Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The offical Kiss thread

Go down 
+30
Vexer6
Eyesore
Metal Misfit
akeldama
James B.
Cliffy
jstate
iamrockerfun
Red Kitty
metalinmyveins
DallasBlack
kmorg
Mglaffas81
ZombieHavoc
manny
Nosaj2493
Shawn Of Fire
MEGATRON
tohostudios
nevermore
Psychotron
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
exact33
Fat Freddy
JBall_Z
Witchfinder
Smindas
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

The offical Kiss thread - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 10:32 am

I won't consider myself a Kiss collector, but every time a new album comes out I always feel compelled to purchase things like the Pez dispensers. It was marketing genius with Sonic Boom exclusive to Walmart because all the stuff was right there when you bought the album. When I signed up for the Best Buy freebies on the Kiss site they sent a 25% off coupon for the store. I loaded up on various things before I caught myself and got some sense. Although I still am awfully tempted on the Halloween Kiss pumpkin long sleeve. If only it wouldn't be too weird to wear it out of season.

I wish they would put that bonus track out as a CD single. I guess I can wait till Christmas when the influx of itunes gift cards comes in.

For myself, the more I play Monster the more I love it. I'd say it honestly has potential from beginning to end to be my favorite Kiss record. Time will tell.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 1:25 pm

I think Gene's hair dye is starting to seep into his brain... insane

Quote :
Gene Simmons says he was given £200m to stage a Led Zeppelin reunion.

The Kiss mainman claims an unnamed promoter put the cash in a bank account and told him to use it to get Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham back together after their 2007 show in London.

Simmons tells the Sun: “In 2009 or 2010 I was given a few hundred million dollars in an account by a large concert promoter, and given the task of reaching out to Jimmy and Robert, trying to convince them to get back together.

“Of course, it didn’t work out – Robert just doesn’t want to do it.”

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 2:44 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

More like wig adhesive...

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 6:52 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

More like wig adhesive...

Laughing very hard

iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 4:30 pm

compare to new Lynyrd Skynyrd album... LS win, far away from the good, Monsted is poor.
LS 80:20 Monster
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 9:54 pm

I have listened to it some more and upon further review its decent. I cannot say I love it but it is better than i originally thought.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 10:42 pm

K
iamrockerfun wrote:
compare to new Lynyrd Skynyrd album... LS win, far away from the good, Monster is poor.

The new Skynyrd is OK. but not great. I'm having a hard time getting into it. The new ZZ Top is great! The new Kiss is great too. I'm surprised that a KISS fan such as yourself can't appreciate this album. I think you can't get past the hype to just hear a solid rock and roll album.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 10:46 pm

ultmetal wrote:
K
iamrockerfun wrote:
compare to new Lynyrd Skynyrd album... LS win, far away from the good, Monster is poor.

The new Skynyrd is OK. but not great. I'm having a hard time getting into it. The new ZZ Top is great! The new Kiss is great too. I'm surprised that a KISS fan such as yourself can't appreciate this album. I think you can't get past the hype to just hear a solid rock and roll album.

I think the new ZZ Top is outstanding. I think they really managed to put together some strong material.

iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 4:34 am

i have to listen new ZZ top.

yes, can't get thru the new album. i'm not hater of new but i respect dat.
what i found out is, dat i rather like Bionic Doom than Monster. i spin Monster bout couple o ftiems and i'm always gettin'angry while im listening, cant get thru the whoel album i had to stop it in the middle and give some break for some days. dunno, why. monster get me mad.
whole conception of album as i wrote before is something i cant spend. i need some changes styles as on LG or Revenge or Unmasked...

bout new Skynyrd, i push play and didnt stop it till the end. raw, catchy, easy, ...i didnt know when it ends and accidentaly it was over... and i said to myself hmmm dat was one fine cd, need to spin it again.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 2:48 pm

I'll finally be getting my copy of Monster (along with Grave Digger's Clash of the Gods and Home At Last) from Best Buy in the mail tomorrow. Can't wait to hear them !
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 2:55 pm

007 wrote:
I'll finally be getting my copy of Monster (along with Grave Digger's Clash of the Gods and Home At Last) from Best Buy in the mail tomorrow. Can't wait to hear them !

Both the Kiss and Grave Digger albums are fantastic IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 3:36 pm

How about that new Slash and Jackyl albums? I think they're both pretty good.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 4:46 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
How about that new Slash and Jackyl albums? I think they're both pretty good.

Not sure about Slash, but Jackyl certainly is.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 7:58 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
007 wrote:

Both the Kiss and Grave Digger albums are fantastic IMO.

the new Grave Digger rocks!!

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 9:50 am

I'm let down by Monster. It has so little variation, other than they change the singer on each song. It's not bad, it's just a tad boring, imho.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 10:13 am

I'm not sure what the naysayers are hearing. I think Monster is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 10:39 am

kmorg wrote:
I'm let down by Monster. It has so little variation, other than they change the singer on each song. It's not bad, it's just a tad boring, imho.

That's how I feel after repeated listens. I still think Sonic Boom was a more interesting album and the songs were better. I think it's on par with Animalize/Asylum and better than Crazy Nights/HITS, but not as good as Lick It Up.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 11:25 am

IMHDO

it is nice to hear Gene have good songs on an entire album

Paul would've been a better choice to sing the tunes that Tommy and Eric sing on

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 1:47 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
kmorg wrote:

That's how I feel after repeated listens. I still think Sonic Boom was a more interesting album and the songs were better. I think it's on par with Animalize/Asylum and better than Crazy Nights/HITS, but not as good as Lick It Up.

I agree with you both. I think it is a pretty far cry from the comparisons the band was citing.

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 2:36 pm

James B. wrote:
IMHDO

it is nice to hear Gene have good songs on an entire album

Paul would've been a better choice to sing the tunes that Tommy and Eric sing on

This I agree with!

Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 1:11 pm

007 wrote:
I'm not sure what the naysayers are hearing. I think Monster is fantastic.

I agree. And I enjoy it more each time I hear it. Back to the Stone Age, Shout Mercy, Eat You Heart Out, Take Me Down Below... great stuff. And I still think All for the Love of Rock and Roll should be the next single.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 1:32 pm

Quote :

They gotta give Tommy and Eric a song apiece to preserve the illusion that they're "full" band members and not simply paid employees of Simmons/Stanley Incorporated. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 2:28 pm

Over the weekend, we got a catalog in the mail. Along with the normal Christmas crap they were peddling, I saw these for sale...

The offical Kiss thread - Page 13 16570_1130345_KZG_DRG_mn

The offical Kiss thread - Page 13 16570_1130346_KZG_STR_mn

The offical Kiss thread - Page 13 16570_1130344_KNC_mn

As much as I like to bust on Gene and his merchandising mecca, I gotta say I thought they were kinda cool. Especially the boot stockings.

Get 'em here...
http://www.ltdcommodities.com/Holiday/Decorate%2Bthe%2BTree/KISS-Holiday-Decor/prod701235.jmp?navAction=jump&fm=search

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 2:32 pm

I would not mind a Demon Boot stocking...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 2:58 pm

Sadly, there are no "Space Ace" or "Cat-Man" boot stockings to complete the set.

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The offical Kiss thread
Page 13 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next