen so far was super cool stuff, mostly narrated by Alex Coletti (Kissology and Unplugged producer). It’s very cool that he is shedding some light on his experiences (especially since he is such a fan and was clearly living a dream)... there’s riveting stuff. Ace and Peter almost back out of Unplugged, at the last minute... so songs like “2,000 Man” are rehearsed w/o them on the actual Unplugged stage (If I remember correctly, Paul takes a crack at it!) and THE highlight for me was when Alex sneaks behind the piano during the 6 man rehearsal of “Nothin’ To Lose” (at SIR) and plays the piano part. Peter smiles from ear to ear when it happens. Awesome!

KOL: Don’t we have Dodger Stadium in bootleg circles?

KG: Nope... not this edit. This version is special because Alex and Roger and his crew unearthed the single camera feeds from each member and have constructed their own edit of the entire show. Conspiracy theorists unite, though, as Peter’s solo feed did not materialize... so the men (and women) behind the curtains admitted that they had to use dress rehearsal footage to fill in Peter whenever possible. This was not a Gene directive, kids, so relax!

KOL: Commentary?

KG: Yes, though I didn’t witness any of it, I know that Gene, Paul, Bruce and Tommy worked long and hard one day to get this all done. They did this right after we did our trophy presentation and all were in GREAT spirits. I do believe they all four did some stuff together where it made sense (e.g. convention/unplugged footage). Bruce later told me he heard and participated in some classic stories, as well as some all together new ones, with Gene and Paul. Sadly Eric Singer was on tour and couldn’t make it the one day this session was scheduled.

KOL: Will there be a KISSOLOGY 3 special on VH1 like there were for the first two?

KG: Yes, but this is for the band to reveal, I can say it will be very different, definitely bigger (like Volume 3 as a whole); some very cool surprises in store... I believe it will air LIVE at least a few weeks before KISSMASS! And that’s a wrap! (sorry.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 12:20 pm

Quote :
KISSONLINE.com

Pictured is the actual printing proof for the front and back cover of the Sao Paulo Show bonus disc, which will be available at Best Buy with KISSOLOGY 3.

Track listing from KISS - MONSTERS OF ROCK SAO PAULO, BRAZIL 8/27/94 is:

"Creatures Of The Night", "Deuce", "Parasite", "Unholy", "I Stole Your Love", "Cold Gin", "Watchin' You", "Firehouse", "Got To Choose", "Calling Dr. Love", "Makin' Love", "War Machine", "I Was Made For Lovin' You", "Domino", "Love Gun", "Lick It Up", "God Of Thunder", "I Love It Loud",
"Detroit Rock City", "Black Diamond" and "Heaven's On Fire".

THE COUNT DOWN TO KISSOLOGY 3 CONTINUES!

KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread 1_best
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 9:07 am

Looking forward to this, as the last two.

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 9:14 am

Quote :
KISSONLINE.com

Pictured is the actual printing proof for the front and back cover of the “general market” bonus disc for KISSOLOGY 3. This is the infamous “first reunion performance” on 6/15/96 at the KROQ WEENIE ROAST!

This bonus disc will be carried by all independent stores (e.g.: Amoeba, Bull Moose, Dimple, Down In The Valley, Electric Fetus, Independent, J&R, Looney Tunes, Newbury, Plan 9, Rolling Stone, Salzers, Silver Platters, Twist & Shout, Vintage Vinyl, Waterloo, Zias, etc.) as well as national accounts (like Amazon, Borders, Circuit City, FYE, Hastings, Target, Virgin, etc). Stay tuned for more KISSOLOGY 3 DETAILS! IN STORES DECEMBER 18TH!

Track listing from KISS - KROQ WEENIE ROAST - IRVINE MEADAOWS AMPHITHEATER IRVINE, CA 6/15/96 is:

"Deuce", "Love Gun", "Cold Gin", "Calling Dr. Love", "Firehouse", "Shock Me", "100,000 Years", "Detroit Rock City", "Black Diamond" and "Rock And Roll All Nite".

THE COUNT DOWN TO KISSOLOGY 3 CONTINUES!

KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread 2_kiss3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 9:42 pm

28 days before his release! Who'll buy it? I! For sure!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 3:19 pm

Looking forward to it.

Do we have official word on who will have what pressing of the bonus discs yet?

ult

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 3:36 pm

Disc V: (KROQ Weenie Roast, June 15, 1996)
VH1 Classic Records/Universal Music Group VH-00?-DV (USA, 2007)
01. Deuce
02. Love Gun
03. Cold Gin
04. Calling Dr. Love
05. Firehouse
06. Shock Me
07. 100,000 Years
08. Detroit Rock City
09. Black Diamond
10. Rock and Roll
It's rough, a bit raw, but it was KISS' first gig with the original
line-up only, in make-up, since December 1979. "This bonus disc will be
carried by all independent stores (e.g.: Amoeba, Bull Moose, Dimple,
Down In The Valley, Electric Fetus, Independent, J&R, Looney Tunes,
Newbury, Plan 9, Rolling Stone, Salzers, Silver Platters, Twist &
Shout, Vintage Vinyl, Waterloo, Zias, etc.) as well as national
accounts (like Amazon, Borders, Circuit City, FYE, Hastings, Target,
Virgin, etc)"
(KISS Online). This bonus disc features all of the songs
from the performance.

Disc V: (Sao Paulo, Aug. 27, 1994)
01. Creatures Of The Night
02. Deuce
03. Parasite
04. Unholy
05. I Stole Your Love
06. Cold Gin
07. Watchin' You
08. Firehouse
09. Got To Choose
10. Calling Dr. Love
11. Makin' Love
12. War Machine
13. Domino
14. Love Gun
15. Lick It Up
16. God Of Thunder
17. I Love It Loud
18. Detroit Rock City
19. Black Diamond
20. Heaven's On Fire

Best Buy Bonus disc features nearly the entire show, omitting only "Take It Off"..

Disc V: (Madison Square Garden, July 27, 1996)
01. Deuce
02. King Of The Night Time World
02. Do You Love Me?
03. Calling Dr. Love
04. Cold Gin
05. Let Me Go, Rock 'N' Roll
06. Shout It Out Loud
07. Watchin' You
09. Firehouse
10. Shock Me
11. Strutter
12. Rock Bottom
13. God Of Thunder
14. New York Groove
15. Love Gun
16. 100,000 Years
17. Black Diamond
18. Detroit Rock City
19. Beth
20. Rock And Roll All Nite
Bonus disc will include a 1 hour, 42 minute edit of this show, so not all songs will be featured...

No idea where this one is being sold.

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 4:19 pm

We will probably learn it in less than 2 weeks or 3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 10:18 am

I found it on the KISSFaq forum.

https://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n176/byfo/Kissology%203/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next