Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!

Go down 
+52
ZombieHavoc
the sentinel
deathisgain
Medieval Torture Device
Runicen
Required Fields
Thelemech
mlotek
Eyesore
Temple of Blood
metalinmyveins
Sutekh
Svengo
scottmitchell74
Troublezone
Wurthless
bgsully
bass63
MetallicSeminarian
MoonChild
RAIDwarden
Wayne
Red Kitty
Orion Crystal Ice
springozzy
SpectreFate
corplhicks
stepcousin
nevermore
Alex Dee Rokket
DevZor
brokentulsa
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
tul
Boris2008
AchrisK
choosemetal
manny
Gilbert
Lari
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
James B.
Witchfinder
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
exact33
journeyman
thejokeriv
MEGATRON
kmorg
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 8:33 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
At the very least, I want a bottle to put on the shelf behind my bar.

Absolutely.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 8:37 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I am SO buying that beer...

O hell yea! I am too!
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 8:39 pm

I'll give it a try....
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:38 pm

Who plans to buy Maiden England '88? I do!!
The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 61HUzRw5jtL._SY300_
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 9:15 pm

Oh hells yah I'm buying this! I've been spinning seventh son a lot lately anticipating what some of those songs will sound like live circa '88. I'm only 26 so I didn't really get into maiden until well after Bruce and adrian already returned to the band. So I'm stoked that they're releasing this slice of their past again.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 9:16 pm

brokentulsa wrote:

Already pre-ordered the DVD and CD, will be on my doorstep when I get home from work on Tuesday \m/
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 9:23 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
I pre-ordered it (actually twice, because I'm a scatterbrain and forgot I already placed an order for it before - I did send an email, hope they cancel shipping the second one).
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 10:16 pm

Oh yeah, I'll get both the DVD and CD. Kinda bummed they aren't using the original cover. I like the new one, just think the other one is cool. The new cover should be used for the maiden England tour, but I doubt they will release a concert from that tour.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 10:42 pm

I was going to ask the same question but broken beat me to it ... I didn't know they had re-issued this but I do plan on picking it up.

Probably the CD version though the vinyl version is pretty darn awesome too
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 11:42 pm

vinyl and blu-ray for Jimmy-boy

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 12:08 am

Awesomeness.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 6:00 am

I don't think they made blu-ray for this title.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 6:25 am

I've not heard the record but I'll bet that it sounds better than being at the actual gig sounded. Birmingham NEC is a truly, truly horrible venue to see bands. Crappy acoustics and staff that treat you like a sucker. The last time I saw Maiden in Birmingham was in '86 at the utterly wonderful Birmingham Odeon (exactly the same as Hammersmith Odeon, but er in Birmingham) but they closed that and all of the bigger bands had to play that dump!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 11:23 am

kmorg wrote:

Yep, just DVD. Not sure why......
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 11:46 am

thejokeriv wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Yep, just DVD. Not sure why......

figures

They bombard us with every recent tour on Blu-ray and then something I actually want is not gonna be done, oh well. Guess the source material was way too poor for a transfer to that medium ? I am really trying hard to sound like I know what I'm talkin about, but I actually don't. There are laws somewhere that state it is impossible for bikers/drummers to do so. Laughing very hard

Thanks for the heads up gentlemen

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 12:29 am

Off-topic (though in line with Maiden England 88):

I would really like to see a Maiden live album consisting of lesser known songs or songs rarely played live. We don't really need countless versions of Number of the Beast , Run to the Hills et. al. of the better known and regularly played live songs. I am a big fan of Somewhere in Time, and I would love to see the band perform more songs from that album especially Alexander the Great which is imo an underrated classic.

I don't think this idea is too far fetched - Maiden have covered very large portions of their recent albums from Brave New World onwards. Both Rock in Rio and Death on the Road cover about half of each BNW and Dance of Death - I thought both live albums were awesome for that reason. Especially Death on the Road which I gradually warmed up to as I started liking Dance of Death more.

I see this concept fitting-in with their retro tours. At the moment they are covering the late 80s period with Seventh Son featuring prominently in their setlists. I wonder if No Prayer / Fear of the Dark will receive a similar treatment. If they do embark on tours for those albums, they may bring out some lesser played songs as they did with several of the live albums recorded during that period.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 2:54 am

Maiden doing a setlist of "rarely played" tracks would be great, but it would almost have to be a one-off concert specifically scheduled for the purpose of recording/filming. On a regular tour a band like Maiden basically has to play some of their biggest hits to keep the fans happy.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 3:29 am

S.D. wrote:
Maiden doing a setlist of "rarely played" tracks would be great, but it would almost have to be a one-off concert specifically scheduled for the purpose of recording/filming. On a regular tour a band like Maiden basically has to play some of their biggest hits to keep the fans happy.

