Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Helloween - Gambling With The Devil

Go down 
+26
EvyMetal
exact33
MetalGuy71
nevermore
iamrockerfun
DallasBlack
bgast1
journeyman
kmorg
romeolimagolf
Smindas
GrandNational
Wargod
krokus
KissinMaiden
Invader
SideShowDisaSter
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
arttieTHE1manparty
scottmitchell74
spiritoradio
INVADERS
mc666
candlemass
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 1:39 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
krokus wrote:

JUDAS is also a very fast and heavy song. Still, KILL IT must be the heaviest HELLOWEEN song with ANDI DERIS

At the very least, it's their fastest/heaviest song since "Push" (off of BETTER THAN RAW)
Push sounds heavier to me.

iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 2:32 pm

anybody want to see photos from Helloween & GR tour ?
18.12.2007 ?
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 9:40 pm

Picked this up yesterday. I think it's a really strong effort.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 3:22 pm

Yes, I know I am a bit late on this one, but this is a really good album! Best thing from Helloween since "Dark Ride".

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 3:26 pm

I was listening to this on the way to work today!!! I was thinking to myself how good it is.

Yes, best since Dark Ride!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 3:27 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I was listening to this on the way to work today!!!

Did you finally get that Kenwood installed on your Big Wheel? Smile
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 3:44 pm

Dude, I would so love to have an adult sized Big Wheel!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 3:47 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Dude, I would so love to have an adult sized Big Wheel!!!!

I loved having a big wheel till the front "tire" busted and I couldn't ride it anymore. Sad This was in 2006.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 3:52 pm

I love the groove metal-like interlude after the solo in "Bells of the Seven Hells". That's one of my fav Helloween songs. The double-bass seems to mixed in louder, as it sound more prominent on this album than other Helloween albums. It gives this album such a massive texture; it just knocks you outta' your seat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 3:55 pm

I still say that Dark Ride is overrated and The Legacy is their best. But this album is pretty killer!

And once again: Deris era KO1 Hansen/Kiske era!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 3:56 pm

mc666 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
krokus wrote:

JUDAS is also a very fast and heavy song. Still, KILL IT must be the heaviest HELLOWEEN song with ANDI DERIS

At the very least, it's their fastest/heaviest song since "Push" (off of BETTER THAN RAW)
Push sounds heavier to me.

I agree with you guys that those songs are among Helloween's heaviest. "Murderer" is very heavy, as well. IMO, Walls of Jericho sounds like Iron Maiden multiplied several times; it's like a meaner, faster version of Piece of Mind or Powerslave.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 3:59 pm

I actually still need to pick up this one. I've listened to it a few times, but haven't had the chance to really get in to it. It does seem awesome though, hopefully should be able to pick it up soon.

Also, The Dark Ride is far from overrated. It has a very unique quality to it, something that I don't really hear on most of Helloween's stuff. I think it might have something to do with Roy-Z's production, but it just gives it that extra edge over some of their other stuff.

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 4:01 pm

Smindas wrote:
Also, The Dark Ride is far from overrated. It has a very unique quality to it, something that I don't really hear on most of Helloween's stuff. I think it might have something to do with Roy-Z's production, but it just gives it that extra edge over some of their other stuff.
Don't get me wrong, I love the album. I simply don't see it as the classic other people claim it is. A heavier, darker Helloween, sure. But classic? I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 5:01 pm

This topic made me want to give Dark Ride a spin, and while yes, I agree that 'classic' is too strong a term, it is rather fantastic. There are a few moments where it lulls a bit, but it's very strong overall and the melodies and hooks are just spectacular. The title track is one of my all time favourite Helloween tracks and I always find that fading outro chorus of 'aahs' leaves me in a good place. It's hard to describe it, but the album just gives me a warm feeling.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 6:25 pm

Deris Helloween has yet to diappoint me. This album just solidifies Helloween as one of my favortie bands of all time. I love every song including the overly happy Can Do It. My absolute favs are that one, As Long As I Fall, Paint A New World, The Bells Of The Seven Hells, I.M.E., and Heaven Tells No Lies.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 7:00 pm

"Can Do It" is total Andrew WK worship! Haha!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 10:20 pm

I have had this album for awhile now and it never gets too far from my player. It is still really enjoyable and keeps my interest. I will say the beginning songs are better than the later ones but as a whole cd it rocks!! I got the legacy out again and it is not as bad as I remember it being. There are some memorable stuff but i think it would have been better being a single cd and having revolution on it...

Alex

Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 5:30 am

Eyesore wrote:
It really is. Understandably, it's one of my favourite tracks.

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:38 pm

Smindas wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
You know I'm a big fan, too. So I think it's cool. They should get him to do guest vocals on it if they ever tour NY again. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Smindas wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
You know I'm a big fan, too. So I think it's cool. They should get him to do guest vocals on it if they ever tour NY again. Haha.
Of course I know you are. You're the only person I know (other than myself) with Party Til You Puke on CD ;P And yes, that would be an amazing concert right there. Perhaps even better than the time Marty Friedman joined AWK in Japan.

I'm such a fanboy.

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 3:33 am

Yet another awesome CD from one of the greatest bands of all time.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 9:01 pm

Check this out. Looks like they will be re-releasing this album as a special tour edition with some extra songs. Funny thing is though they still did no include the song We Unite on it. I'll be picking this up just cause its helloween.

http://www.amazon.com/Gambling-Devil-Special-Ed-Helloween/dp/tracks/B001EKH094/ref=dp_tracks_all_1/103-6971342-3405458#disc_1

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 9:04 pm

I'm a little tired of this rerelease, tour edition, collector's edition crap that record labels are doing today. But I'd buy it if it were an Alice Cooper disc, so I understand why you gotta have it, PRD.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 9:20 pm

Im sick of it too. I usually dont buy them unless I already dont own them or I really like the band.

BTW Phoenix Reign is re releasing Destination Unknown also as a limited 2 cd tour edition. The second cd is going to have the whole album remixed but it plays backwards. There will also be a hidden track but its so hidden you'll never find it.

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 9:35 pm

I'm all over the PR reissue. Can Theresa spray some perfume on my copy? Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Helloween - Gambling With The Devil
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next