Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The offical Kiss thread

Go down 
+30
Vexer6
Eyesore
Metal Misfit
akeldama
James B.
Cliffy
jstate
iamrockerfun
Red Kitty
metalinmyveins
DallasBlack
kmorg
Mglaffas81
ZombieHavoc
manny
Nosaj2493
Shawn Of Fire
MEGATRON
tohostudios
nevermore
Psychotron
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
exact33
Fat Freddy
JBall_Z
Witchfinder
Smindas
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

The offical Kiss thread - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 3:23 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Sadly, there are no "Space Ace" or "Cat-Man" boot stockings to complete the set.

Which is kinda dumb,if you ask me. Those are pretty cool. A whole set would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 3:37 pm

007 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Sadly, there are no "Space Ace" or "Cat-Man" boot stockings to complete the set.

Which is kinda dumb,if you ask me. Those are pretty cool. A whole set would be awesome.

Agreed.

If you look closely, the stockings each have Gene & Paul's signatures stamped on their respective boot. I guess they couldn't get Ace & Peter to sign off on them (literally) without giving them a little piece of the pie. And you know that ain't gonna happen. Either that or noone want's a Tommy Thayer autographed space boot. Razz

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 3:41 pm

Quote :
If you look closely, the stockings each have Gene & Paul's signatures stamped on their respective boot. I guess they couldn't get Ace & Peter to sign off on them (literally) without giving them a little piece of the pie. And you know that ain't gonna happen.

Last year or the year before (I forget now) I picked up a set of KISS Christmas tree ornaments from Walgreens', but there were only Gene and Paul available, no "Catman" or "Spaceman." Probably for the same reasons, either "We don't wanna pay Ace or Peter" or "Nobody wants a Tommy Thayer tree ornament, except possibly Tommy Thayer's mom."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 4:19 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
If you look closely, the stockings each have Gene & Paul's signatures stamped on their respective boot. I guess they couldn't get Ace & Peter to sign off on them (literally) without giving them a little piece of the pie. And you know that ain't gonna happen.

Last year or the year before (I forget now) I picked up a set of KISS Christmas tree ornaments from Walgreens', but there were only Gene and Paul available, no "Catman" or "Spaceman." Probably for the same reasons, either "We don't wanna pay Ace or Peter" or "Nobody wants a Tommy Thayer tree ornament, except possibly Tommy Thayer's mom."

They have new ornaments this year and again it's only Gene and Paul. My son works at Walgreens. They got in a big box of them. There were tons of Gene Simmons ornaments and ONE Paul ornament in the box.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 4:30 pm

ultmetal wrote:

They have new ornaments this year and again it's only Gene and Paul. My son works at Walgreens. They got in a big box of them. There were tons of Gene Simmons ornaments and ONE Paul ornament in the box.

Cool, I'll have to keep an eye out for those. I haven't seen much holiday stuff out on the floor in my Walgreens' yet, they're still trying to unload the Halloween junk.

They did have a pretty cool set of KISS Pez Dispensers way up on a top shelf a week or so ago (I think I posted a pic of it earlier in this thread) though.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 4:31 pm

007 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Yea it is , its not like they have to pay those two guys
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 6:13 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Cool, I'll have to keep an eye out for those. I haven't seen much holiday stuff out on the floor in my Walgreens' yet, they're still trying to unload the Halloween junk.

They did have a pretty cool set of KISS Pez Dispensers way up on a top shelf a week or so ago (I think I posted a pic of it earlier in this thread) though.

They are already out in all the Walgreens here. I grabbed one of each. I missed last years. I have the ones from 2010.

Yes, got the PEZ dispenser as well, with my son's employee discount. Always wondered why they didn't have KISS Pez dispensers years ago. Just seems like a natural fit.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 8:09 pm

you all just feed the merchandising demon!!!

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 3:50 am

Just so everyone knows, I want Kiss pez dispensers for Christmas!!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 10:15 am

kmorg wrote:

Me too! When I saw them at the store last week I told my kids, "Daddy would really like to find this under the Christmas tree...hint, hint" Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 1:57 pm

Not that anyone cares, but "Tears Are Falling" is my absolute favorite KISS song...playing now and I look like a fool in my cubicle playing air guitar and lip-syncing...

