Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The offical Kiss thread

Go down 
+30
Vexer6
Eyesore
Metal Misfit
akeldama
James B.
Cliffy
jstate
iamrockerfun
Red Kitty
metalinmyveins
DallasBlack
kmorg
Mglaffas81
ZombieHavoc
manny
Nosaj2493
Shawn Of Fire
MEGATRON
tohostudios
nevermore
Psychotron
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
exact33
Fat Freddy
JBall_Z
Witchfinder
Smindas
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

The offical Kiss thread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 10:44 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Hopefully WalMart will stock some remastered catalog around this new release...that way I can kill 2 birds w/ one stone.

I usually see any assortment of the first six albums whenever I'm at WM, usually from $5 to $7. I've never seen anything beyond those though (save for SB, obviously).

Though, if this matters to you, I believe the Best Buy version of Monster is to have the same extra track that iTunes will, so. I plan to go that route, personally.

That's a good idea.

Yeah, I usually see the same ones you do in the $5 bin...but I already have those...LOL! I need Dynasty, Unmasked, Alive, Alive 2, Asylum, Animalize & Crazy Nights...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 10:53 am

Quote :
Though, if this matters to you, I believe the Best Buy version of Monster is to have the same extra track that iTunes will, so. I plan to go that route, personally.

Yes, accordng to their website, the Best Buy edition will have a bonus 13th track, 'Right Here Right Now' and a funky 3D cover.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

Number of posts : 415

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 6:11 pm

I'm assuming it will have the same too loud mastering, though, right?

I really love this album, but the mastering is just way too loud. It's a shame that some bands are still doing this.

Hopefully I can get my hands on a good vinyl rip some day.

later...Cliffy

Psychotron
Metal student
Metal student
Psychotron

Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 9:28 pm

And...now here is something interesting.

Universal Music will be releasing KISS: The Casablanca Singles Collection.

It will be released on vinyl and CD with the solo singles featuring a mask of each member. The set comes in a black case with the KISS logo on it.

Price: $179.99
Back to top Go down
http://nicksmetal.blogspot.com
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 10:02 pm

I pulled out "Asylum" for the cruise to the shop this morning. Eric has some tasty playing on this and Bruce makes a heck of a statement in the solo dept. Being he came after Vinni and Mark, he hit it out of the park. (IMHDO) Sure the singles, "Tears" and "Lonely" are poppy, but this does have some metal flavorings all over it. Been awhile since I listened to it, glad I picked it out.

Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 3:15 am

James B. wrote:
I pulled out "Asylum" for the cruise to the shop this morning. Eric has some tasty playing on this and Bruce makes a heck of a statement in the solo dept. Being he came after Vinni and Mark, he hit it out of the park. (IMHDO) Sure the singles, "Tears" and "Lonely" are poppy, but this does have some metal flavorings all over it. Been awhile since I listened to it, glad I picked it out.

I've always loved Asylum. The first time I saw KISS in concert was on the Asylum tour.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 8:28 am

I like Asylum a lot too.

And I had to restrain myself from simply buying Monster from iTunes today. I wanted to listen to it on the way to work so badly. But I will be going to Best Buy on my lunchbreak, so I just have to wait a little longer.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 9:31 am

Yeah I think Asylum is a pretty solid album also.

I'll be picking up Monster on my lunchbreak today. Can't Wait !
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 10:23 am

007 wrote:
Yeah I think Asylum is a pretty solid album also.

I'll be picking up Monster on my lunchbreak today. Can't Wait !

I like Asylum a lot. "King of the Mountain" is one of my favorite Kiss songs from the 80's.

I'm gonna pick up the CD today as well.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 10:28 am

I've always liked ASYLUM, never understood why it doesn't get much love. I certainly think it's better than the album before it (Animalize) and the one after it (Crazy Nights), even though I don't think it sold quite as well as either of those two.

I am hoping to get out to a Best Buy to pick the new CD up sometime this week. I want that special edition w/the extra track.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 10:50 am

Also always liked Asylum - I would rate it the same as Animalize though. Can't remember the last time I pulled out Crazy Nights or HITS (which they should have found a better acronym to describe the album like FILLER)
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 10:53 am

Asylum is my favorite KISS album...then Unmasked...

