Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The offical Kiss thread

Go down 
+30
Vexer6
Eyesore
Metal Misfit
akeldama
James B.
Cliffy
jstate
iamrockerfun
Red Kitty
metalinmyveins
DallasBlack
kmorg
Mglaffas81
ZombieHavoc
manny
Nosaj2493
Shawn Of Fire
MEGATRON
tohostudios
nevermore
Psychotron
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
exact33
Fat Freddy
JBall_Z
Witchfinder
Smindas
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage

The offical Kiss thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 8:30 pm

exact33 wrote:

ask Geoff Tate how that is working out for him.

One major difference. Money. Kiss has sold around 100 million albums worldwide...and I couldn't even imagine what their merchandising take has been. No financial problems in that camp, unless it's "how in the hell do I spend all this before I die?".

Queensryche hasn't even sold 1/4 of that amount of records (around 20 million).

Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 5:53 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:
Even when the original Kiss did reunite and record a new album, people still said it "wasn't the same".

The original KISS never recorded a new album.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 6:44 am

MEGATRON wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:
Even when the original Kiss did reunite and record a new album, people still said it "wasn't the same".

Ah, that's right - Psycho Circus had the original line-up in name only. Thanks for the correction
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:15 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:
MEGATRON wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

Ah, that's right - Psycho Circus had the original line-up in name only. Thanks for the correction

Yeah, but if you're going that route, the "original" KISS stopped recording in 1977 or so, right?

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 10:19 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Yeah, but if you're going that route, the "original" KISS stopped recording in 1977 or so, right?

I consider Love Gun to be the last true original line-up KISS album.

I wonder if Peter would agree with that, since he had little involvement with Dynasty and Psycho Circus (1 song per album) and no involvement with Unmasked.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 2:26 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
They've talked about this before. Betcha they'll turn it into a reality show (hosted by Eddie Trunk, of course)... they'll audition replacements from KISS tribute bands and America will vote on a new "Starchild" and "Demon," etc.

Then the "new" band will start a permanent residence in Vegas (or perhaps Branson, Missouri). starring in "THE SONIC BOOM SMILE TIME VARIETY HOUR! The full KISS experience, with musical guest Ron Keel, illusionist Doug Henning, comedy from Waylon Flowers and Madam, and a special appearance by Paul Williams! Don't miss this amazing spectacle that includes validated parking, a free meal voucher, and balloon animals for the kids, all for one low price!"

...woot, the caffeine is kickin' my ass this morning...

Laughing very hard

Ron Keel - Kip Winger before WInger existed!!!!!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 8:02 pm

Kiss - The Next Generation tv show coming sooon!! It will go over as well as Galactica 1980....

ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:31 am

Is there anything absolutely essential on the KISS box set? I am not a completist, and don't feel the need to own every demo and live recording. But I am quite willing to buy a few MP3s if there is anything on there that is just awesome for KISS fans.

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Psychotron
Metal student
Metal student
Psychotron

Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 1:04 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Is there anything absolutely essential on the KISS box set? I am not a completist, and don't feel the need to own every demo and live recording. But I am quite willing to buy a few MP3s if there is anything on there that is just awesome for KISS fans.

Any thoughts?

I personally think that KISS box set is really sweet. The demos on there are a very good listen and in fact they are more energetic than the ones that appear on the first KISS album.

There is also a cut of "God of Thunder" sung by Paul and a song called "Time Traveler" that didn't make it onto "Crazy Nights."

Also, if you like reading linear notes and that stuff, the 4 guys comment on all the songs in the set.
Back to top Go down
http://nicksmetal.blogspot.com
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 1:58 pm

I just received my copy of KISS Destroyer {Ressurrected} on 180 gram virgin vinyl. I haven't listened to it yet, but it looks great. Plain white inner sleeve and a nice two panel full color booklet featuring an essay by Bob Ezrin and several unreleased photos. I was most pleased with the record label. They "ressurrected" the Casablanca Blue Label for the vinyl lp. Very cool.

Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 2:03 pm

JBall_Z wrote:
I just received my copy of KISS Destroyer {Ressurrected} on 180 gram virgin vinyl. I haven't listened to it yet, but it looks great. Plain white inner sleeve and a nice two panel full color booklet featuring an essay by Bob Ezrin and several unreleased photos. I was most pleased with the record label. They "ressurrected" the Casablanca Blue Label for the vinyl lp. Very cool.

I didn't buy this, but I do really like the look of the cover (especially on vinyl). The reviews on Amazon of the mastering sound like it does not really sound that great, though. If I do buy it, it will be on vinyl, and only for the cover.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 2:50 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
JBall_Z wrote:

I didn't buy this, but I do really like the look of the cover (especially on vinyl). The reviews on Amazon of the mastering sound like it does not really sound that great, though. If I do buy it, it will be on vinyl, and only for the cover.

