Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The offical Kiss thread

Go down 
+30
Vexer6
Eyesore
Metal Misfit
akeldama
James B.
Cliffy
jstate
iamrockerfun
Red Kitty
metalinmyveins
DallasBlack
kmorg
Mglaffas81
ZombieHavoc
manny
Nosaj2493
Shawn Of Fire
MEGATRON
tohostudios
nevermore
Psychotron
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
exact33
Fat Freddy
JBall_Z
Witchfinder
Smindas
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

The offical Kiss thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 9:35 pm

exact33 wrote:
Ill get this in awhile but I am not that big of an audiophile and I dont think the difference is as big as the Dio - Holy Diver Gold and the original.

You are correct. The difference is no where near as big as on Holy Diver.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 1:03 am

Not to muddy the waters but the Destroyer reissue is actually a remix while the Holy Diver was a remaster.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 1:16 am

S.D. wrote:
Not to muddy the waters but the Destroyer reissue is actually a remix while the Holy Diver was a remaster.

Good point!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 5:23 pm

S.D. wrote:

true. I imagine used copies will be all over the place in the not to distant future.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 5:26 pm

I spun the remix Destroyer today (en route to my Schlafly binge The offical Kiss thread - Page 5 11840 ) and the only things I noticed were:

A) the whole thing is "louder" and B) I never before noticed that the engine noises persist throughout the entire break between the 2nd and 3rd verses.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 7:37 pm

Monster samples are up on iTunes. The UK store has extended 1:30 previews available.

So far I dislike Freak, Eat Your Heart Out and Outta This World. The rest of the songs sound good, but it took a few listens for me to warm up to them. Gene and Tommy both reuse song lyrics from Sonic Boom in the latter two songs I mentioned above, which is disappointing.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 12:22 am

MEGATRON wrote:
Monster samples are up on iTunes. The UK store has extended 1:30 previews available.

So far I dislike Freak, Eat Your Heart Out and Outta This World. The rest of the songs sound good, but it took a few listens for me to warm up to them. Gene and Tommy both reuse song lyrics from Sonic Boom in the latter two songs I mentioned above, which is disappointing.

I'm going to avoid listening to the sound samples. I've already pre-ordered a vinyl copy from Amazon and I'm sure the CD will be available everywhere on October 9th. A new KISS album is an event for me and I don't want to spoil it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 12:33 am

tohostudios wrote:
I spun the remix Destroyer today (en route to my Schlafly binge The offical Kiss thread - Page 5 11840 ) and the only things I noticed were:

A) the whole thing is "louder" and B) I never before noticed that the engine noises persist throughout the entire break between the 2nd and 3rd verses.

I might try a side by side comparison at some point. The only problem is I haven't heard the original album since around 1985, so I only have a vague recollection of what it sounds like. Alive II has better versions of some of the key tracks.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 9:21 am

Destroyer (Resurrected) sounds phenomenal, imo.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 9:04 am

JBall_Z wrote:
I'm going to avoid listening to the sound samples. I've already pre-ordered a vinyl copy from Amazon and I'm sure the CD will be available everywhere on October 9th. A new KISS album is an event for me and I don't want to spoil it. Very Happy

Me too. I only heard half of "Hell or Hallelujah" on accident, when flipping through Sirius channels.

I want it to be as fresh as possible when I first pop in the new disc on release day.

I kind of want to pre-order the vinyl...but I do not really care for the cover, and that is usually what makes me want to have something on vinyl--a nice looking cover.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 9:12 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
JBall_Z wrote:

Me too. I only heard half of "Hell or Hallelujah" on accident, when flipping through Sirius channels.

I want it to be as fresh as possible when I first pop in the new disc on release day.

I kind of want to pre-order the vinyl...but I do not really care for the cover, and that is usually what makes me want to have something on vinyl--a nice looking cover.