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 11:01 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I am hoping to get out to a Best Buy to pick the new CD up sometime this week. I want that special edition w/the extra track.

Dudes! I just got back from Best Buy, and their version of the CD does NOT have the extra track. Just a 3D cover.

I bought it, and had time to listen to 9 of the 12 songs, and at first listen, I already love it.

But I wish it actually had that 13th track. Just a heads up.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 11:04 am

Never heard Asylum, just the single 'Tears Are Falling', which I thought was fruiter than a pride parade in San Francisco.

Quote :
Dudes! I just got back from Best Buy, and their version of the CD does NOT have the extra track. Just a 3D cover.

Hmmm, the website stated otherwise. Either it's a mistake or a website-only thing maybe?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 11:09 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Never heard Asylum, just the single 'Tears Are Falling', which I thought was fruiter than a pride parade in San Francisco.

Quote :

Hmmm, the website stated otherwise. Either it's a mistake or a website-only thing maybe?

The website-only thing is quite possible. If that is the case...I'm bummed I went ahead and picked it up. But I'm sure down the road I will get a BB gift card as a gift, and can just buy it then. That's what I did with Alice Cooper's latest (I hastily pre-ordered it from Amazon as soon as it was available...the only version that did not have a single extra track).
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 11:26 am

Maybe it's a hidden track...not listed.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 11:38 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Maybe it's a hidden track...not listed.

I just listened to the disc all the way through. No such luck.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 12:26 pm

The Best Buy CD does come with a promo code for a free Monster Army kit, which is just a bracelet, key chain and membership card
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 12:30 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Quote :

The website-only thing is quite possible. If that is the case...I'm bummed I went ahead and picked it up. But I'm sure down the road I will get a BB gift card as a gift, and can just buy it then. That's what I did with Alice Cooper's latest (I hastily pre-ordered it from Amazon as soon as it was available...the only version that did not have a single extra track).

I ordered it from Bestbuy.com - the website said it was the version with the extra song. I will know when it arrives!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 12:43 pm

I just got back from Best Buy and checked every copy to see if there was the extra track. None had it, so I didn't buy it. Looks like I'll just order it online and hope it's on there.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 3:48 pm

speaking of Asylum, i'm listening this album every week over 2 months, dunno what happend but i like it. more than Animalize.
still have no taste for Monster, i have to change the way of listening, i have to copy to my cellphone and get a headphones, maybe than i will hear some differences. got to listen it very carefully and may be than i will change my opinion ...probably a little.
yes, Gene got much better songs than Paul, Paul is somewhere list in the back, Paul had to relesase another solo album after 6 yrs.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 4:43 pm

No extra track on the 3D version thingy at Best Buy huh? Pfffft. In that case, whenever I get to the store I'll go with whichever one is cheaper.

...Gene Simmons has enough of my damn money already anyway.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Psychotron
Metal student
Metal student
Psychotron

Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 5:43 pm

I ordered it from Best Buy...and NO extra track. I don't understand why.

Anyways, upon first listen, I think it's much better than Sonic Boom.

I usually take more of a liking to the Paul songs, but I found the Gene tracks struck me more than the Paul ones.

The only annoying song is "Outta This World" or Tommy trying to be the Spaceman. He is a decent enough singer, but he doesn't have character or the attitude in his voice like Ace does. Besides that, I took more of a liking to his solos than his ones from SB.
Back to top Go down
http://nicksmetal.blogspot.com
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 7:09 pm

I ordered it from Best Buy just now then noticed the reviews on their site saying there was no bonus track. So there is no bonus track edition (except for Itunes)? I noticed the SKU is different on the "bonus track" edition, but man am I going to be pissed if it only has twelve songs on it. Best Buy is really starting to earn my hate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 7:40 pm

There is no bonus track, only a live version of "King Of The Night-Time World" on the Japanese version.

The production/mastering is getting hammered on the audio board I post on, they are calling it Kiss' "Death Magnetic" as far as sound quality goes.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The offical Kiss thread
Page 8 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next