When I eventually have time to give it a spin, I'll let you know what I think. I can't imagine it will sound bad. It's Bob Ezrin.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 8:38 pm

Gene would be very upset - Best Buy had nary a copy of the re-re-release of Destroyer.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 8:41 pm

Mine just came today too.

As a seminal album in my musicsl development, I had to order this. Haven't listened to it yet but I've read Bob Ezrin's new liner notes. I'm anxious to see if I hear a difference.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 10:34 pm

JBall_Z wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
JBall_Z wrote:

When I eventually have time to give it a spin, I'll let you know what I think. I can't imagine it will sound bad. It's Bob Ezrin.

Sounds good to my ears - listening to it now. You can tell the difference as soon as you play it
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 8:20 am

thejokeriv wrote:
JBall_Z wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
JBall_Z wrote:

Sounds good to my ears - listening to it now. You can tell the difference as soon as you play it

Ok, cool, well maybe I will go ahead and get the vinyl then. You can never tell with people that post reviews on Amazon.

Does the vinyl come with a download code?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 8:33 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
JBall_Z wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
JBall_Z wrote:

Ok, cool, well maybe I will go ahead and get the vinyl then. You can never tell with people that post reviews on Amazon.

No idea - I bought the CD
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 8:37 am

thejokeriv wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
JBall_Z wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
JBall_Z wrote:

No idea - I bought the CD

Oh, whoops...I was thinking your post was from the guy who had bought the vinyl.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 11:44 am

So I got Destroyer (Resurrected) yesterday and I was reading online that there is some kind of skip at the start of Flaming Youth. I can't hear it. I compared the Resurrected version to the 97 remaster and they sound the same to me. Anybody notice the skip?

Also, I still hate the song Great Expectations. Terrible.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 11:50 am

Witchfinder wrote:
So I got Destroyer (Resurrected) yesterday and I was reading online that there is some kind of skip at the start of Flaming Youth. I can't hear it. I compared the Resurrected version to the 97 remaster and they sound the same to me. Anybody notice the skip?

I read that too, on a few Amazon reviews....if it's not really noticable, then that's good.

I still love Great Expectations though. That was a grower for me. When I first got the album years ago, it was a skip through everytime. Then one day, it just played through, and I got hooked. Listened to like 12 times in a row.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 12:06 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

I read that too, on a few Amazon reviews....if it's not really noticable, then that's good.

I still love Great Expectations though. That was a grower for me. When I first got the album years ago, it was a skip through everytime. Then one day, it just played through, and I got hooked. Listened to like 12 times in a row.

That's cool. GE always stood out like a sore thumb to me after the awesome first 3 cuts. I guess it's a bit too "Ezrin" for me.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 12:45 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
JBall_Z wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
JBall_Z wrote:

Unfortunately, no. I listened to side one and I'm listening to side two for the first time right now. Sounds different but still great. I'm enjoying the heck out of it.

Spoiler Alert: In the liner notes, Bob Ezrin mentioned that he had the opportunity to fix something that had been vexing them for decades. "Let's see if you can find it." Well, I think I did. I might be wrong, but it sounds like he mercifully removed the calliope from Flaming Youth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 1:08 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
So I got Destroyer (Resurrected) yesterday and I was reading online that there is some kind of skip at the start of Flaming Youth. I can't hear it.

It's possible a few people got a bad press, but these days it is not uncommon for Lps to come from different pressing plants depending where in the country/world you live. Lp plants are very overworked and often they will share the load of a release across multiple plants to make the targeted release date. In cases like those it could be a problem with one of the plants but not have an impact on the others.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 2:06 pm

S.D. wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
So I got Destroyer (Resurrected) yesterday and I was reading online that there is some kind of skip at the start of Flaming Youth. I can't hear it.

It's possible a few people got a bad press, but these days it is not uncommon for Lps to come from different pressing plants depending where in the country/world you live. Lp plants are very overworked and often they will share the load of a release across multiple plants to make the targeted release date. In cases like those it could be a problem with one of the plants but not have an impact on the others.

That's my guess too. Apparently the download of the track doesn't have a skip either. Of course, this doesn't stop mouthbreathers on the interwebs from saying that it's all Bob Ezrin's fault. Dur dur dur.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 8:25 pm

Ill get this in awhile but I am not that big of an audiophile and I dont think the difference is as big as the Dio - Holy Diver Gold and the original.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The offical Kiss thread
Page 4 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next