Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The offical Kiss thread

Go down 
+30
Vexer6
Eyesore
Metal Misfit
akeldama
James B.
Cliffy
jstate
iamrockerfun
Red Kitty
metalinmyveins
DallasBlack
kmorg
Mglaffas81
ZombieHavoc
manny
Nosaj2493
Shawn Of Fire
MEGATRON
tohostudios
nevermore
Psychotron
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
exact33
Fat Freddy
JBall_Z
Witchfinder
Smindas
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

The offical Kiss thread - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 3:04 pm

I'd go for that free stuff, BUT, that means having to buy the CD and I don't really want to purchase physical copies of albums anymore. Maybe a few more vintage albums if they are special, but, at my age, I've got too much stuff.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 9:00 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Hey, KISS fans - do you have enough stupid KISS junk yet? If not, check out what I just saw at the local Walgreens:

The offical Kiss thread - Page 16 KISSPez

A set of 4 KISS Pez Dispensers in a way-cool tin collector's box. No, I didn't buy one (though I was sorely tempted!)... so hey, anybody who hooks me up with one of these for Christmas will automatically vault to the top of the Cool Mo-Fo List. (Just puttin' it out there...) Very Happy

The kids in my Cub Scout den got me the KISS Pez set for Christmas and gave it to me at our Pack's holiday party the Friday before Xmas. So they're officially at the top of the Cool-Mo-Fo List, as promised. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 2:36 pm

That's cool Freddy!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 4:34 pm

Wow! Looks like Kiss' Monster didn't fare very well with record buyers... (from KissFAQ.com)

Following is a brief report on the album's sales and chart performances in the United States, with added information for both historical and current-day context.

Sales: To date, "Monster" has sold 132,000 copies in the United States since its release on Oct. 9, 2012. This total is less than half of the sales of KISS' prior album, 2009's "Sonic Boom," which currently stands at approximately 300,000 copies.

Chart Performance:
"Monster" spent seven weeks on the Billboard 200 chart. The album peaked at No. 3, becoming the ninth KISS album to reach the Top 10.

Week #1: No. 3
Week #2: No. 14
Week #3: No. 41
Week #4: No. 60
Week #5: No. 80
Week #6: No. 135
Week #7: No. 131

In terms of KISS studio albums, only "Carnival Of Souls" had a shorter stay on the Billboard 200 than "Monster." In 1997 "Carnival Of Souls" charted for just four weeks. The two other KISS studio albums that have yet to attain gold status, 1981's "Music From The Elder" and 2009's "Sonic Boom," lasted 11 weeks and 12 weeks on the chart, respectively.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 4:37 pm

I'm not sure how. I bought three copies myself, vinyl, special book edition and the Best Buy CD version.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 4:49 pm

I find it strange that Sonic Boom, which was only available at one retailer (Wal-Mart) on the band's own label, outperformed Monster, which had major label backing and was available everywhere.

They were better off doing it themselves!!!

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 7:06 pm

Sales be damned ! It's a great album !
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 8:36 pm

007 wrote:
Sales be damned ! It's a great album !

Yeah, some of my favorite albums are ones whose sales weren't very high.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 11:10 am

The newest piece of collectible KISS junk: KISS-branded model rockets.

The offical Kiss thread - Page 16 MPCRKT001-KISS-Destroyer-rocketbox-434x1024

http://blog.rocketreviews.com/?p=537

Cool. Now I can combine my KISS geekiness with my 10 year old's Cub-Scout-fueled interest in model rocketry.

It would be bad-ass if it had a sound chip in it that played "Rocket Ride" upon ignition. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 12:58 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
The newest piece of collectible KISS junk: KISS-branded model rockets.

The offical Kiss thread - Page 16 MPCRKT001-KISS-Destroyer-rocketbox-434x1024

KISS releasing a phallic symbol geared towards kids? Say it ain't so, Joe!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 1:43 pm

I'll pass on that one.

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 1:51 pm

I'm happy to say KISS hasn't gotten any of my money since 1984. Razz
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 3:27 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

KISS releasing a phallic symbol geared towards kids? Say it ain't so, Joe!

When you put it like that, it suddenly sounds so...so dirty. sick

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 10:31 pm

"Put your hand in my pocket....grab onto my rocket"

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 9:52 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Anyway, Monster is growin' on me. It didn't blow me away on the first listen like Sonic Boom did, but then it didn't have the "first new album in ten years" build-up going for it like Boom did.

I'm starting to come around on Monster as well. Initial listens weren't all that impressive. A couple more spins and a drive in the car had my foot tapping along. Some albums just sound better blasting through a car stereo, movin' fast down '95, hitting top speed, but still movin much too slow, ya know?

I think I still like Sonic Boom a hair more, but Monster is pretty darn good too.

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 12:16 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Some albums just sound better blasting through a car stereo, movin' fast down '95, hitting top speed, but still movin much too slow, ya know?

That's because the mastering is so horrid that all the car noise makes it less noticeable. Razz
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 12:25 pm

Oh, poop on you and your production nit-picking!!! The offical Kiss thread - Page 16 19976

I've actually listened to both the cd version and the Cliffy re-do and I can't say I hear much difference (no offense to your work, Cliffy). I understand the whole "brick-walling" issue these days, but I'm not too bothered by it as a listener.

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 12:33 pm

I fairness to Cliffy, he was trying to polish a turd. Not much you can do to improve a squashed mastering like that, he would need access to a pre-limited copy.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 12:40 pm

Yea, I would never disparrage Cliffy's work. He's a pro at what he does. I just fail to hear the big difference most of the time. Usually when it comes to that kind of stuff (Cliffy or otherwise), the only thing I tend to notice is that it's louder. don\'t know

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 12:48 pm

There is a limited amount of things you can do remastering from the CD source, to make a really noticeable difference you need access to the original stereo master tapes (which only record company folk have access to).

If you can't hear the difference, be glad, because for those of us with trained ears it makes it really hard to listen to most CDs released since 1997 or so without cringing.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 1:02 pm

Quote :
Yea, I would never disparrage Cliffy's work. He's a pro at what he does. I just fail to hear the big difference most of the time. Usually when it comes to that kind of stuff (Cliffy or otherwise), the only thing I tend to notice is that it's louder.

Same here, but that is probably due to the fact that I rarely listen to tunes anywhere else besides the crappy little boom box on my desk @ work and on the stereo in my truck, neither of which are high-end systems by any means.

...on the other hand, I give Cliffy mad props for including the iTunes-only "bonus track" ("Right Here Right Now") in his version. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 1:07 pm

Cliffy rocks (nuff said)

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 12:41 am

Anyone suprised at the lengths Kiss would go to for promotion never saw this:

The offical Kiss thread - Page 16 KissDemon

Origionally, this was only suposed to be the first of 4 Kiss wreslters. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 10:42 am

I love your current avatar, Fat Freddy!!

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 8:28 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

...on the other hand, I give Cliffy mad props for including the iTunes-only "bonus track" ("Right Here Right Now") in his version. Very Happy

too bad Kiss didnt do the same.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The offical Kiss thread
Page 16 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next