Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The offical Kiss thread

Go down 
+30
Vexer6
Eyesore
Metal Misfit
akeldama
James B.
Cliffy
jstate
iamrockerfun
Red Kitty
metalinmyveins
DallasBlack
kmorg
Mglaffas81
ZombieHavoc
manny
Nosaj2493
Shawn Of Fire
MEGATRON
tohostudios
nevermore
Psychotron
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
exact33
Fat Freddy
JBall_Z
Witchfinder
Smindas
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

The offical Kiss thread - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 8:52 am

I still haven't gotten it yet and it's going to have to wait unfortunately thanks to the transmission going in my car. Someday soon......
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 9:06 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
All this Aerosmith vs Kiss stuff will culminate in a co-headline tour in 2013...consider this pre-marketing.

They've already toured together a couple of years ago -- 2004 or 2005 I think.

Anyway, Monster is growin' on me. It didn't blow me away on the first listen like Sonic Boom did, but then it didn't have the "first new album in ten years" build-up going for it like Boom did.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 9:32 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
All this Aerosmith vs Kiss stuff will culminate in a co-headline tour in 2013...consider this pre-marketing.

Yup, they did in 2005. I remember the pic of Joe Perry onstage in the platform shoes with KISS...

The offical Kiss thread - Page 11 38233213_8428154aac

He came out and played 'Strutter' with the band.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 9:58 am

Mine arrived early, in the mail yesterday. And naturally a million things came up to prevent an honest and focused listen first time out. I am glad I got the 3-D cover though. That thing is pretty cool.

Does Itunes ever down the road take bonus tracks off the album only purchase option? Since the Best Buy fake out I've become obsessed with getting that bonus tune.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 9:58 am

Domintaion Tour 2003
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 6:47 pm

S.D. wrote:
Steven Tyler not a big KISS fan....

Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler and Joe Perry didn’t mince words when asked about Kiss in a recent radio interview. Tyler admitted he never cared for his counterpart’s music after calling them “a comic book rock band.” With Gene Simmons and company also doing media rounds to promote a new album, one expects Tyler’s comments are only the beginning of an entertaining back-and-forth.

“They’ve got a couple of hits, but they’re more the comic book — you see them in their speckled faces,” Tyler added while talking to the Cowhead Show on Tampa, Fla. rock station WHPT in an interview that aired Wednesday. “I remember when we went out with Kiss in ’76 or something, one of our roadies got into a knife fight with their guys. So I hated them ever since.”

The singer added that he’s learned to like Simmons and Paul Stanley on a personal level since that incident, but his thoughts on their music haven’t wavered.

“It is different. A Kiss lick and a Joe Perry lick — two different worlds. And I, sometimes, depending on the time of day, get offended. I hear that and go, ‘It’s all right, but do they really mean it?’ And, ‘What’s this all about?’ And that’s why I think Aerosmith has been around forever. We really do take ourselves seriously.”

Paul Stanley was on Bob Coburn’s ROCKLINE radio show yesterday (10/15/2012) and was asked about Steven Tyler/Aerosmith’s insulting comments about KISS.

BOB COBURN/ROCKLINE:

You got a shot across your bow from Steven Tyler of Aerosmith, did you hear that? He called you a comic book band. Any response to that?

PAUL STANLEY/KISS:

Well, you know, look, I love Steven… and Joe… and Aerosmith is a great band. Maybe Steven’s feeling a bit full of himself because he’s got an album coming out. The reality is, in 2003, we did a co-headlining tour and everything was 50/50, but Steven wanted very much and insisted that they close the show. I really don’t care, because as far as I am concerned, one way or another you’re going to have to come up on the stage, so you can go on before us or after us. And that being said, he certainly had a chip on his shoulder back then, there is some sort of, ambivalence or looking down his nose a bit towards KISS. So I have to say that seeing him go on after us, to play to an underwhelmed audience and see people walking out didn’t feel too bad to me. Well, no matter who you think you are – don’t wish for something that may come true.

