Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The offical Kiss thread

Go down 
+30
Vexer6
Eyesore
Metal Misfit
akeldama
James B.
Cliffy
jstate
iamrockerfun
Red Kitty
metalinmyveins
DallasBlack
kmorg
Mglaffas81
ZombieHavoc
manny
Nosaj2493
Shawn Of Fire
MEGATRON
tohostudios
nevermore
Psychotron
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
exact33
Fat Freddy
JBall_Z
Witchfinder
Smindas
34 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

The offical Kiss thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 7:35 am

I can't deny, I'm a bit interested in the deluxe Destroyer, even if it is a blatant cash-grab.

KISS came down to London the other night and played a sold out 2000 capacity gig. It was pretty fantastic - loved every moment. However, I can't help but feel Paul's voice is really starting to go.

Still, amidst the '70s classics, they played 'Crazy Nights' and 'Lick It Up', so I can't complain!

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 11:36 am

Kiss released a series of lyric videos in various languages for Hell or Hallelujah:

I dig the track. I hope the rest of Monster is this good.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 1:06 pm

I like the song a lot too. I bet I've played it at least once a day since it was released.

There is an interesting discussion regarding the new single at the following link:

http://www.bravewords.com/news/186620

For me, the book, Gene's hype hasn't tainted the new KISS track experience at all. Like Mitch Lafon, I've learned over the years to take Gene's comments with a grain of salt. I listen to what Paul has to say. Gene may be the biggest fan of the band, but Paul is the heart and soul of KISS.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 7:53 pm

The offical Kiss thread Kissdestroyerres

Track Listing for the upcoming Destroyer: Resurrected cash-grab has been made public:

"Destroyer: Resurrected" track listing:

01. Detroit Rock City
02. King Of The Night Time World
03. God Of Thunder
04. Great Expectations
05. Flaming Youth
06. Sweet Pain
07. Shout It Out Loud
08. Beth
09. Do You Love Me?
10. Sweet Pain (original guitar solo) (bonus track)

...that's IT? ONE freaking bonus track, and it's just "Sweet Pain" with the "original" guitar solo? B.F.D. angry Pffft. Pass on this. I never really liked "Sweet Pain" that much in the first place...

I was hoping that maybe "Ain't None Of Your Business," a Peter Criss vocal track that was demo'd for Destroyer but didn't make the cut for the record, might finally see the light of day... but then I guess they'd have to pay Peter. Very Happy

Gotta admit that artwork would look cool on a t-shirt, though.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 8:36 pm

what a rip. One bonus track??

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 9:16 pm

It's a completely new mix of the album, right? I thought that was the entire point.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 9:22 pm

Meh. Couldn't care less. I'll respectfully pass and wait til October
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 11:23 pm

S.D. wrote:
It's a completely new mix of the album, right? I thought that was the entire point.

Yeah, remixed by Bob Ezrin himself.

Quote :
On August 21, Universal Music Enterprises (UMe) will release KISS's 1976 multi-platinum, landmark album "Destroyer: Resurrected", newly remixed from the original master tapes by the album's original producer, Bob Ezrin. Ezrin pulled the tapes from the vaults and painstakingly remixed the entire album, enhancing the sound and bringing out its rich texture and vibrancy, while keeping the integrity of the original recording intact.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 12:12 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Yeah, remixed by Bob Ezrin himself.

Quote :
On August 21, Universal Music Enterprises (UMe) will release KISS's 1976 multi-platinum, landmark album "Destroyer: Resurrected", newly remixed from the original master tapes by the album's original producer, Bob Ezrin. Ezrin pulled the tapes from the vaults and painstakingly remixed the entire album, enhancing the sound and bringing out its rich texture and vibrancy, while keeping the integrity of the original recording intact.

That's what I thought, I'm not sure why people expected something different, it appears it is exactly as it was advertised.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 6:14 am

S.D. wrote:

That's what I thought, I'm not sure why people expected something different, it appears it is exactly as it was advertised.

