Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!

Go down 
+52
ZombieHavoc
the sentinel
deathisgain
Medieval Torture Device
Runicen
Required Fields
Thelemech
mlotek
Eyesore
Temple of Blood
metalinmyveins
Sutekh
Svengo
scottmitchell74
Troublezone
Wurthless
bgsully
bass63
MetallicSeminarian
MoonChild
RAIDwarden
Wayne
Red Kitty
Orion Crystal Ice
springozzy
SpectreFate
corplhicks
stepcousin
nevermore
Alex Dee Rokket
DevZor
brokentulsa
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
tul
Boris2008
AchrisK
choosemetal
manny
Gilbert
Lari
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
James B.
Witchfinder
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
exact33
journeyman
thejokeriv
MEGATRON
kmorg
56 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 12:44 am

I completely disagree that Iron Maiden hasn't released anything worthwhile since 1992. I think No Prayer For The Dying and Fear Of The Dark are the two weakest albums with Bruce in their catalog, the reunion albums I find much more enjoyable.

I view Iron Maiden very much the same way as Rush, two bands that might have started in a particular genre...but over the years they evolved to the point where they defy all genres and just became "themselves".

I've been hoping they'd release Maiden England on DVD for years, "cash grab" or not the material is first rate and completely deserves to be reissued.

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 5:01 am

On what release was the History of Maiden part 2 released?

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 5:50 am

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Iron Maiden has not released anything significant since Fear of the Dark.

The last four Iron Maiden albums are by far their best.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 8:22 am

kmorg wrote:
On what release was the History of Maiden part 2 released?

Live After Death re-release
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 10:24 pm

S.D. wrote:
I completely disagree that Iron Maiden hasn't released anything worthwhile since 1992. I think No Prayer For The Dying and Fear Of The Dark are the two weakest albums with Bruce in their catalog, the reunion albums I find much more enjoyable.

I view Iron Maiden very much the same way as Rush, two bands that might have started in a particular genre...but over the years they evolved to the point where they defy all genres and just became "themselves".

I've been hoping they'd release Maiden England on DVD for years, "cash grab" or not the material is first rate and completely deserves to be reissued.

Well said. I for one am eagerly awaiting the release of Maiden England and don't really think it's a "cash grab". Fans have been asking for this concert to be released on CD/DVD for a long time.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 8:42 am

journeyman wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Well said. I for one am eagerly awaiting the release of Maiden England and don't really think it's a "cash grab". Fans have been asking for this concert to be released on CD/DVD for a long time.

I agree. I enjoy the albums since Bruce II as much as the previous material.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 8:49 am

MEGATRON wrote:
The last four Iron Maiden albums are by far their best.

Preposterous Statement of the Year.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 9:27 am

I ain't rippin', and I have only ever browsed this thread. But, really? Everyone slags Kiss for marketing every single penny they can get. There has been nothing worthwhile to purchase in the Iron Maiden catalog since the First Ten Years series back in 1990. The Castle or Raw Power or whatever they were, remasters were fun, but even they were just for collectors that wanted each album to come with an extra disc with the b-sides.

Iron Maiden has not released anything significant since Fear of the Dark. And you are all suckers for buying into Kiss UK.

I completely agree. They are a marketing machine with a boring old-man prog band attached to them.

Last edited by Witchfinder on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 9:39 am

I am not saying that the recent Maiden releases are crap, but if they put this stuff out in the early 80's. I'd a not been a fan. I lost interest during "Somewhere In Time" (An album I still dig) Just can't seem to listen to much of what came afterwards and I have tried. (trust me) I also think it's really corny having three guitar players when they use them all in the same capacity as when they merely had two.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 9:48 am

James B. wrote:
I am not saying that the recent Maiden releases are crap, but if they put this stuff out in the early 80's. I'd a not been a fan. I lost interest during "Somewhere In Time" (An album I still dig) Just can't seem to listen to much of what came afterwards and I have tried. (trust me) I also think it's really corny having three guitar players when they use them all in the same capacity as when they merely had two.

That's the last Maiden album I really like as well. There are tracks on the albums that came after that I like, but they became very hit and miss for me starting with Seventh Son. The only post-reunion album that had any fire to it was Dance of Death, and that was a mediocre album.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:28 am

exact33 wrote:
journeyman wrote:
S.D. wrote:

I agree. I enjoy the albums since Bruce II as much as the previous material.

Also agree - the last 4 albums have all been excellent!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:52 am

I ain't rippin', and I have only ever browsed this thread. But, really? Everyone slags Kiss for marketing every single penny they can get. There has been nothing worthwhile to purchase in the Iron Maiden catalog since the First Ten Years series back in 1990. The Castle or Raw Power or whatever they were, remasters were fun, but even they were just for collectors that wanted each album to come with an extra disc with the b-sides.

Iron Maiden has not released anything significant since Fear of the Dark. And you are all suckers for buying into Kiss UK.

I'd agree with you on the endless live/best of comps cash grabs, but I like most of their albums after Fear of the Dark. To a point anyway.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 5:43 pm

Don't know why but i'm a sucker for the Maiden cash grabs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 6:12 pm

They are issuing a concert that was already released on VHS back in 1989 for the first time on DVD...with a ton of bonus material. How that qualifies as a cash grab is beyond me.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 7:45 pm

S.D. wrote:
They are issuing a concert that was already released on VHS back in 1989 for the first time on DVD...with a ton of bonus material. How that qualifies as a cash grab is beyond me.
This.

First time on DVD. And with bonuses, including History Pt 3! I don't own all their DVDs, but this one is a must-buy.

I also don't understand the mentality of "this band releases too many live albums / compilations / EP's / DVDs.... if you don't want it, you don't HAVE TO buy it. You obsessive compulsive music maniacs ARE aware of this fact, right?