Make no mistake, I have been doing this as long as he has – and I take myself every bit as seriously as he does. At the end of the day, I think that the tale got told. So when their album comes out, I wish it the best and let’s put them both on and let the music do the talking

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 7:23 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Anyway, Monster is growin' on me. It didn't blow me away on the first listen like Sonic Boom did, but then it didn't have the "first new album in ten years" build-up going for it like Boom did.

i dont know. I have not been all that interested in listening to it more.

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 10:36 pm

I think we have all become jaded and over critical, perhaps even over exposed.

I remember talk way back when of how crappy this or that KISS lp is and/or was......now it is viewed differently all these years later.

I can only hope I am able to play, much less write at that age. The tunes at least sound like songs crafted and finished. Not a cut and paste thing of ideas fronted off to be actual completed songs.

Seems since I wasn't expecting nothing spectacular before hand. That I find this to be what it is. A KISS record. Songs done very well, others good and some kinda/sorta phoned in.
At least there isn't that usual KISS staple of following some current musical trends. For once, KISS plays KISS.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 9:39 am

After a couple of spins and coming into it with mixed expectations I have to say I find Monster to be ..... one hell of a great record. Completely love it. Everything I want from a Kiss record in 2012 is there and then some.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 9:50 am

jstate wrote:
After a couple of spins and coming into it with mixed expectations I have to say I find Monster to be ..... one hell of a great record. Completely love it. Everything I want from a Kiss record in 2012 is there and then some.

I'm quite enjoying it as well. I think they delivered on their promise, "No Filler! No Ballads! Just Full-Throttle Rock 'n' Roll!"

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 9:59 am

James B. wrote:

There is certainly some truth in that statement.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 10:12 am

jstate wrote:
Does Itunes ever down the road take bonus tracks off the album only purchase option? Since the Best Buy fake out I've become obsessed with getting that bonus tune.

The Alice Cooper iTunes bonus tracks on Welcome 2 My Nightmare are still album only.

I really hate that. I'm pretty sure that most record labels want physical media to die.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 11:53 am

I'm really enjoying it too. However, unlike most around here, Hell or Hallelujah falls flat on my ears. What follows is great though. Freak so far is the best of the bunch (I'm currently listening to The Devil Is Me), such an awesome and memorable song.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 12:20 pm

So, I was walking into a "Disc Replay" in Merrilville, IN during my travels, and what did I find among the other used C.D's? I couldn't believe it, just one week into this release, and someone already thought it sucked that bad. Anyways, I paid the sweet price of $5.99 and also got Danzig 4 for the same price.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 12:51 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
So, I was walking into a "Disc Replay" in Merrilville, IN during my travels, and what did I find among the other used C.D's? I couldn't believe it, just one week into this release, and someone already thought it sucked that bad. Anyways, I paid the sweet price of $5.99 and also got Danzig 4 for the same price.

It's a good thing to be at the right place at the right time.
Back to top Go down
Psychotron
Metal student
Metal student
Psychotron

Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 2:50 pm

Monster sold about 60,000 copies and registered No. 3 on the Billboard chart.

Still no No. 1 unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
http://nicksmetal.blogspot.com
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 4:58 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:

Lots of folks buy a cd and put it on their hard drives. Doesn' t mean they ditched it cause it bit hard or anything.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 5:41 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
James B. wrote:
People today are waaaaaaay too critical of things. We take so much for granted. If an album doesn't click immediately, most people declare it to be crap and move on. There is so much to choose from these days that most people don't take the time to really "get to know" something.

And let's be honest, all the illegal downloading in music has made people far less appreciative of music. These people will deny it, but anyone with a bit of common sense knows it's true.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 5:54 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
James B. wrote:
People today are waaaaaaay too critical of things. We take so much for granted. If an album doesn't click immediately, most people declare it to be crap and move on. There is so much to choose from these days that most people don't take the time to really "get to know" something.

And let's be honest, all the illegal downloading in music has made people far less appreciative of music. These people will deny it, but anyone with a bit of common sense knows it's true.

