Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The offical Kiss thread

Go down 
+30
Vexer6
Eyesore
Metal Misfit
akeldama
James B.
Cliffy
jstate
iamrockerfun
Red Kitty
metalinmyveins
DallasBlack
kmorg
Mglaffas81
ZombieHavoc
manny
Nosaj2493
Shawn Of Fire
MEGATRON
tohostudios
nevermore
Psychotron
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
exact33
Fat Freddy
JBall_Z
Witchfinder
Smindas
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

The offical Kiss thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 12:34 pm

From Bravewords.com in an article posted by Martin Popoff describing a recent event and the new KISS record:

"We at bravewords.com are please to report that the entire album rocks from start to finish, no ballads, no outliers really, just a great mix of heavy modern stadium rock mixed with a number of intriguing tracks that touch upon the unique boogie and glam stylings of the band’s first six studio album up to and including Love Gun."

My anticipation for this record continues to build.

In regards to the album cover. I agree with Shawn. When you look at their catalogue, it's a typical KISS cover, and it's a cool photo.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 1:15 pm

Nice! Very Happy

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 3:00 pm

JBall_Z wrote:
From Bravewords.com in an article posted by Martin Popoff describing a recent event and the new KISS record:

"We at bravewords.com are please to report that the entire album rocks from start to finish, no ballads, no outliers really, just a great mix of heavy modern stadium rock mixed with a number of intriguing tracks that touch upon the unique boogie and glam stylings of the band’s first six studio album up to and including Love Gun."

In regards to the album cover. I agree with Shawn. When you look at their catalogue, it's a typical KISS cover, and it's a cool photo.

interesting. Ill be getting this on the first day.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 5:15 pm

exact33 wrote:
JBall_Z wrote:

interesting. Ill be getting this on the first day.

Ditto! I really liked Sonic Boom so I'm looking forward to this one.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 7:53 pm

All KISS albums are first day buys for me. I'm really looking forward to it !
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 9:00 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Yea, kinda lame. I woulda made an actual monster comprised of the 4 KISS characters. Maybe 4 different heads on one body or something like that.

Funny you should say that. This is something I quickly put together a few months ago:

The offical Kiss thread - Page 6 Scaled.php?server=713&filename=56932328

I was going to photoshop the KISS makeup on each of the heads, but I'm not skilled enough to do that. Smile
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 9:42 pm

MEGATRON wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Yea, kinda lame. I woulda made an actual monster comprised of the 4 KISS characters. Maybe 4 different heads on one body or something like that.

Funny you should say that. This is something I quickly put together a few months ago:

I was going to photoshop the KISS makeup on each of the heads, but I'm not skilled enough to do that. Smile

That would be awesome. Nice job on that.
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 8:52 pm

^ Thanks!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 11:32 am

007 wrote:
MEGATRON wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

That would be awesome. Nice job on that.

Looks very Japanese to me.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 9:34 am

MEGATRON wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Nice job. There's so many ways they could've went with the "monster" concept, but they went with none of them and made a generic, bland looking cover. Oh well, here's hoping the music contained within isn't generic or bland.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 9:59 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
MEGATRON wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Nice job. There's so many ways they could've went with the "monster" concept, but they went with none of them and made a generic, bland looking cover. Oh well, here's hoping the music contained within isn't generic or bland.

That's like saying the Love Gun album should have had a big penis on it. Or Creatures Of The Night should have had werewolves on it or something. The sea-serpent thing looks cool, but it's too literal, IMO>

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 10:12 am

It doesn't have to be so literal. "Monster" could have been representative of the sound coming out of your speakers. Or the four guys standing over buildings like Godzilla.

Creatures...had the cool glowing eyes thing happening. Love Gun had a bunch of babes lying around looking lovingly at the band and their love guns. Dressed to Kill had them in suits. Destroyer had them stomping and destroying a town. Even Revenge with it's dark overtones and spraypaint cover worked. Psycho Circus looked like some evil carnival.

