Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The offical Kiss thread

Go down 
+30
Vexer6
Eyesore
Metal Misfit
akeldama
James B.
Cliffy
jstate
iamrockerfun
Red Kitty
metalinmyveins
DallasBlack
kmorg
Mglaffas81
ZombieHavoc
manny
Nosaj2493
Shawn Of Fire
MEGATRON
tohostudios
nevermore
Psychotron
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
exact33
Fat Freddy
JBall_Z
Witchfinder
Smindas
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

The offical Kiss thread - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 1:24 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Just so everyone knows, I want Kiss pez dispensers for Christmas!!

I like Kiss, but not enough for the merchandise. I'd maybe get a t-shirt, but that's it. Now if they had some Eddie ornaments, pez despesers, etc. that'd be a different story headbanger .

I no longer collect KISS merch like I used to in the past (I had tons, including KISS clock, ties, Christmas tree ornaments, dolls etc.), but KISS Pez dispensers I've always thought were a good idea, and could not understand why they never made them, so I just really thought these were cool!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 1:43 pm

From what I understand the PEZ company is very selective about who and what characters/licensee's they put on their dispensers. For years 'n' years they've stuck by the types of "iconic" characters that have been around for a very long time (i.e. Mickey Mouse, Batman, Spider-Man, etc.) rather than try and jump on bandwagons because they don't wanna bet on a wrong license and then get stuck with a bunch of unsold leftovers.

Since KISS have finally made it to PEZ-dom, I guess that means the PEZ people finally recognize them as an enduring "brand."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 1:59 pm

I have a Yoda one also Very Happy

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 2:07 pm

I have Batman and Joker PEZ dispensers....

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 5:04 pm

I have a Chewbacca and R2D2.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 5:23 am

DallasBlack wrote:
I have a Chewbacca and R2D2.

You don't want those dirty old things. You have my address??

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 10:38 am

The offical Kiss thread - Page 15 83628

Now Paul Stanley has decided to get into the autobiography action and is writing his story.....

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=182997

KISS frontman Paul Stanley has confirmed that he is planning to write an autobiography after having previously dismissed the idea as a "waste" of time.

During an appearance on this past Wednesday's (November 28) edition of the "Sixx Sense" radio show hosted by MÖTLEY CRÜE/SIXX: A.M. bassist Nikki Sixx, Stanley, 60, was asked if he has read some of the other rock and roll autobiographies out there and whether he has plans to write a book of his own.

"This will come back to haunt me, because, of course, mine is in the works," Stanley said (hear audio below).

"Autobiographies, for the most part, to me, are like writing a love letter to yourself," he continued. "I mean, George Orwell said that the autobiography is the most outrageous form of fiction. How objective can you be when you are writing about yourself.

"I've seen people around me write books and somehow they're always in the center of everything that happened, they were the one who made it happen. There's been a lot of those books that didn't really interest me much. I thought Duff's [McKagan] book was great. I think a book that just says, 'Gee, aren't I the greatest thing?' And 'I was smarter than everyone else.'…"

Asked how his book will be different from the other rock and roll autobiographies and whether his book will be "a history lesson in music," Stanley said, "Well, everybody will tell you the same thing: 'Well, my book is brutally honest.' It's a history lesson in music, but it's also a history lesson in somebody taking themselves and making themselves into something they weren't — taking a not-so-great deck of cards and winning at poker. So it's good. I think it's terrific. Especially, it's funny, at this point, with the three other guys from the original lineup having written books. It’s kind of like, 'OK, have you all said your piece? OK? Now let me tell you what happened.'"
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 10:40 am

When I was younger, like middle school aged, I would've killed for all of these rock n' roll autobiographies and biographies...now, it's hard for me to get that interested in them.

I'd definitely read an autobiography, or even just a book of personal essays and thoughts, by Rock Erikson though.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 10:50 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
When I was younger, like middle school aged, I would've killed for all of these rock n' roll autobiographies and biographies...now, it's hard for me to get that interested in them.

I'd definitely read an autobiography, or even just a book of personal essays and thoughts, by Rock Erikson though.

