Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The offical Kiss thread

Go down 
+30
Vexer6
Eyesore
Metal Misfit
akeldama
James B.
Cliffy
jstate
iamrockerfun
Red Kitty
metalinmyveins
DallasBlack
kmorg
Mglaffas81
ZombieHavoc
manny
Nosaj2493
Shawn Of Fire
MEGATRON
tohostudios
nevermore
Psychotron
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
exact33
Fat Freddy
JBall_Z
Witchfinder
Smindas
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

The offical Kiss thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 7:12 pm

ultmetal wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
I'll be purchasing the Destroyer Resurrected LP when it's released. I think that's a worthwhile purchase.

The offical Kiss thread - Page 2 51stuX8jlFL._SL500_AA300_
This is KISS s 1976 multi-platinum, landmark album Destroyer: Resurrected, newly remixed from the original master tapes by the album's original producer, Bob Ezrin. Ezrin pulled the tapes from the vaults and painstakingly remixed the entire album, enhancing the sound and bringing out its rich texture and vibrancy, while keeping the integrity of the original recording intact. Sweet Pain will include the original Ace Frehley guitar solo, which was replaced on the original release.

Destroyer: Resurrected will also include rare photos, a new essay by Ezrin and the originally intended cover artwork.

It's interesting to note that if the band is restoring the original ACE solo to "Sweet Pain" then Gene's story about Ace never showing up to record a solo is proven to be the BS that Ace always said it was.

According to Gene Simmons, "Bob rearranged the song and Ace never showed up to play his parts so we brought in Dick Wagner to come in and play the solo." (p226, Kiss Behind the Mask)

According to Ace Frehley, "I had done a solo on "Sweet Pain" and it was okay. I said, 'Maybe I'll come in tomorrow and take another shot at it." Dick Wagner, the guy who plays lead guitar on the Alice Cooper records, was in town. He stopped by the studio and I'm not sure exactly what went down, whether Gene or Paul said, 'Why don't we let Dick Wagner take a show at doing the solo?' Dick's a very good guitar player. He just knocked out a great solo. They decided to keep it but they didn't even let me know about it. They didn't check with me or ask me if it was okay. When I first played the record back, I go, 'That's not my fu**in' solo! What the f**k is this?' I called Gene and tore him a new sfincter. He gave me some ox manur saying, 'We tried to call you but we couldn't find you.' One of many ox manur stories, lies, lies, lies. (p226, Kiss Behind the Mask)

One of the "seminal" albums that formed my love of hard rock. I'll definitely be picking this up.

Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 2:46 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

According to Bob Ezrin, it is an Ace solo:

http://www.kissfaq.com/forum11/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=74766#p1577789

http://www.kissfaq.com/forum11/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=74766#p1577789

That was a cool read. Thanks for posting it.

You are welcome! I am really7 looking forward to the release after reading the interview, more so than before! Nice to see Ezrin driving this and not $immon$

Yes, thanks for posting! I'm looking forward to this release as well. It's funny though. Now Bob is saying, "I found this old Ace solo and I just loved it! I thought it was amazing. So I put that in instead." Well, Bob... why didn't you just use Ace's solo in the first place. scratch Everybody knows Ace Rules!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 2:13 pm

The price will determine it for me.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 3:07 pm

exact33 wrote:
The price will determine it for me.
Already available for pre-order. Normal CD/vinyl priced.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 3:50 pm

wow. I was expecting $2400 given their recent items for sale.

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 4:39 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Where does Gene come up with this sh!t???

The offical Kiss thread - Page 2 Hellok10

Would you describe it as an unholy alliance or the cutest collaboration (cutest collaboration) ever made? Toilet paper featuring Sanrio's beloved Hello Kitty channeling the dark allure of KISS members may be surprising but come on, you know this odd pairing is going to be a collectable gold mine!

The famous feline sheds her adorable pink garb for black, and adds the trademark face makeup that channels KISS. Traditionalists will be comforted to see both parties agreed on keeping some pink in the bows and of course an interpretation of Gene Simmons' tongue.

This isn't some knockoff, back alley operation either. Animenewsnetwork.com reports Gene Simmons himself confirmed meeting with Sanrio execs to hammer out a deal.

The unusual toilet paper will be part of a collection of collaborative items that already includes the Hello Kitty plush dolls that recreate the famous faces on KISS' Dynasty album shown below. The swag will be sold at KISS concerts worldwide.

It sounds like genius to me.

If you are brave enough to use the toilet paper for the purpose it was intended I applaud you. Personally I wouldn't want the faces of either of these brands responsible for wiping my bum…that would be uber-creepy for me. I think I'd rather just behold the awesomeness of the pairing sitting around scaring my other collectibles.

http://dvice.com/archives/2012/07/hello-kitty-and.php

For this, I bet while he was on the can.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 4:40 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Already pre-ordered it! I look forward to hearing the re-mix. Hopefully it's a great re-mix. It does look like Peter's wearing a bar to cover moobs in the painting!

Where did you pre-order from?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 4:46 pm

nevermore wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Already pre-ordered it! I look forward to hearing the re-mix. Hopefully it's a great re-mix. It does look like Peter's wearing a bar to cover moobs in the painting!

Where did you pre-order from?

amazon
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 4:58 pm

nevermore wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Would you describe it as an unholy alliance or the cutest collaboration (cutest collaboration) ever made? Toilet paper featuring Sanrio's beloved Hello Kitty channeling the dark allure of KISS members may be surprising but come on, you know this odd pairing is going to be a collectable gold mine!

