Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The offical Kiss thread

Go down 
+30
Vexer6
Eyesore
Metal Misfit
akeldama
James B.
Cliffy
jstate
iamrockerfun
Red Kitty
metalinmyveins
DallasBlack
kmorg
Mglaffas81
ZombieHavoc
manny
Nosaj2493
Shawn Of Fire
MEGATRON
tohostudios
nevermore
Psychotron
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
exact33
Fat Freddy
JBall_Z
Witchfinder
Smindas
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

The offical Kiss thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 6:12 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I really couldn't care less what the cover art looks like, I'm more concerned with how the music actually sounds.

This sir, is the reason you are on the KISS promotional team, talking about quaint things like music when it comes to KISS!!!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 6:13 pm

manny wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
I really couldn't care less what the cover art looks like, I'm more concerned with how the music actually sounds.

This sir, is the reason you are on the KISS promotional team, talking about quaint things like music when it comes to KISS!!!

isnt there supposed to be a 'not' in there somewhere???

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 6:23 pm

exact33 wrote:
manny wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

There is but I did not catch it, oh well :cheese:
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 6:25 pm

manny wrote:
exact33 wrote:
manny wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

There is but I did not catch it, oh well :cheese:

you cant be a kisslawyer if you dont pay attention!!!

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 8:54 am

So hey, I wonder how many copies of the "Monster Book" have been sold by now? Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 8:57 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
So hey, I wonder how many copies of the "Monster Book" have been sold by now? Very Happy

Depends on who you ask. Gene will tell you they sold out the first-run of 1000 in under 15 minutes.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 9:01 am

Annoying to me when the iTunes version has additional tracks (Alice Cooper's Welcome 2 My Nightmare, for instance).

And to top it off, those tracks are usually album-only on iTunes. If you by the CD, you can't just download that one bonus track.

I do think that bigger labels are really trying to push things away from physical media.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 9:02 am

I love KISS, but seriously who would be dumb enough to buy a book for $4 grand?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 9:05 am

manny wrote:

I heard Ace, Peter and Vinnie are pooling their money together to get one.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 9:18 am

manny wrote:

Only the dumb ones who could afford it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 10:28 am

Paul Stanley talks about KISS going on without him...and he's ok with that:

Quote :
Kiss frontman Paul Stanley believes the day he’s replaced in the band would be more than just a lineup change – it would be a victory.

That’s because it would prove he’s been right all along about what the glam rock icons really are.

He and bandmate Gene Simmons have frequently discussed the possibility of Kiss continuing without any of the original or current members – but now the guitarist and vocalist has defined how important the move would be to him.

Stanley tells the San Diego Union-Tribune: “The band is bigger than its members. It only takes four like-minded people with a similar talent to further the cause.

“It makes perfect sense to me. It may not make sense to other bands – but we’re not other bands. We don’t live by those rules. We never have.

“I’m damn good at what I do; but do I think I’m the only person capable of doing it? Absolutely not. Can I envision a time when I won’t be here any more? Absolutely.

“It’s not tomorrow, or next week, but when it happens I would be celebratory, Because it would prove that I was right, that Kiss is exactly what I believe it is: an ideal, a way of performing, a point of view.”

Stanley doesn’t believe the next Starchild will be an exact replica of himself, though. “I’m not talking about a clone,” he says, “but somebody with the same passion, drive and love for the music.”

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 10:35 am

They've talked about this before. Betcha they'll turn it into a reality show (hosted by Eddie Trunk, of course)... they'll audition replacements from KISS tribute bands and America will vote on a new "Starchild" and "Demon," etc.

Then the "new" band will start a permanent residence in Vegas (or perhaps Branson, Missouri). starring in "THE SONIC BOOM SMILE TIME VARIETY HOUR! The full KISS experience, with musical guest Ron Keel, illusionist Doug Henning, comedy from Waylon Flowers and Madam, and a special appearance by Paul Williams! Don't miss this amazing spectacle that includes validated parking, a free meal voucher, and balloon animals for the kids, all for one low price!"

...woot, the caffeine is kickin' my ass this morning...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 10:44 am

Several other bands have continued on with only one or no original members. It won't be the same, but I think it can happen.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 10:46 am

Quote :
They've talked about this before. Betcha they'll turn it into a reality show (hosted by Eddie Trunk, of course)... when the current band decides they wanna hang it up, they'll audition replacements from KISS tribute bands and America will vote on the new "Starchild" and "Demon," etc.

Oh yea, it's nothing new. They've talked about that possibilty for awhile now. I don't know that I've heard Paul mention it though. It's usually Gene. But I guess the more they talk about it, the closer it gets to becoming a reality. And speaking of "reality"...

I can't imagine them finding suitable replacements any other way. Make a reality-show contest outta the whole thing on TV with Gene and Paul sitting in judgment. It can't lose. Razz

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 10:54 am

I love KISS, but I would be perfectly fine with a Gene-less KISS. I don't think he brings much tot he table, besides business.

