Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!

Go down 
+83
Dark Horseman
journeyman
vgmaster9
springozzy
Big Rich
Dellocatus
Andy
Wurthless
Wayne
adrian
skullkrusher
Mordor
DallasBlack
Shawn Of Fire
Rostov
ultmetal
metallicleora
Joe
HeavyMetalMerchant
chewie
Planchaaaa
Approval Guy
kmorg
tul
Zdan
Rex
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
Eyesore
exact33
Wargod
the sentinel
Addy
Alex Dee Rokket
Grimmo
scottmitchell74
Metalgiant
Troublezone
TheDoctor'sScarf
Lionheartâ„¢
QuothTheRaven
sheets
iamrockerfun
Jesusandmetal23
JDC
XYZ
metalken
powermacho
dirtracin1
FossilPiss
A Handful of Wayne
mez
INVADERS
MEGATRON
Lurideath
ZetaReticuli
Orion Crystal Ice
AchrisK
Gilbert
Lari
TheGooch
Sutekh
Metal Misfit
James B.
Required Fields
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Glenn Rogers
snooloui
Dave the Boss
MoonChild
Metallic Blaze
ryanmetalman
mr.electric39
Defender71
Schbopo
Mglaffas81
manny
7thSaviour
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
87 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 2:10 pm

Starting the offical Iron Maiden thread!!!!!!! With some news!

The band is now in the studio working on the new album. Kevin Shirley is back as producer and some really cool news: the album is being recorded at Compass Point Studio in the Bahamas, the same studio that Piece Of Mind and Powerslave were recorded.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 2:18 pm

I hope they write some shorter, punchier tunes this go round. Give the epic songwriting a rest for a little while. I just listened to A Matter of Life & Death this week and while it's certainly not bad, it does lack a certain something. It gets a little boring.

Since it seems to be all the rage right now for older bands to go back to their "classic" sound (writing & recording-wise), here's hoping for the best!!

Now if they could only bury the hatchet with Derek Riggs and have him come back for the art work. The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! 11840

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 2:20 pm

Arguably some the greatest if not the greatest album art in all of heavy metal!
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 2:24 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Starting the offical Iron Maiden thread!!!!!!! With some news!

The band is now in the studio working on the new album. Kevin Shirley is back as producer and some really cool news: the album is being recorded at Compass Point Studio in the Bahamas, the same studio that Piece Of Mind and Powerslave were recorded.
YES! Maiden is my all-time fave band! The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! 11840 Great news indeed!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 2:36 pm

I think Iron Maiden have been on a winning streak and I am glad Kevin Shirley is going to be producing their next album.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 3:47 pm

Brave New World, Dance of Death, and A Matter of Life and Death are all awesome albums, AMOLAD being my favourite. I expect nothing but another awesome release by these Heavy Metal legends The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! 11840
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 5:36 pm

What he said.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 6:12 pm

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Iron-maiden-eddie

humble
Back to top Go down
Defender71
Metal novice
Metal novice
Defender71

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 7:01 pm

if it ain't Maiden it ain't sh*t!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 7:02 pm

LOVE IRON MAIDEN!!!!!

2nd Favorite Band....

LOVE IRON MAIDEN!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
ryanmetalman
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ryanmetalman

Number of posts : 274

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 7:57 pm

I like everything they have done... I am stoked about a new album. Though I would like to see Derek Riggs doing their album art as well, as Metalguy pointed out.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 8:18 pm

manny wrote:
I think Iron Maiden have been on a winning streak and I am glad Kevin Shirley is going to be producing their next album.

Same here. Their last three albums have been quite strong. I highly anticipate their new one.

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! 438278
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 8:52 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
manny wrote:

Same here. Their last three albums have been quite strong. I highly anticipate their new one.

Totally agree!!! AMOLAD is such an AWESOME album!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 3:17 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
manny wrote:

Totally agree!!! AMOLAD is such an AWESOME album!!!!!!!

Yeah, AMOLAD is great. DOD is even better IMO (despite having a poor cover). BNW is also a very stellar album.

I'm so glad Bruce came back to Iron Maiden. Who would've thought back in the late 90s this would've happened?
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 6:31 am

Scream for Maiden!!!!!! Up the Iron's! The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! 11840
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 9:12 am

I didn't like AMOLAD. All the songs sounded the same imo, the production was very lacking, and it's just too long. DOD was better, but of the reunion albums I like BNW the best.

That said, nothing's going to beat the selftitled LP, Killers, and Somewhere in Time. The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! 11840
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 11:30 am

I like the latest three albums in order. I think each one was not quite as good as the one before. I hope this next album is really good, should stop any of the band's plans for retirement The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 11:35 am

I can't even think about them retiring, makes me shaky and dry mouthed.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 11:39 am

TheNazgul wrote:
I can't even think about them retiring, makes me shaky and dry mouthed.

Yep. I think the same about the Scorpions too but they're 10 years older The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_sad
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 11:57 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I hope they write some shorter, punchier tunes this go round. Give the epic songwriting a rest for a little while. I just listened to A Matter of Life & Death this week and while it's certainly not bad, it does lack a certain something. It gets a little boring.

Since it seems to be all the rage right now for older bands to go back to their "classic" sound (writing & recording-wise), here's hoping for the best!!

Now if they could only bury the hatchet with Derek Riggs and have him come back for the art work. The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! 11840

We hired Derek to do the cover for El Rostro...It sucked...He does everything on computer now. So we asked for our money back and hired Ed Repka...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 12:09 pm

Glenn Rogers wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

We hired Derek to do the cover for El Rostro...It sucked...He does everything on computer now. So we asked for our money back and hired Ed Repka...

No kidding? Was it the same theme/idea that Repka went with or was it a totally different comcept? I know Riggs had a falling out with the guys in Maiden, but I also thought he retired altogether. I didn't know he still worked.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 12:19 pm

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! 200px-Pedal_to_the_Metal

The last Derek Riggs artwork I saw was on Impellitteri's PEDAL TO THE METAL cover a couple of years back... and it was frickin godawful ugly... I couldn't believe it was done by Derek when I saw his name in the credits.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 3:26 pm

Iron Maiden rules!!!! The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! 11840 The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! 11840

I'm looking forward to some new Maiden!!!
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 3:45 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Glenn Rogers wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

No kidding? Was it the same theme/idea that Repka went with or was it a totally different comcept? I know Riggs had a falling out with the guys in Maiden, but I also thought he retired altogether. I didn't know he still worked.

It was the same concept. What he gave us was a pair of cowboy outlaw looking guys. Then we said no. He sent what looked like 3 metal looking dudes with swords standing in fire.
Not at all like we thought we would get from him.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 7:07 pm

Maiden rules! The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! 11840
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next