My point is, they've done conceptual covers in the past and could have went with something less generic. Something. Anything.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 1:52 pm

Anyone remember the extended disco version of "I Was Made For Lovin' You"?

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 9:25 am

Two new tracks from Monster are now streaming:

http://soundcloud.com/umesongs/long-way-down

http://soundcloud.com/umesongs/all-for-the-love-of-rock-roll
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 9:56 am

Sounds like Eric Singer singing on All for the Love of Rock & Roll? I find it odd how they don't mind giving these guys vocal spots now, but back when they had a killer vocalist in Eric Carr they would rarely ever give him the opportunity.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 10:23 am

ultmetal wrote:
Sounds like Eric Singer singing on All for the Love of Rock & Roll? I find it odd how they don't mind giving these guys vocal spots now, but back when they had a killer vocalist in Eric Carr they would rarely ever give him the opportunity.

Now Gene and Paul are trying to look and act like 70's Super KISS hence the Singer/Thayer tracks on the album that are supposed to sound like something Ace/Peter would sing/write. I agree, Carr should have been able to sing a track an album. Would loved to have heard more of his voice.

As far as the new tracks just previewed, they sound OK but not great. I loved Sonic Boom but so far this one doesn't sound as good, sort of like the quality drop between Lick It Up and Animalize

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 10:53 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Two new tracks from Monster are now streaming:

http://soundcloud.com/umesongs/long-way-down

http://soundcloud.com/umesongs/all-for-the-love-of-rock-roll

Part of that opening riff for "All For the Love of Rock 'N Roll" sounds like the opening riff for "Secretly Cruel".
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 12:27 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Now Gene and Paul are trying to look and act like 70's Super KISS hence the Singer/Thayer tracks on the album that are supposed to sound like something Ace/Peter would sing/write. I agree, Carr should have been able to sing a track an album. Would loved to have heard more of his voice.

As far as the new tracks just previewed, they sound OK but not great. I loved Sonic Boom but so far this one doesn't sound as good, sort of like the quality drop between Lick It Up and Animalize

I've decided not to listen to the new tracks. I've pre-ordered the vinyl and I'm sure I'll buy the CD on October 9th. I might even take the day off work and call it a holiday. As a fan, I've got to savour the experience because you never know with KISS. They might release this album, tour, and then decide to call it quits (again). Especially if the album doesn't sell to their expectations.
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 1:00 pm

Previewed both and I personally love them both...especially Long Way Down. VERY excited for next Tuesday!
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 1:38 am

Kick ass album! Eat Your Heart Out and Outta This World are the only mediocre tracks. They sound like Sonic Boom leftovers and even reuse SB lyrics in some parts. The rest of the album is very good, but Paul's voice is clearly not what it used to be. Hell or Hallelujah is his best vocal performance. The Devil Is Me is a great Gene tune.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 8:58 am

Did I miss a memo? I could've sworn the Monster album was coming out on Oct. 16th here in the U.S., but now I'm reading that it'll be out a week earlier, on the 9th. Did they bump it up a week? Not that I'm complaining, mind you, I'm just curious.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 9:01 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Did I miss a memo? I could've sworn the Monster album was coming out on Oct. 16th here in the U.S., but now I'm reading that it'll be out a week earlier, on the 9th. Did they bump it up a week? Not that I'm complaining, mind you, I'm just curious.

The release date on Amazon changed to Oct. 9 a little while back. Not sure why, but I'm not complaining.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 9:07 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

The release date on Amazon changed to Oct. 9 a little while back. Not sure why, but I'm not complaining.

Cool beans. I'm off from work next week, so I'll have plenty o'time to listen to the CD. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 9:11 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Cool beans. I'm off from work next week, so I'll have plenty o'time to listen to the CD. Very Happy

While you are picking the new KISS disc, you can stop by a load up on some Hello Kitty KISS merchandise :

The offical Kiss thread - Page 6 Hello-kitty-kiss-plush
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 9:39 am

Though I am a Kiss fanatic, I think I will pass on those.

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The offical Kiss thread
Page 6 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next