Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Helloween

Go down 
+11
Gilbert
kmorg
Dave the Boss
mc666
stepcousin
Fat Freddy
A Handful of Wayne
the sentinel
Defender71
bgast1
Metallic Blaze
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Helloween Empty
PostSubject: Helloween   Helloween Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 5:40 pm

I really like these guys. I don't have all their albums, but out of the 4 I have, they can basically do no wrong.

I have mostly their early stuff.

What do you guys think about this band?

My favorite album is "Pink Bubbles Go Ape". It seems that many don't like that one (but I think it's because they never gave it much of a chance due to the name being so silly).

Also, what do you guys think of their first two with Kai Hansen singing? I love his vocals on "Walls of Jericho", though "Helloween EP" was a little dull.

I wonder why they got a new singer, since "Walls of Jericho" sounded so good? I bet if Kai had stayed on vocals both "Keepers" albums would have been just as good, albeit different.

Anyway ... can we discuss this band? Any fans?
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

Helloween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween   Helloween Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 6:04 pm

Uh Oh!....There was another thread around here where a few of us, not many certainly a minority didn't like Helloween. I, myself am glad to hear (or read) that you like Helloween as much as I do. Oh by the way, I believe Kmorg said that it was a ban able offense for anyone that doesn't like Helloween. Helloween 457229
Back to top Go down
Defender71
Metal novice
Metal novice
Defender71

Number of posts : 11

Helloween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween   Helloween Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 6:28 pm

helloween is a great band and I have all their albums. my favorite is the Dark Ride. my least favorite though is Pink Bubbles Go Ape. i dont know..Heavy Metal Hamsters? lost in translation maybe...Kai Hansen is Gamma Ray's frontman and it is like having two Helloweens out there. he has a great, one of a kind voice. that is what was great about metal bands from the 80s. most had distinctive vocalists. and all three of Helloween's singers were no exception. they thankfully are still going strong and am looking forward to their next one Helloween Halford
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Helloween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween   Helloween Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 7:08 pm

I have said before that I absolutely love Helloween. And it's still true. I also like a lot of KH's other stuff too. I read somewhere, long ago, that they got Kiske as a singer b/c Hansen was having trouble singing and playing guitar live at the same time. My faves: Keepers 1 and 2; Master of the Rings; Walls of Jericho; Better Than Raw; Gambling w/the Devil. Peace.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Helloween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween   Helloween Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 7:29 pm

I wrote up about their whole discography right here

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/the-complete-works-f17/helloween-discography-t10087.htm

Kai left because he wanted to concentrate on playing guitar. Helloween is my favorite band so they have never done any wrong to my ears. Even with Pink Bubbles and Chameleon theres something I like on those albums. Also to me I believe they are one of the few bands where they haven't really repeated themselves. They always seem to come up with something new that they haven't done before. I never get bored with them.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

Helloween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween   Helloween Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 10:10 pm

Love'em. Always have, always will. Great band.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Helloween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween   Helloween Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 10:18 pm

Cool! I had a feeling there were a lot of fans of this great band here!

Out of the ones I have:

1. Pink Bubbles Go Ape
2. Walls of Jericho
3. Keeper of the Seven Keys: Pt. 2
4. Helloween EP
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

Helloween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween   Helloween Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 2:40 am

Pink Bubbles is really not that bad, it has some great moments but it's not the worst, that distinction would go to Chameleon. I dig old Helloween alot, especially the 80's stuff and even more so the very early stuff when KH did vocal duties.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Helloween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween   Helloween Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 3:31 am

damn... the pink bubbles really get this much love?

Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

Helloween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween   Helloween Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 5:36 am

I like the Halloween EP best. That's probably my favorite speed metal recording of all time. Killer all the way through. Walls Of Jericho and two Keepers albums are great too. The rest... nah.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Helloween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween   Helloween Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 8:13 am

Never seen anyone rank Pink Bubble as their favorite! Very Happy I like the album, always have, but it is absolutely not their best!

