Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!

Go down 
+52
ZombieHavoc
the sentinel
deathisgain
Medieval Torture Device
Runicen
Required Fields
Thelemech
mlotek
Eyesore
Temple of Blood
metalinmyveins
Sutekh
Svengo
scottmitchell74
Troublezone
Wurthless
bgsully
bass63
MetallicSeminarian
MoonChild
RAIDwarden
Wayne
Red Kitty
Orion Crystal Ice
springozzy
SpectreFate
corplhicks
stepcousin
nevermore
Alex Dee Rokket
DevZor
brokentulsa
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
tul
Boris2008
AchrisK
choosemetal
manny
Gilbert
Lari
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
James B.
Witchfinder
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
exact33
journeyman
thejokeriv
MEGATRON
kmorg
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 12:49 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Die for Oil suckers.

Bottom line is, you are not purchasing anything new. You wanna be Maiden Fanboys, go for it. Just ADMIT IT!! But you are only throwing cash down on songs that have been released "live" in one form or another 16 times before. Let's all go out and purchase the dvd versions of Live After Death, Flight 666, Maiden Japan, Rock in Rio, The Somewhere in Time Tour, Live at Donnington, Final Frontier Live, A Real Live One/A real Dead One, Death From the Road, Live at the Palladium, etc etc.

If you are looking at Maiden England as anything other than making cash off a live show from 1988 where they play all songs from 1988 and before...? I dunno. I really don't know why I am even posting in this thread. Other than to be on the sidelines with a video camera and watch a dying cow being hit by a train to be honest.

I must be a "fanboy" cause I like Maiden live and enjoy the concerts. What is this you speak of "live at the Palladium". Iron Maiden is one of those bands that I find I listen to the live stuff maybe more than the studio albums. Stuff that I view as "cash grabs" is Eddie's Archive and the such from other bands. I bought the archive for the sole purpose of "Beast Over Hammersmith" I couldn't give a hoot for the shot glass or box, only the CD's which should have been offered separately. The stuff that pisses me off is a box set containing nothing but select cuts from the studio albums with a couple of rare and/or unreleased songs, now that to me is "cash grab" cause I gotta fork over $60+ for a couple of songs. I understand some folks don't get excited about live albums, but for bands like Maiden, I do. Maiden England, I've wanted that concert on CD for a long time.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 2:38 pm

S.D. wrote:

Would you feel the same if Soundgarden released every bit of recorded material in existence? Would Cornell fans not feel a tiny bit ripped off? Soundgarden had a really good ten year run from 1987-1997. So, what is the difference between them scalping consumers with recycled crap and Iron Maiden saturating the medium with the same re-hash from stuff from 1978-1988?

Why should I care what any band decides to release or not release? I will buy what I want to buy from bands I'm interested in and skip stuff I'm not interested in.

The Grateful Dead have released basically every note of music they ever played, it doesn't have any bearing on me however because I'm not a fan and I don't buy it.

I agree with S.D., I personally like these type of releases and if Soundgarden wanted to clear their film vaults release 10 years worth of concerts on DVD, I would probably buy it.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 8:10 pm

manny wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Would you feel the same if Soundgarden released every bit of recorded material in existence? Would Cornell fans not feel a tiny bit ripped off? Soundgarden had a really good ten year run from 1987-1997. So, what is the difference between them scalping consumers with recycled crap and Iron Maiden saturating the medium with the same re-hash from stuff from 1978-1988?

Why should I care what any band decides to release or not release? I will buy what I want to buy from bands I'm interested in and skip stuff I'm not interested in.

The Grateful Dead have released basically every note of music they ever played, it doesn't have any bearing on me however because I'm not a fan and I don't buy it.

I agree with S.D., I personally like these type of releases and if Soundgarden wanted to clear their film vaults release 10 years worth of concerts on DVD, I would probably buy it.

I think what Uncle fails to see is that some of us were not around for that concert and would like to see it. I guess you can see it as a cash grab but I enjoy different performances from bands captured live - there is a tremendous difference from the Stones from Get Yer Ya's Ya's Out to Forty Lick Live.

Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 9:14 pm

Even though I am not a fan of Maiden's recent albums and direction, I will be buying Maiden England. I have liked their other archival/documentary releases, but I have avoided their new live dvds as the don't really interest me.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 3:33 pm

I hope they release a DVD of the recent U.S tour dates they did. I think Maiden England re-release is going to be killer though!
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 9:51 pm

S.D. wrote:
Rock In Rio is essential, a great concert and features Bruce seriously improving a couple of the Blaze numbers "The Sign Of The Cross" the "The Clansman". They end up being great songs once you get an actual vocalist to sing them. Very Happy
I do have the CD version of Rock in Rio.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 8:38 pm

Wow, I just listened to Killers, and it has got to be about the most perfect album ever. I have loved it since high school (early/mid 80's) and it is still just pure magic for me. Definitely in my top 5 ever, from any band, and could be #1.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 4:42 am

AchrisK wrote:
Wow, I just listened to Killers, and it has got to be about the most perfect album ever. I have loved it since high school (early/mid 80's) and it is still just pure magic for me. Definitely in my top 5 ever, from any band, and could be #1.