I would be bummed with no Paul though.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 11:32 am

You know, what we interpret as "the real Kiss" doesn't matter at all in reality - that's why I wish people would stop bickering so much about something they have absolutely no control of. We all have our personal preferences and beliefs, I'm sure of it - would I wish that Kiss would stay intact with their original members? Yes. Do I have good reason to draw my own conclusions on everything that doesn't suit me? No. Come to think of it, I don't need any more of the "real" Kiss - I got all my nostalgic needs fulfilled by the stuff I already have. Even when the original Kiss did reunite and record a new album, people still said it "wasn't the same". So how about we just all accept that we are not living in the past, and cherish what really matters to us?

Last edited by Mglaffas81 on Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nosaj2493
Metal novice
Metal novice
Nosaj2493

Number of posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 11:36 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
I love KISS, but I would be perfectly fine with a Gene-less KISS. I don't think he brings much tot he table, besides business.

For me Paul is Kiss, he's always been the soul of the band. That's why I think the band should retire from performing live, Paul just can't hack it anymore. Without him Kiss just isn't Kiss.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 11:55 am

With the makeup aspect of Kiss, it would be a very easy thing for them to do. It would also put to rest any actual tribute bands still out there. With Gene basically funding what will be the only official Kiss Tribute out there, he'll no doubt squelch any others.

Metal student
Metal student
Psychotron

Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 12:19 pm

Having newbies replace Paul and Gene is easier said than done. They may talk like its a possibility, but would they really want others parading around as their characters.

Also, would Tommy and Eric be up for this as well? When/If that day comes, Paul and Gene will probably be picking all four members because I can' see Tommy and Eric teaming up with two new younger guys.
Back to top Go down
http://nicksmetal.blogspot.com
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 12:32 pm

Nosaj2493 wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:

For me Paul is Kiss, he's always been the soul of the band. That's why I think the band should retire from performing live, Paul just can't hack it anymore. Without him Kiss just isn't Kiss.

I don't know, I saw KISS (from the fifth row) in Tampa on July 28th, and Paul sounds pretty darn good. He moves well too. The vocal cord surgery worked. When I saw him in 2010 on the Sonic Boom Tour, his voice was terrible, like he was going though puberty and his voice was changing. Hopefully, they'll tour the U.S. for the Monster album, and I'll get to see them one more time at least.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 12:35 pm

Psychotron wrote:
Having newbies replace Paul and Gene is easier said than done. They may talk like its a possibility, but would they really want others parading around as their characters.

If it meant continuing the income stream, they absolutely would want it. Why not benefit from having THE officially sancioned KISS Tribute band continuing what you started AND still getting paid from it?

If they do it, they'll recruit 4 new guys.

Metal student
Metal student
Psychotron

Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 1:12 pm

Yea...when money talks no one walks. It would prolly continue interest in the band because the public will want to know who will be the chosen ones.

So, they're thinking is that KISS could/would go on forever. Basically, new KISS albums would be coming out with 4 new guys.

Merchandising wise, I think it could work...musically, I'm not so sure.
Back to top Go down
http://nicksmetal.blogspot.com
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 1:14 pm

Psychotron wrote:
Yea...when money talks no one walks. It would prolly continue interest in the band because the public will want to know who will be the chosen ones.

So, they're thinking is that KISS could/would go on forever. Basically, new KISS albums would be coming out with 4 new guys.

If they could pull this off for more than a couple generations, they would have fulfilled Gene's sports analogy...it doesn't matter who's wearing the jersey...you're a fan of the team.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 3:27 pm

Quote :

Music would take a back-seat to the production. As long as someone is up there, dressed as a demon, breathing fire and singing 'God of Thunder', who cares?

KISS, the coporation, could live off the greatest hits for the next 30 years as long as the stage show carries on.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 6:46 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Paul Stanley talks about KISS going on without him...and he's ok with that:

Quote :
Kiss frontman Paul Stanley believes the day he’s replaced in the band would be more than just a lineup change – it would be a victory.

That’s because it would prove he’s been right all along about what the glam rock icons really are.

He and bandmate Gene Simmons have frequently discussed the possibility of Kiss continuing without any of the original or current members – but now the guitarist and vocalist has defined how important the move would be to him.

Stanley tells the San Diego Union-Tribune: “The band is bigger than its members. It only takes four like-minded people with a similar talent to further the cause.

“It makes perfect sense to me. It may not make sense to other bands – but we’re not other bands. We don’t live by those rules. We never have.

“I’m damn good at what I do; but do I think I’m the only person capable of doing it? Absolutely not. Can I envision a time when I won’t be here any more? Absolutely.

“It’s not tomorrow, or next week, but when it happens I would be celebratory, Because it would prove that I was right, that Kiss is exactly what I believe it is: an ideal, a way of performing, a point of view.”

Stanley doesn’t believe the next Starchild will be an exact replica of himself, though. “I’m not talking about a clone,” he says, “but somebody with the same passion, drive and love for the music.”

ask Geoff Tate how that is working out for him.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The offical Kiss thread
Page 3 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next