I've certainly read my share of 'em as well, but I've started losing interest in them too. Especially if it's someone I'm already a fan of. The books reveal nothing a obsessive fan doesn't already know. don\'t know

Seems like after Motley Crue's 'The Dirt' hit big, everyone and their brother was putting out books about the "true story, warts and all". And sure, I bought into it for awhile, but it's all starting to mush together these days.

Unless Paul finally decides to come out of the closest, nothing in his book is of interest to me.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 10:52 am

I've read Gene's and Ace's books, and I'm hoping Santa will bring me Peter Criss' as well. Then of course I'll read Paul's when it comes out.

Yes, I know I'm a fanboy. Don't bother pointing it out.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 11:38 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I've read Gene's and Ace's books, and I'm hoping Santa will bring me Peter Criss' as well. Then of course I'll read Paul's when it comes out.

Yes, I know I'm a fanboy. Don't bother pointing it out.

LOL!!! I have read the other three and I will be reading this one too
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 8:58 am

I guess it will line his pockets but I dont bother with the books - the music is what I like.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 11:34 am

I've only read Gene's and found it rather entertaining. I'd like to read the other KISS members' at some point. I'm sure they're pretty good as well.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 2:34 pm

If Paul would of written a book about years ago, maybe ?

He's been way too bashing as of late regarding those other two guys. Seems to have forgotten that it was the same 4 guys who caused the problems for KISS as made the magic.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 10:23 am

The offical Kiss thread - Page 15 21nlhxi

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 11:04 am

Ack!!

I love how even in an animated gif, Peter gets dissed! Laughing very hard

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 8:01 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Ack!!

I love how even in an animated gif, Peter gets dissed! Laughing very hard

its required when you mention Peter!

MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 7:05 pm

KISS are already working on a new album:

"We already have some ideas aside and we started writing in view of a next album. Just after the turn of 2013, returning to the studio. It is an exciting time for the group. With Eric and Tommy, KISS has a new beginning" - Gene

http://kissarmyspain.com/2012/12/kiss-volvera-al-estudio-despues-de-la-gira-de-2013/
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 8:16 pm

Haven't read through all the pages in this thread, but I'm a huge KISS fan since I was a kid. I'm not a big collector due to lack of room and money, but I have a few items I'm proud to own. I have a set of 1978 Mego dolls, Viewmaster reels, a vintage lunchbox with thermos, a set of the 1978 solo albums with posters and order forms, posters and booklets that came with some of their releases (i.e. Dynasty and Unmasked posters, cardboard Love Gun with "Bangs," Alive II & The Originals booklets), and--my pride and joy--a set of Majik Market cups with coupon.

Last edited by 80s Metal Lady on Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 8:28 pm

I got my free "Membership Kit" from the "KISS Monster Cyber Army" or whatever it's called (from the coupon that came in my "Monster" CD) today. Nothin' fancy, just a membership card, a wristband and a key chain. But hey... when's the last time KISS gave away anything for FREE? I had to jump on it! Very Happy

The offical Kiss thread - Page 15 577864_4472587166766_287245320_n

Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 8:35 pm

That's cool we can be members of the KISS Army again! I missed out back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Psychotron
Metal student
Metal student
Psychotron

Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 9:21 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I got my free "Membership Kit" from the "KISS Monster Cyber Army" or whatever it's called (from the coupon that came in my "Monster" CD) today. Nothin' fancy, just a membership card, a wristband and a key chain. But hey... when's the last time KISS gave away anything for FREE? I had to jump on it! Very Happy

Yea! I got that too. I sport the wristband and it makes me feel powerful. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://nicksmetal.blogspot.com
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 9:25 pm

I was Major Malfunction in the KISS Army

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 1:11 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I need to send mine in to get the "free" stuff.... especially since "free" stuff hasn't been included since the poster in Unmasked (I think...)
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 12:53 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
I need to send mine in to get the "free" stuff.... especially since "free" stuff hasn't been included since the poster in Unmasked (I think...)

Yep... I got my free stuff.

Btw, I love that Unmasked poster. Until recently, I had it hanging up in my office at home. It has since been replaced with a poster of the photo I had taken with band at a Meet & Greet in July.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The offical Kiss thread
Page 15 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next