The famous feline sheds her adorable pink garb for black, and adds the trademark face makeup that channels KISS. Traditionalists will be comforted to see both parties agreed on keeping some pink in the bows and of course an interpretation of Gene Simmons' tongue.

This isn't some knockoff, back alley operation either. Animenewsnetwork.com reports Gene Simmons himself confirmed meeting with Sanrio execs to hammer out a deal.

The unusual toilet paper will be part of a collection of collaborative items that already includes the Hello Kitty plush dolls that recreate the famous faces on KISS' Dynasty album shown below. The swag will be sold at KISS concerts worldwide.

If you are brave enough to use the toilet paper for the purpose it was intended I applaud you. Personally I wouldn't want the faces of either of these brands responsible for wiping my bum…that would be uber-creepy for me. I think I'd rather just behold the awesomeness of the pairing sitting around scaring my other collectibles.

For this, I bet while he was on the can.

I can just picture the commercial:

Gene, in full costume, promoting the TP and the new album, "When I drop a Monster in the can, there's nothing better than KISS Hello Kitty Toilet Paper for a clean, fresh a$$"
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 7:04 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

"That bitch bends over ..." The offical Kiss thread - Page 2 288219
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 1:54 pm

I believe this is the album cover for Monster...

The offical Kiss thread - Page 2 Kissmonstercdfinal

And the itunes tracklisting:

01. Hell Or Hallelujah
02. Wall Of Sound
03. Freak
04. Back To The Stone Age
05. Shout Mercy
06. Long Way Down
07. Eat Your Heart Out
08. The Devil Is Me
09. Outta This World
10. All For The Love Of Rock & Roll
11. Take Me Down Below
12. Last Chance
13. Right Here Right Now

The cd will have one less song, but I don't know what one it is, maybe track 13.

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 1:56 pm

Not impressed with the cover.... they should have done a mid 70's style painting. Granted, it is line with the first three/dynasty covers, but a painting would have been cool. Looking forward to the album!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 1:58 pm

That is ass backwards...the bonus track should be on the CD to encourage physical product sales. Anyone paying to download KISS isn't really a KISS fan anyway.

That cover is OK, but it would have looked better if run through an aging filter to make it look like an old vinyl cover.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 2:00 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Not impressed with the cover.... they should have done a mid 70's style painting. Granted, it is line with the first three/dynasty covers, but a painting would have been cool. Looking forward to the album!

Yea, kinda lame. I woulda made an actual monster comprised of the 4 KISS characters. Maybe 4 different heads on one body or something like that.

And I can't help but shake the feeling that the album's title and font are somehow tied into Monster Energy Drink in some sorta cross-marketing scheme. Of course, we all know Gene's above that sort of shameless promotion, right?

The offical Kiss thread - Page 2 Monster-energy-logo

I wouldn't be surprised to see Monster cans emblazzoned with a Demon, Starchild, SpaceAce and Catman logos unveiled in the next month or so. Collect 'em all!!

Metal novice
Metal novice
Nosaj2493

Number of posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 2:33 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Anyone paying to download KISS isn't really a KISS fan anyway.

How?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 2:49 pm

Nosaj2493 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

How?

I was half joking...most KISS fans I have ever known relish in a lot of the physical product of the band...albums, CDs, action figures, etc...I would not see them as the type to download their album because you don't get anything with their faces on it.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 2:57 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Nosaj2493 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

How?

I was half joking...most KISS fans I have ever known relish in a lot of the physical product of the band...albums, CDs, action figures, etc...I would not see them as the type to download their album because you don't get anything with their faces on it.

Uhhhhh, yup. That sounds like me. Razz

I don't download. If I don't have a CD or vinyl, I don't own it.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 9:20 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
That is ass backwards...the bonus track should be on the CD to encourage physical product sales. Anyone paying to download KISS isn't really a KISS fan anyway.

That cover is OK, but it would have looked better if run through an aging filter to make it look like an old vinyl cover.

yeah - it doesnt look like an album cover to be honest. As for the extra song, I am sure there will be a version of cd out there sometime that has it.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 9:52 am

The lullaby renditions of KISS classics are available soon - samples available on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Rockabye-Baby-Lullaby-Renditions-Kiss/dp/B008Q72ITA/ref=sr_shvl_album_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343785115&sr=301-1

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 11:05 am

exact33 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

yeah - it doesnt look like an album cover to be honest. As for the extra song, I am sure there will be a version of cd out there sometime that has it.

It looks as much like an album cover as the debut, Dynasty or Dressed To Kill...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 11:12 am

I think it looks more like the cover to a program you'd get at the concert. Do they still sell those?

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 11:29 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I think it looks more like the cover to a program you'd get at the concert. Do they still sell those?

Could be a poster or a shirt too...but I see nothing wrong with it being an album cover.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 1:05 pm

I don't really have a problem with it if it is the cover other than it being too reminiscent of othe KISS covers. That will make a cool shirt though.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 6:53 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

It looks as much like an album cover as the debut, Dynasty or Dressed To Kill...

i dont see it. It looks more like an ad for a concert in a magazine than a cover album.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 7:05 pm

I really couldn't care less what the cover art looks like, I'm more concerned with how the music actually sounds.

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The offical Kiss thread
Page 2 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next