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

Helloween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween   Helloween Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 8:38 am

This is one of my favorite bands. Quite a unique style. And gambling with the devil was an excellent delivery. I can't wait for their next release. I hope it's not far Helloween 877540
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6328

Helloween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween   Helloween Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 8:43 am

Here's how I'd rank the albums:

1. Keeper of the Seven Keys II
2. Keeper of the Seven Keys I
3. Walls of Jericho
4. Better than Raw
5. Gambling with the Devil
6. The Time of the Oath
7. The Dark Ride
8. Rabbit Don't Come Easy
9. Master of the Rings
10. Keeper of the Seven Keys - the Legacy

Those are all I have. All of them are real good though, and ranking all the Deris era albums behind the first three is a bit misleading.
Back to top Go down

Helloween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween   Helloween Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 12:50 pm

You really need to get more of their stuff M-blaze. Better Than Raw and Gambling With The Devil are amazing albums and all their stuff is great. Deris is one of my favorited singers.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Helloween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween   Helloween Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 7:58 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
You really need to get more of their stuff M-blaze. Better Than Raw and Gambling With The Devil are amazing albums and all their stuff is great. Deris is one of my favorited singers.

I know I do. I'm fairly new to this band though. I plan to get it ALLL eventually!!!

what album should I get next? I was thinking of picking up Keepers Pt. 1. Is that a good next step?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

Helloween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween   Helloween Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 3:42 am

what album should I get next? I was thinking of picking up Keepers Pt. 1. Is that a good next step?[/quote]

Just buy the whole dicography Helloween 918552
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6328

Helloween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween   Helloween Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 5:45 pm

Well, the first Keepers album is a classic and you can't go wrong there. But at some point definitely pick up a Deris-era album. Better than Raw is awesome. But the new one, Gambling with the Devil, is just as good a place to start.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Helloween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween   Helloween Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 6:08 pm

CHAMALEON is the worse HELLOWEEN album in my opinion. PINK BUBBLES GO APE have some good songs but some are strange for HELLOWEEN. I have everthing they released incluiding most of their maxis but my fave will always be their first mini lp, first lp and the keepers albums. MASTER OF THE RING is good too and GAMBLING WITH THE DEVIL was a great album, but DARK RIDE and RABBIT DONT COME EASY are not very good.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Helloween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween   Helloween Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 6:18 pm

krokus wrote:
CHAMALEON is the worse HELLOWEEN album in my opinion. PINK BUBBLES GO APE have some good songs but some are strange for HELLOWEEN. I have everthing they released incluiding most of their maxis but my fave will always be their first mini lp, first lp and the keepers albums. MASTER OF THE RING is good too and GAMBLING WITH THE DEVIL was a great album, but DARK RIDE and RABBIT DONT COME EASY are not very good.
i agree with Chameleon being their worst, but i disagree about The Dark Ride. i love that album. it's probably my favorite Helloween.

krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Helloween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween   Helloween Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 6:21 pm

mc666 wrote:
krokus wrote:
i agree with Chameleon being their worst, but i disagree about The Dark Ride. i love that album. it's probably my favorite Helloween.

imo it have some okay songs like IF I COULD FLY for exemple, also great live but some other i never realy got into. I think MASTER OF THE RINGS, or THE TIME OF THE OATH are better then THE DARK RIDE.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Helloween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween   Helloween Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 7:53 pm

I think I will order "Keepers of the Seven Keys: Pt 1" tomorrow from Amazon. This way I'll have all their early albums!

Believe me, I plan on eventually getting everything! One album at a time though ...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Helloween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween   Helloween Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 7:55 pm

I was quite surprised at how good Gambling With The Devil Is.

Helloween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween   Helloween Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 10:43 pm

I think Gambling will blow you away.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

Helloween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween   Helloween Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 11:14 pm

krokus wrote:
CHAMALEON is the worse HELLOWEEN album in my opinion.

CHAMELEON is not just the worst Helloween album, it is one of the absolute worst albums in the history of recorded music. Helloween Puke

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Helloween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween   Helloween Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 11:44 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
krokus wrote:
CHAMALEON is the worse HELLOWEEN album in my opinion.

CHAMELEON is not just the worst Helloween album, it is one of the absolute worst albums in the history of recorded music. Helloween Puke

I hope you both get turned into a half priced pumpkins for saying such things! You should both be ashamed. Helloween Angry

Helloween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween   Helloween Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Helloween
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next