From Maiden DVDs I have Visions of the Beast, Early Days, Live After Death and Flight 666. Only the last one I'd consider non-essential. Though the documentary part of it is pretty nice.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 1:44 am

Lari wrote:
S.D. wrote:
This.

First time on DVD. And with bonuses, including History Pt 3! I don't own all their DVDs, but this one is a must-buy.

I also don't understand the mentality of "this band releases too many live albums / compilations / EP's / DVDs.... if you don't want it, you don't HAVE TO buy it. You obsessive compulsive music maniacs ARE aware of this fact, right?

From Maiden DVDs I have Visions of the Beast, Early Days, Live After Death and Flight 666. Only the last one I'd consider non-essential. Though the documentary part of it is pretty nice.
I also have the Classic Albums: Number of the Beast DVD. Forgot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 1:50 am

Rock In Rio is essential, a great concert and features Bruce seriously improving a couple of the Blaze numbers "The Sign Of The Cross" the "The Clansman". They end up being great songs once you get an actual vocalist to sing them. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 2:13 am

Die for Oil suckers.

Bottom line is, you are not purchasing anything new. You wanna be Maiden Fanboys, go for it. Just ADMIT IT!! But you are only throwing cash down on songs that have been released "live" in one form or another 16 times before. Let's all go out and purchase the dvd versions of Live After Death, Flight 666, Maiden Japan, Rock in Rio, The Somewhere in Time Tour, Live at Donnington, Final Frontier Live, A Real Live One/A real Dead One, Death From the Road, Live at the Palladium, etc etc.

If you are looking at Maiden England as anything other than making cash off a live show from 1988 where they play all songs from 1988 and before...? I dunno. I really don't know why I am even posting in this thread. Other than to be on the sidelines with a video camera and watch a dying cow being hit by a train to be honest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 2:25 am

I'll be interested to see it both for nostalgic reasons and because it's a kick ass concert video, I owned it in 1989 on VHS and haven't seen a good copy of it for years. Essentially the same reason I bought Live After Death when it was finally released on DVD, I saw that tour and owned the VHS at the time.

As long as I still get enjoyment out of it that's good enough reason for me.

Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 2:35 am

S.D. wrote:
I'll be interested to see it both for nostalgic reasons and because it's a kick ass concert video, I owned it in 1989 on VHS and haven't seen a good copy of it for years. Essentially the same reason I bought Live After Death when it was finally released on DVD, I saw that tour and owned the VHS at the time.

As long as I still get enjoyment out of it that's good enough reason for me.

Would you feel the same if Soundgarden released every bit of recorded material in existence? Would Cornell fans not feel a tiny bit ripped off? Soundgarden had a really good ten year run from 1987-1997. So, what is the difference between them scalping consumers with recycled crap and Iron Maiden saturating the medium with the same re-hash from stuff from 1978-1988?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 2:44 am

Would you feel the same if Soundgarden released every bit of recorded material in existence? Would Cornell fans not feel a tiny bit ripped off? Soundgarden had a really good ten year run from 1987-1997. So, what is the difference between them scalping consumers with recycled crap and Iron Maiden saturating the medium with the same re-hash from stuff from 1978-1988?

Why should I care what any band decides to release or not release? I will buy what I want to buy from bands I'm interested in and skip stuff I'm not interested in.

The Grateful Dead have released basically every note of music they ever played, it doesn't have any bearing on me however because I'm not a fan and I don't buy it.

Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 3:11 am

And, in the context of our discussion, you do not consider the Grateful Dead's "for sale" output a CASH GRAB? Stop with the hypocrisy already.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 9:13 am

S.D. wrote:
Rock In Rio is essential, a great concert and features Bruce seriously improving a couple of the Blaze numbers "The Sign Of The Cross" the "The Clansman". They end up being great songs once you get an actual vocalist to sing them. Very Happy

100% Agree! I am glad they are releasing the old concerts on DVD.

As far as the re-releases, they also have grown their fan base to include the younger crowd that didn't have Maiden England or Live After Death on VHS and was out of print (and VHS dead) by the time they became fans. And us older fans have a chance to get it in a new format with extras. It's also cool that Maiden is including 12 Wasted Years as a bonus on the DVD.

And personally I like that they release a DVD/Blu-Ray of almost every tour now a days. I am sure we'll get a Maiden England DVD/Blu-Ray of this tour as well.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 9:41 am

Rock in Rio is splendid.

Love it when Bruce goes " SCREAM FOR ME BRAZIL" headbanger
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 10:50 am

The thing with The Dead is that "ALL" the shows are available for free on various websites on the inter-weby-thang and there are some who like having the package as well. So they have a different aspect to the "cash grab" scenario than Maiden or even KISS. The Dead put it all out there for free first and later put out various series of live releases for consumers who wished to go down that road.

I never watched the Maiden England VHS tape to the best of my knowledge and a DVD would be a way to do that.

Maiden tours the world, they make ALOT more money doing that than what they make in the "Old School" manner of things. Which was touring in the US of A. There are not very many bands left who can go around the globe and fill stadiums like they do. That is their business model. Tour, tour, tour...put out a studio album, tour some more and than document said tour with a live dvd. It works, they have it dialed in. For alot of Maiden fans, catching a show isn't always possible like it once was. Back in the day, where I grew up. You could catch about 6 or 7 Maiden gigs and drive less than 300 miles to do it. Today, you have to live in a major sized city and the next gig could be a few states away. So having a DVD to buy for the gig ya mised for whatever reason is often a nice plan B. Do I need to buy every tour DVD ? nope. Do I want too ? Nope. Yet, I appreciate that they do it. So if I ever change my mind, the tour is available to scope out. I also believe that if more bands could do what Maiden does, they would. That is a given.

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 14Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next