Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Offical Black Sabbath Thread

Go down 
+10
candlemass
Lurideath
spiritoradio
SAHB Healer
iamrockerfun
TrogDawn
Required Fields
ultmetal
krokus
Chairman_Smith
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Offical Black Sabbath Thread Empty
PostSubject: Offical Black Sabbath Thread   Offical Black Sabbath Thread Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 2:20 pm

I haden't listened to Paranoid in a long time, so I threw this album on and haven't realized in a long time how great this album is!

I haven't listened to the Ozzy era inawhile, mostly Dio latley with the H&H Reunion and all. Too bad the Ozzman and the Boys just can't seem to pinch out another album!
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Offical Black Sabbath Thread   Offical Black Sabbath Thread Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 2:22 pm

Just today i played the double live album SPEAK OF THE DEVIL with all those glory BLACK SABBATH songs.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Offical Black Sabbath Thread   Offical Black Sabbath Thread Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 2:23 pm

krokus wrote:
Just today i played the double live album SPEAK OF THE DEVIL with all those glory BLACK SABBATH songs.

Thats a great one, my introduction to Black Sabbath really without it actually being Sabbath lol!
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Offical Black Sabbath Thread   Offical Black Sabbath Thread Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 2:26 pm

Ha! I've been listening to too many live albums, I expected to hear Heaven and Hell's riff after Paranoid ented What a Face
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Offical Black Sabbath Thread   Offical Black Sabbath Thread Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 2:43 pm

Was just listening to "Master of Reality" today.

As much as I love the Ozzy stuff, my favorite Black Sabbath albums are Heaven & Hell, Mob Rules and Born Again.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Offical Black Sabbath Thread   Offical Black Sabbath Thread Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 2:47 pm

ultmetal wrote:

As much as I love the Ozzy stuff, my favorite Black Sabbath albums are Heaven & Hell, Mob Rules and Born Again.

Definate agree there.

Heaven and Hell is my favourite album... ever!

Can't deny that some of Iommi's best solos are on these early albums tho 🤘 (even tho my favourite Iommi solo is on Neon Knights)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Offical Black Sabbath Thread   Offical Black Sabbath Thread Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 2:51 pm

I haven't listened to a Sabbath album in like 10 years. All my albums are on tape and I never upgraded. It's on my To Do list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Offical Black Sabbath Thread   Offical Black Sabbath Thread Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 2:53 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I haven't listened to a Sabbath album in like 10 years. All my albums are on tape and I never upgraded. It's on my To Do list.

No need to bother. Ozzy sounds just as bad on CD. Smile
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Offical Black Sabbath Thread   Offical Black Sabbath Thread Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 2:56 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Don't bash, Ozzy was great during the Sabbath years!
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Offical Black Sabbath Thread   Offical Black Sabbath Thread Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 2:57 pm

Eyesore wrote:

The Black Box is worth every penny.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Offical Black Sabbath Thread   Offical Black Sabbath Thread Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 2:59 pm

I still remember the feeling I got when I first got Heaven and Hell in the mail and put it in. Love at first listen it was!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Offical Black Sabbath Thread   Offical Black Sabbath Thread Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 3:00 pm

Sabbath + RJD = Genius.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Offical Black Sabbath Thread   Offical Black Sabbath Thread Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 3:01 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Sabbath + RJD = Genius.

That i'll agree with. Dio is my favourite artist ever, period
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

PostSubject: Re: Offical Black Sabbath Thread   Offical Black Sabbath Thread Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 3:13 pm

If you don't like Black Sabbath, you are not my friend.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Offical Black Sabbath Thread   Offical Black Sabbath Thread Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 3:38 pm

Required Fields wrote:
If you don't like Black Sabbath, you are not my friend.

Black Sabbath is my favourite band... does that make me like your best friend? scratch
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Offical Black Sabbath Thread   Offical Black Sabbath Thread Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 4:03 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Sabbath + RJD = Genius.
I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Dio and Sabbath made some great METAL, but Ozzy and Sabbath made MAGIC... Offical Black Sabbath Thread 309780
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following

PostSubject: Re: Offical Black Sabbath Thread   Offical Black Sabbath Thread Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 4:07 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
Sabbath + RJD = Genius.
I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Dio and Sabbath made some great METAL, but Ozzy and Sabbath made MAGIC... Offical Black Sabbath Thread 309780

*biting tounge* OK.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Offical Black Sabbath Thread   Offical Black Sabbath Thread Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 5:00 pm

Reunion CD '97 totally rulezz
heard it maybe 100x and learned all lyrics
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Offical Black Sabbath Thread   Offical Black Sabbath Thread Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 7:06 pm

My favorites from all eras...

1. Sabotage (favorite album period by anybody)
2. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
3. Volume 4
4. Heaven & Hell
5. Eternal Idol

I don't thinks it's possible for Tony Iommi to make a bad album.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Offical Black Sabbath Thread   Offical Black Sabbath Thread Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 7:38 pm

ultmetal wrote:

This was my first and probably favorite Sabbath album. Awesome stuff.

Why is everyone on an Ozzy sucks kick. I know Ozzy isn't a fantastic vocalist and he jumps around on stage like a crazy, but he's an innovator that co-created an entire genre of music. Yes he is not as good of a singer as RJD, but there aren't many people who are. I just feel that all of a sudden Ozzy is getting a bad rep on this board lately.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580

PostSubject: Re: Offical Black Sabbath Thread   Offical Black Sabbath Thread Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 8:10 pm

I like all era Black Sabbath. I understand people being down on Ozzy now, but what is with all the hate for the classic work he did with Sabbath? His vocals worked great with what was going on with the music. To me they made the songs really haunting and unique.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Offical Black Sabbath Thread   Offical Black Sabbath Thread Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 9:40 pm

Sabbath is my all time favorite band as well. They made only 2 albums I cannot stand, but the rest are all genius!

As far as Ozzy and Sabbath making another album, they have already stated they are going to do so AFTER the Heaven and Hell tour.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Offical Black Sabbath Thread   Offical Black Sabbath Thread Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 11:27 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Dio is the undisputable far superior singer, as much as I have argued w/Trozzy, I prefer the Ozzy era Sabbath, it did have the "Magick", Ozzy was the perfect "mad prophet in the wilderness" screaming out the apocalypse ! 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Offical Black Sabbath Thread   Offical Black Sabbath Thread Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 12:48 am

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath is one of my all time favorite albums! Heaven & Hell was one of the first metal albums i ever owned.

caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Offical Black Sabbath Thread   Offical Black Sabbath Thread Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 8:41 am

i tryed to narrow it down to 3 but i narrowed it down to 5

paranoid
master reality
sabbath bloody sabbath
sabotage
heaven and hell
mob rules
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Offical Black Sabbath Thread   Offical Black Sabbath Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Offical Black Sabbath Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next