Cuz the hype for this thing kept mentioning additional "rare and unreleased recordings rediscovered during the mixing process"....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 7:30 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Cuz the hype for this thing kept mentioning additional "rare and unreleased recordings rediscovered during the mixing process"....

and because plural means more than one...

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 9:13 am

Where does Gene come up with this sh!t???

The offical Kiss thread Hellok10

Would you describe it as an unholy alliance or the cutest collaboration (cutest collaboration) ever made? Toilet paper featuring Sanrio's beloved Hello Kitty channeling the dark allure of KISS members may be surprising but come on, you know this odd pairing is going to be a collectable gold mine!

The famous feline sheds her adorable pink garb for black, and adds the trademark face makeup that channels KISS. Traditionalists will be comforted to see both parties agreed on keeping some pink in the bows and of course an interpretation of Gene Simmons' tongue.

This isn't some knockoff, back alley operation either. Animenewsnetwork.com reports Gene Simmons himself confirmed meeting with Sanrio execs to hammer out a deal.

The unusual toilet paper will be part of a collection of collaborative items that already includes the Hello Kitty plush dolls that recreate the famous faces on KISS' Dynasty album shown below. The swag will be sold at KISS concerts worldwide.

It sounds like genius to me.

If you are brave enough to use the toilet paper for the purpose it was intended I applaud you. Personally I wouldn't want the faces of either of these brands responsible for wiping my bum…that would be uber-creepy for me. I think I'd rather just behold the awesomeness of the pairing sitting around scaring my other collectibles.

http://dvice.com/archives/2012/07/hello-kitty-and.php

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 9:52 am

I don't want either one of those evil, soulless entities near my bunghole.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:17 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I don't want either one of those evil, soulless entities near my bunghole.

Gene $immon$ and KISS Present Hello Sh!tty Toilet Paper
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 12:26 pm

I'll be purchasing the Destroyer Resurrected LP when it's released. I think that's a worthwhile purchase.

The offical Kiss thread 51stuX8jlFL._SL500_AA300_
This is KISS s 1976 multi-platinum, landmark album Destroyer: Resurrected, newly remixed from the original master tapes by the album's original producer, Bob Ezrin. Ezrin pulled the tapes from the vaults and painstakingly remixed the entire album, enhancing the sound and bringing out its rich texture and vibrancy, while keeping the integrity of the original recording intact. Sweet Pain will include the original Ace Frehley guitar solo, which was replaced on the original release.

Destroyer: Resurrected will also include rare photos, a new essay by Ezrin and the originally intended cover artwork.

Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 1:12 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I'll be purchasing the Destroyer Resurrected LP when it's released. I think that's a worthwhile purchase.

Me too. I'm looking forward to hearing it.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 4:15 pm

ultmetal wrote:

This is KISS s 1976 multi-platinum, landmark album Destroyer: Resurrected, newly remixed from the original master tapes by the album's original producer, Bob Ezrin. Ezrin pulled the tapes from the vaults and painstakingly remixed the entire album, enhancing the sound and bringing out its rich texture and vibrancy, while keeping the integrity of the original recording intact. Sweet Pain will include the original Ace Frehley guitar solo, which was replaced on the original release.

Destroyer: Resurrected will also include rare photos, a new essay by Ezrin and the originally intended cover artwork.

It's interesting to note that if the band is restoring the original ACE solo to "Sweet Pain" then Gene's story about Ace never showing up to record a solo is proven to be the BS that Ace always said it was.

