Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD

Go down 
+9
James B.
TheGooch
Fat Freddy
Metal Misfit
Chairman_Smith
Wargod
thejokeriv
DeathCult
A Handful of Wayne
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD Empty
PostSubject: KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD   KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 7:22 pm

Well I pre ordered this a while ago since I dont see any sign of this being released here. I really dont like when bands go and redo their songs or albums but sometimes you find some good ones like Edguy. Ok well thats the only band I can think of right now but anyway heres some news.

The artwork for KISS's forthcoming "best-of" collection, "Kiss Best - Kissology", can be viewed below.

Due in Japan on August 27, 2008 via DefSTAR Records, a subsidiary of Sony Music Japan, "Kiss Best - Kissology" will feature the following track listing:

01. Deuce
02. Detroit Rock City
03. I Was Made For Lovin' You
04. Love Gun
05. Rock 'n Roll All Nite
06. I Love It Loud
07. Black Diamond
08. Lick It Up
09. Christine Sixteen
10. Do You Love Me
11. Heaven's On Fire
12. Calling Dr. Love
13. Shout It Out Loud
14. Forever
15. Hotter Than Hell

The limited-edition version of the CD — which will feature the re-recorded versions of the band's classics completed with the group's current lineup (including guitarist Tommy Thayer and drummer Eric Singer) — will also contain a bonus DVD featuring footage of KISS' April 2, 1977 concert at Budokan (taken from "Kissology Vol. 1") plus a bonus sticker. The DVDs are region-2 encoded (Japan, Europe, and Middle East), and carry no subtitles.

To pre-order this collection, visit CDJapan.co.jp.

KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD 2715266114_d8f5c31087

Sucks I wont be able to watch the DVD lol. Maybe it will work on my computer???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD   KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 7:25 pm

Great, another KISS compilation.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD   KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 7:27 pm

Worthless. A new album wouldve been at least interesting, enough with the remakes
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD   KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 7:33 pm

I'd like to hear the new recordings, but still, it just seems not right to re-record the classics. I'm sure it has to do with money so they don't have to pay Ace and Peter when the songs are used in the media.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD   KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 7:41 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
I'd like to hear the new recordings, but still, it just seems not right to re-record the classics. I'm sure it has to do with money so they don't have to pay Ace and Peter when the songs are used in the media.

lol thats actually why supposedly
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD   KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 8:03 pm

Not a Kiss fan so I won't be getting it!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD   KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 8:17 pm

I want it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD   KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 8:22 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Worthless. A new album wouldve been at least interesting, enough with the remakes
Kiss fans don't want a new album, jackass. Paul Stanley knows this.

Love it!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD   KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 8:41 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

lol thats actually why supposedly

Sounds about right! I though it was eyesore posting for a minute when I saw your new avatar!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD   KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 8:44 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Love it!

I don't understand you. That was terrible. Dang you for posting that!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD   KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 9:38 pm

That's the Phunk Junkees. The album version sounds a lot better than that crappy rip. They're a really cool band.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD   KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 10:17 pm

Loud wanna hear it loud
turn it up tu turn it up
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD   KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 10:21 pm

I think KISS should do a box set of all their compilations.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD   KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 10:42 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

Sucks I wont be able to watch the DVD lol. Maybe it will work on my computer???

That does suck. Since when is Japan on a different video system than the U.S.? I always thought Japanese DVDs/videos played fine on U.S. players, and vice versa. I had quite a few Japanese VHS tapes back in the day that worked fine in my old VCR. Or did they make a change during the DVD revolution? I thought Europe was PAL and Japan/North America was NTSC (or is it the other way round?)

Either way, cool CD cover but I got enuff KISS Krap in my Kollection already, don't really need this...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD   KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 11:51 pm

Yea I dunno about the japanese and american dvd systems. I guess i'll find out when I get it, but its probably like a video game you cant play japanese games unless you either have a japanese system or a converter.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD   KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 8:02 pm

i want this
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD   KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 8:25 pm

TheGooch wrote:
i want this

......You can run, you can hide
But you never get away......
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD   KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 8:58 pm

I heard Ace, Peter, Vinnie and Bruce are gonna get together and re-record black n blue songs and a few choice songs by all the bands Eric Singer was in before joining KISS.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD   KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 9:18 pm

I'm a huge KISS fan but all these compilations are completely worthless to long time fans like myself (I suppose newer fans may find some use to these,but...).

Oh ,and that Phunk Junkees tune is on the Tommy Boy soundtrack (of all places) as well.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD   KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 5:18 pm

here is a preview of all the songs off the album. They actually sound good. Some of them seem to be a little slow but otherwise I cant wait til I get this in the mail! It was shipped out a day or two ago.

http://www.neowing.co.jp/track_for_cdj.html?KEY=DFCP-58
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD   KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 5:26 pm

I am huge Kiss fan but enough of the compilations!!! I am sure the songs are going to sound good, as they should since they only been playing them for last 25 plus years !!! I disagree with Eyesore Kiss fans do want a new album, what we don't want is any more Gene Simmons reality shows. There last studio album may have not set the world on fire, but it did manage to go gold, and if that is a commerical failure, than I will take that kind of failure anytime.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28414

PostSubject: Re: KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD   KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 1:33 pm

Another day, another KISS compilation.

Another time a horde of fanboys will flock to the record stores in droves to buy it, leading to another paycheck in Gene Simmons' pocket.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD   KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 1:36 pm

I think its only being released in japan
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD   KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 6:43 pm

I listened to the clips posted above and to my surprise, enjoyed the way the songs sounded. The guitar tone wasn't jacked with too much and the drumming on alot of the tunes were much improved. A lil more dynamic, yet didn't change the groove a particular tune had.
Will I buy it ? depends on how cheap I come across a used copy for...
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD   KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 12:50 am

So it's not just a comp but brand new rerecordings ala what Journey did on Revelation?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD   KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KISS: 'Kiss Best – Kissology' CD
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next