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 2:08 pm

I heard "Monster" at a friend's house last night, it's okay. The track "Wall Of Sound" stood out to me more than any other.

One of the songs rips off the riff from MC5's Kick Out The Jams, I kept hearing "soundalike" riffs all over the album.

Gene's songs seem to come off better, most of the Paul Stanley tracks just kinda laid there...
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 2:54 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Not that anyone cares, but "Tears Are Falling" is my absolute favorite KISS song...playing now and I look like a fool in my cubicle playing air guitar and lip-syncing...

Bet you looked like your avatar.

S.D. wrote:
I heard "Monster" at a friend's house last night, it's okay. The track "Wall Of Sound" stood out to me more than any other.

One of the songs rips off the riff from MC5's Kick Out The Jams, I kept hearing "soundalike" riffs all over the album.

Gene's songs seem to come off better, most of the Paul Stanley tracks just kinda laid there...

My thoughts, exactly!

Metal student
Metal student
Psychotron

Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 5:36 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

The cheesy music video is even better! However, the best song from that album is "King of the Mountain."

Also, "Monster" is still clicking with me and I think it's really good, much better than "Sonic Boom."
Back to top Go down
http://nicksmetal.blogspot.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 6:24 pm

Love "Tears Are Falling"! In fact, "Asylum" is one of my all time favorite Kiss albums. "King of the Mountain" rules!

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 7:38 pm

kmorg wrote:

I like Kiss, but not enough for the merchandise. I'd maybe get a t-shirt, but that's it. Now if they had some Eddie ornaments, pez despesers, etc. that'd be a different story headbanger .
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 7:56 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

it is a very good song.

exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 7:58 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
kmorg wrote:

I like Kiss, but not enough for the merchandise. I'd maybe get a t-shirt, but that's it. Now if they had some Eddie ornaments, pez despesers, etc. that'd be a different story headbanger .

i dont go for much merchandising anymore. It used to be a nice add-on but after seeing the stuff i had, it just seems to be taking up space.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 8:10 pm

The majority of my merchandise is in t-shirts. I can't get enough band shirts (of course I can't buy any at this time so I must do with what I have). Apart from t-shirts, I have a few pendents, patches, and a Number Of The Beast cup (I had two others but I gave one to my friend and his mother-who he told me was a huge Maiden fan).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 2:21 am

I don't buy band merchandise aside from maybe a T-shirt or two, to me it just seems like a waste of money.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 4:09 am

Crazy Nights is one of my favorite albums, love "My Way" "Bang Bang You" "Crazy Crazy Nights" and "Turn On The Night" "
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 9:42 am

exact33 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
kmorg wrote:

i dont go for much merchandising anymore. It used to be a nice add-on but after seeing the stuff i had, it just seems to be taking up space.

My thoughts exactly. Every now & then I might see something that looks kinda cool and then the rational part of my brain kicks in and says "Do you really need this?"

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 9:44 am

I'm a big fan of Crazy Nights. I know it gets a lot of hate but I've always really dug it.

I'm just the opposite with the t-shirts/merchandise. I'm more likely today to buy the merchandise than a shirt. I figure I have enough shirts that just hang in the closet yet the merchandise I'll always find a place for. Of course I still can't resist a good thrift store t-shirt find.

If Gene isn't hawking something or coming up with new ways to separate fans from their money then I'm less of a fan. I just find him more interesting this way.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 6:19 pm

jstate wrote:

If Gene isn't hawking something or coming up with new ways to separate fans from their money then I'm less of a fan. I just find him more interesting this way.

I do enjoy seeing the stuff Gene manages to think up. Got to give him props for his merchandising skills.

jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 12:41 pm

Quote :
Got to give him props for his merchandising skills.

I know more than a few people who own/wear Kiss shirts and have no Kiss records. And probably couldn't name five Kiss songs. I admire the ability to achieve that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The offical Kiss thread
Page 14 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next