The way the negative comments were coming in, I thought I was really going to be disappointed, but after three listens, I find that I'm enjoying the album. I think "Shout Mercy" is my favorite track so far, as I'm really digging the main riff in that song. The other songs that I like are: "Hell or Hallelujah"; "Wall of Sound"; "Long Way Down"; "Eat Your Heart Out"; "Outta This World" and "Take Me Down Below".
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 9:09 am

Quote :

Geez, the music industry really must be in the toilet if a relatively piddly number like that is enough to rank that high on the charts.

Seems kinda strange that it sold less than Sonic Boom did in its first week (which was somewhere around 100K if memory serves) since Monster wasn't a "exclusive" limited to one retailer this time out... it's available everywhere.

Maybe they should've stayed indie instead of getting back in bed with the major labels.

Either way, I'm still diggin' the record. "Wall of Sound," "Freak" and "Devil Is Me" are my fave tracks at the moment.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 11:30 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Geez, the music industry really must be in the toilet if a relatively piddly number like that is enough to rank that high on the charts.

Seems kinda strange that it sold less than Sonic Boom did in its first week (which was somewhere around 100K if memory serves) since Monster wasn't a "exclusive" limited to one retailer this time out... it's available everywhere.

Maybe they should've stayed indie instead of getting back in bed with the major labels.

Either way, I'm still diggin' the record. "Wall of Sound," "Freak" and "Devil Is Me" are my fave tracks at the moment.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who really enjoys Freak. The offical Kiss thread - Page 11 11840
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 11:33 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Glad to see I'm not the only one who really enjoys Freak. The offical Kiss thread - Page 11 11840

I like it, but it's not my favorite on the record. I would've liked to hear the proposed Lady Gaga duet.

When I heard Alice Cooper was doing a tune with Ke$ha on Nightmare 2, I was skeptical, but it turned out to be one of my favorite tracks...so yeah.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 1:04 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

I like it, but it's not my favorite on the record. I would've liked to hear the proposed Lady Gaga duet.

When I heard Alice Cooper was doing a tune with Ke$ha on Nightmare 2, I was skeptical, but it turned out to be one of my favorite tracks...so yeah.

Kind of a bummer. I was rooting for KISS. I wanted them to land the number 1 spot. Oh well... what are ya gonna do? Anyway, I listened to the album again yesterday after giving it a rest for a couple of days. I gotta say... I really like it. Favorite tracks so far not including the single:

Side One: Back to the Stone Age, Shout Mercy
Side Two: All killer. Love it.

I've heard they released All For The Love Of Rock & Roll as the first single in Europe. I think that song could possibly do well in the U.S.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 1:32 pm

Quote :
And let's be honest, all the illegal downloading in music has made people far less appreciative of music

I've always contended the record industry's focus on singles and not albums is what ultimately dooms them. They conditioned the public to only care about "hits". Then when they can just download that one song why are they going to buy a whole album. I know more than a few people who think it is really weird that my ipod is filled with albums and not just random playlist of only songs I like. It's completely mystifying to them that I might actually like and listen to a whole album.

I am fast falling in love with Monster. Gonna be a top of the list album for the year. Thing that does it for me is I really like every song on it. It just feels like a complete killer record. Beginning to end.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 1:53 pm

jstate wrote:
Quote :
And let's be honest, all the illegal downloading in music has made people far less appreciative of music

I've always contended the record industry's focus on singles and not albums is what ultimately dooms them. They conditioned the public to only care about "hits". Then when they can just download that one song why are they going to buy a whole album. I know more than a few people who think it is really weird that my ipod is filled with albums and not just random playlist of only songs I like. It's completely mystifying to them that I might actually like and listen to a whole album. .

Seems to be the state of things right now. I've seen that too. People only care about hits.

In fact, I received a PM from someone who asked about the new Ultimatum songs and said they weren't buying the CD but were going to wait until they could just download it for free. When I replied that he could pay to download them on Amazon and that downloading them for free was stealing, the reply back was, "How do you figure that?" Hmmm...are people really that oblivious?

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The offical Kiss thread
Page 11 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next