According to Gene Simmons, "Bob rearranged the song and Ace never showed up to play his parts so we brought in Dick Wagner to come in and play the solo." (p226, Kiss Behind the Mask)

According to Ace Frehley, "I had done a solo on "Sweet Pain" and it was okay. I said, 'Maybe I'll come in tomorrow and take another shot at it." Dick Wagner, the guy who plays lead guitar on the Alice Cooper records, was in town. He stopped by the studio and I'm not sure exactly what went down, whether Gene or Paul said, 'Why don't we let Dick Wagner take a show at doing the solo?' Dick's a very good guitar player. He just knocked out a great solo. They decided to keep it but they didn't even let me know about it. They didn't check with me or ask me if it was okay. When I first played the record back, I go, 'That's not my fu**in' solo! What the f**k is this?' I called Gene and tore him a new sfincter. He gave me some ox manur saying, 'We tried to call you but we couldn't find you.' One of many ox manur stories, lies, lies, lies. (p226, Kiss Behind the Mask)

Metal student
Metal student
Psychotron

Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 5:33 pm

I'm getting this release too. It will be funny if Ace's solo sounds better than the one Dick Wagner did, but I'm gonna doubt that. I'm so used to it sounding the way it does.

I'm a sucker for copious linear notes and photos too. I like reading and looking at all that stuff so this is a must have.

Also, with this original cover...Ace looks pretty odd. It's like he's laughing or something. I don't know, but he looks weird.
Back to top Go down
http://nicksmetal.blogspot.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 5:36 pm

Already pre-ordered it! I look forward to hearing the re-mix. Hopefully it's a great re-mix. It does look like Peter's wearing a bar to cover moobs in the painting!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:57 pm

ultmetal wrote:

I'll be picking this up as well.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 12:23 pm

ultmetal wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

It's interesting to note that if the band is restoring the original ACE solo to "Sweet Pain" then Gene's story about Ace never showing up to record a solo is proven to be the BS that Ace always said it was.

According to Gene Simmons, "Bob rearranged the song and Ace never showed up to play his parts so we brought in Dick Wagner to come in and play the solo." (p226, Kiss Behind the Mask)

According to Ace Frehley, "I had done a solo on "Sweet Pain" and it was okay. I said, 'Maybe I'll come in tomorrow and take another shot at it." Dick Wagner, the guy who plays lead guitar on the Alice Cooper records, was in town. He stopped by the studio and I'm not sure exactly what went down, whether Gene or Paul said, 'Why don't we let Dick Wagner take a show at doing the solo?' Dick's a very good guitar player. He just knocked out a great solo. They decided to keep it but they didn't even let me know about it. They didn't check with me or ask me if it was okay. When I first played the record back, I go, 'That's not my fu**in' solo! What the f**k is this?' I called Gene and tore him a new sfincter. He gave me some ox manur saying, 'We tried to call you but we couldn't find you.' One of many ox manur stories, lies, lies, lies. (p226, Kiss Behind the Mask)

I haven't actually read anything on line that suggest the alternate guitar solo was an Ace guitar solo, although that would be cool. The adds I've read state, "Other rediscovered gems include a complete, alternate guitar solo for the track “Sweet Pain,” now heard for the first time since it was originally recorded. The newly remixed “Sweet Pain” with the original guitar solo will be included as a bonus track."
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 12:31 pm

JBall_Z wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

I haven't actually read anything on line that suggest the alternate guitar solo was an Ace guitar solo, although that would be cool. The adds I've read state, "Other rediscovered gems include a complete, alternate guitar solo for the track “Sweet Pain,” now heard for the first time since it was originally recorded. The newly remixed “Sweet Pain” with the original guitar solo will be included as a bonus track."

According to Bob Ezrin, it is an Ace solo:

http://www.kissfaq.com/forum11/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=74766#p1577789

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 2:54 pm

I can't remember where I found the quote that it was Ace's original solo that was being used. It was on some 'official' press release that I just copied and pasted above.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 3:47 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

That was a cool read. Thanks for posting it.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 7:10 pm

ultmetal wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

That was a cool read. Thanks for posting it.

You are welcome! I am really7 looking forward to the release after reading the interview, more so than before! Nice to see Ezrin driving this and not $immon$
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The offical Kiss thread
Page 1 of 17Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next