The cover just looks like one of those genric comp discs that get released from time to time
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 9:22 am

manny wrote:
The cover just looks like one of those genric comp discs that get released from time to time

I definitely agree with that.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 1:19 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
JBall_Z wrote:

That is true. If the picture disc is any indication, the back cover should be a cool concert photo ala the Alive II gatefold. Speaking of which, has anyone heard if the Monster album cover is a gatefold?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 1:51 pm

There's nothing wrong with the cover, IMO. It makes as much sense as the debut, or Dynasty, or Dressed To Kill, or Lick It Up, or Creatures Of The Night...just the band & logo on the cover...

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 1:59 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
There's nothing wrong with the cover, IMO. It makes as much sense as the debut, or Dynasty, or Dressed To Kill, or Lick It Up, or Creatures Of The Night...just the band & logo on the cover...

I actually should have said, I don't think the cover is cool enough to warrant a vinyl purchase. I don't hate the cover, but it isn't anything spectacular to me. I know I will be getting the CD. If it had a killer looking cover, I'd want to get the vinyl as well.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 9:14 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I actually should have said, I don't think the cover is cool enough to warrant a vinyl purchase. I don't hate the cover, but it isn't anything spectacular to me. I know I will be getting the CD. If it had a killer looking cover, I'd want to get the vinyl as well.

yeah - with the title 'Monster' I think they could have done a lot better than they did.

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 11:30 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

The debut cover is excellent, it makes total sense since they were selling their "image" more than anything and nobody had ever seen them before. Iconic, classic.

Dressed To Kill I also find wonderfully funny, the combination of the makeup, those suits and the attitude that comes across is high comedy and I think very memorable.

Dynasty and Creatures are just kinda "there", not terrible, not great.

Lick It Up is a really crappy picture, but again they were trying to sell the idea of "no makeup" this time.

My favorite KISS album cover will always be "Alive!", when I was a little kid I stared at that cover for hours imagining I was seeing them play. Second favorite is Rock "N" Roll Over.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 8:22 am

S.D. wrote:
My favorite KISS album cover will always be "Alive!", when I was a little kid I stared at that cover for hours imagining I was seeing them play. Second favorite is Rock "N" Roll Over.

I don't know what my favorite cover is, but those are both really cool.

I also really liked the cover for Sonic Boom. And Love Gun.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 8:29 am

Also...anyone reading the current IDW KISS comic? Do you like it?

I may check it out in trade, but I was just curious what people thought.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 9:09 am

I don't care for the Sonic Boom cover...looks like a Kiss Chewing Gum wrapper or something...I don't like the colors or the font on the title.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 9:44 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I don't care for the Sonic Boom cover...looks like a Kiss Chewing Gum wrapper or something...I don't like the colors or the font on the title.

I like it. I think it is better than Monster.

JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 12:26 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Also...anyone reading the current IDW KISS comic? Do you like it?

I may check it out in trade, but I was just curious what people thought.

I bought the first issue. It's was ok. I should read it again. Honestly, I'd like to see Marvel take another crack at a KISS comic using the same characters and concept they used in the first two magazines. Have somebody like Brian Michael Bendis to write it. That would be cool.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 3:16 pm

exact33 wrote:
yeah - with the title 'Monster' I think they could have done a lot better than they did.

That's how I feel too. The cover as it is now is rather bland and generic looking.

Metal student
Metal student
Psychotron

Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 3:27 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
exact33 wrote:

That's how I feel too. The cover as it is now is rather bland and generic looking.

Agreed as well. The title does not really fit the cover....like the cover to "Hotter than Hell" and "Dressed to Kill" fit the title.

It's just a pic of the band with "Monster" plastered to it. I would have liked some artwork like of some creature with a mixture of the 4 members makeup on it or something. I don't know...I'm just thinking out loud here.
Back to top Go down
http://nicksmetal.blogspot.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 3:32 pm

Psychotron wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Agreed as well. The title does not really fit the cover....like the cover to "Hotter than Hell" and "Dressed to Kill" fit the title.

It's just a pic of the band with "Monster" plastered to it. I would have liked some artwork like of some creature with a mixture of the 4 members makeup on it or something. I don't know...I'm just thinking out loud here.

I like your thinking. I said the same thing back in July...

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Yea, kinda lame. I woulda made an actual monster comprised of the 4 KISS characters. Maybe 4 different heads on one body or something like that.

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The offical Kiss thread
Page 5 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next