I remember during the AMOLAD tour some fans were upset at the lack of older songs on their setlist. I believe for a significant part of that tour they covered AMOLAD in its entirety; they played that setlist in several US cities where they hadn't toured in years and I guess fans from those cities expected a more traditional Maiden setlist of material they were familiar with from the 80s early 90s.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 3:33 am

Bands that have been around as long as Maiden can't win no matter what kind of setlist they attempt. If they play all older songs people will accuse them of being an "oldies act" because they don't play new material. If they focus primarily on new material people will bitch because they didn't hear "The Trooper" or "Run To The Hills".

They've handled it pretty well. Tour behind a new album, then do a "nostalgia tour" focusing on a specific era, then another tour for a new album.

That's about as close to pleasing everyone as they can get.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 4:47 am

In that regard i liked the Final Frontier tour because they played not only new songs but more recent material that does not make it very often on Maiden's setlist. I had seen Maiden several years earlier with their Live After Death set so seeing the new material felt quite satisfying.

I have mixed feelings about the Final Frontier - I think I need to spend more time with ths album but the songs sounded great live.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 10:15 am

This was a pretty cool setlist from their 2006 show in Gothenburg:
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/iron-maiden/2005/ullevi-stadium-gothenburg-sweden-4bd64f6e.html

I remember seeing it on TV. Shouldn't be hard to find a bootleg or a copy online.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 11:37 am

Lari wrote:
This was a pretty cool setlist from their 2006 show in Gothenburg:
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/iron-maiden/2005/ullevi-stadium-gothenburg-sweden-4bd64f6e.html

I remember seeing it on TV. Shouldn't be hard to find a bootleg or a copy online.

Awesome show - I have the DVD boot.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 11:48 am

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
S.D. wrote:

I remember during the AMOLAD tour some fans were upset at the lack of older songs on their setlist. I believe for a significant part of that tour they covered AMOLAD in its entirety; they played that setlist in several US cities where they hadn't toured in years and I guess fans from those cities expected a more traditional Maiden setlist of material they were familiar with from the 80s early 90s.

That was an amazing show. I remember walking out after the show and heard comments from "great show" to "no Trooper, WTF?"

Love the fact that they did this - go on tour and play the whole new album. Not many other metal bands would do that 25+ years into their career.

The whole new album/history tour rotation seems to be working well for Maiden - they are able to stay out of the "nostalgia act" tag by releasing/touring new albums and the "history" tours have all been different shows with a different stage, set list and Eddies. Unlike, say KISS, Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Poison, etc....

Keeps the old fans happy and the fans that weren't born yet during the original tours get to see the show instead of watching it on TV.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 1:49 pm

I like the retro-concert tour then new album tour thing Maiden is doing. Works out great for both the fans and the band. I saw the Maiden England tour and loved it. Felt like I was 18 again. Somewhere In Time would be a good tour, maybe it'll happen. I've really enjoyed all of concerts the band has released and hope they continue the practice. For major fans of the band that get everything they release, it would be great to switch up the "standard classics" with others. I'd actually like to see the band release concerts from all of tours through the years. The concert I find gets quite a bit of play for me is the Beast On The Road. I like to get the video and the CD so I'm pleased that they offer both.
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 2:07 pm

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
In that regard i liked the Final Frontier tour because they played not only new songs but more recent material that does not make it very often on Maiden's setlist. I had seen Maiden several years earlier with their Live After Death set so seeing the new material felt quite satisfying.

I have mixed feelings about the Final Frontier - I think I need to spend more time with ths album but the songs sounded great live.

I've been on a massive maiden kick the last two-three weeks. And suprisingly to me, TFF has been way ahead of the pack I. The number of plays department. I've always liked it but lately something abou that album has rely clicked with me. And I agree with you the songs come off absolutely fantastic in the live setting, I finally got around to watching en vivo, and wow. The sound so much more dynamic, exelent riffs and guitar lines that seem totally buried on the album stand out so much (especially on when the wild wind blows) that at first I thought they had rewritten certain parts of the song. I'd suggest anyone who is still on the fence about TFF to listen to the en vivo versions of them.

They really need a new producer, cuz I think whoever has been behind the knobs lately for maiden has been crushing or smothering some great material with the sound.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next