Yeah, that was a great record as was the first one. I'm not knocking Bruce but they became a different band with him and I just didn't like it as much.

Just thought that I'd say that for the first time ever, I agree wholeheartedly with Uncle Saxon don\'t know There are a lot of Maiden fanboys who just have to get everything that the band puts out and they exploit the hell out of it. It's a choice I suppose and they do it because people do want it, but there appears to be no limit with Maiden.
Back to top Go down
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

PostSubject: re   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 11:44 am

The problem is some songs get played only once in a while, afterwards I ll ask myself how did this song sound live? So for me it is okay to release dvds in a regular way.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 12:32 pm

I just ordered the Live After Death picture disc vinyl. These things aren't cheap! I wish Maiden would reissue their catalog on black vinyl as there is definitely demand for them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 12:44 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
I just ordered the Live After Death picture disc vinyl. These things aren't cheap! I wish Maiden would reissue their catalog on black vinyl as there is definitely demand for them.

These recent reissues are made from digital masters, then cut to vinyl. The only way I'd buy Maiden reissues would be proper analog transfers from the original tapes, no digital in the chain at all.

I'll wait until a reputable audiophile reissue label gets involved.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 1:36 pm

S.D. wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

These recent reissues are made from digital masters, then cut to vinyl. The only way I'd buy Maiden reissues would be proper analog transfers from the original tapes, no digital in the chain at all.

I hope that happens and we get some good 180 gram black vinyl editions . I picked up Live After Death because I got it for a good price and the picture discs are very nicely done. I doubt I will ever play it though.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 1:39 pm

It's been years since I listened to any of my old picture discs but if memory serves, they tend to sound like crap.

They're nice collectibles to hang on your wall and look at, but not much good for listening to.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 4:02 pm

I think the initial cd pressings of Maiden releases available in that time frame (AAD) sound better than anything that came afterwards.

I just bought some (older) Maiden cds because i wanna give the old records a break.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 6:40 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
It's been years since I listened to any of my old picture discs but if memory serves, they tend to sound like crap.

They're nice collectibles to hang on your wall and look at, but not much good for listening to.

Yep! I have From Fear To Eternity and The Final Frontier on picture disc and they don't sound that great (tons of surface noise) - have them as collector's items. I really wish they would use the original masters and release the albums on 180GM vinyl - they would easily outsell the picture discs!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 8:40 pm

i would be happy to re-releasing the studio albums using the original masters.

Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 4:24 pm

S.D. wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

SD, just got the Live After Death vinyl and the sticker on the front says that they were "cut from the Original Vinyl Masters," so at least that's good news if it's true.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 11:39 am

Bruce Dickinson introduces Iron Maiden "Trooper" beer

Quote :
Trooper is a premium British beer created by real-ale enthusiast Bruce Dickinson along with his Maiden bandmates and handcrafted at Robinsons Brewery.

Dickinson played a major role in developing the flavour of the beer, entailing ongoing visits to Robinson’s brewery in Stockport. Trooper is said to be “a deep golden ale with a subtle hint of lemon”.

The Maiden frontman explained: “I’m a lifelong fan of traditional English ale; I thought I’d died and gone to heaven when we were asked to create our own beer. I have to say that I was very nervous – Robinsons are the only people I have had to audition for in 30 years. Their magic has been to create the alchemical wedding of flavour and texture that is Trooper. I love it.”

Oliver Robinson, managing director of Robinsons, added: “Not only do Iron Maiden genuinely enjoy a good pint of cask ale, but so do many of their fans – and they have an important part to play in our customer base. This partnership works for both of us.”

Fans of both Maiden and real ale can sign up to get news and updates on Trooper Premium British Beer from ironmaidenbeer.com, where bottles will be available to purchase by both UK and overseas customers from May 2013.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 11:45 am

I am SO buying that beer...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 11:48 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I am SO buying that beer...

Me too! cheers

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 11:48 am

Hell yeah! Count me in for a six... or a twelve... hell, maybe a Keg Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 12:05 pm

Sounds great ! I'll have to try it out. cheers

drunk

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 12:08 pm

Not usually a fan of lemon flavor in my beer but i'd give it a try.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 12:45 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Not usually a fan of lemon flavor in my beer but i'd give it a try.

Me too. I like my beer to taste like beer. Nothing too fruity. But I'd try this stuff out for sure. At the very least, I want a bottle to put on the shelf behind my bar.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 1:51 pm

true dat, dog.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next