Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Helloween - Gambling With The Devil

Go down 
+26
EvyMetal
exact33
MetalGuy71
nevermore
iamrockerfun
DallasBlack
bgast1
journeyman
kmorg
romeolimagolf
Smindas
GrandNational
Wargod
krokus
KissinMaiden
Invader
SideShowDisaSter
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
arttieTHE1manparty
scottmitchell74
spiritoradio
INVADERS
mc666
candlemass
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 5:01 pm

i can't wait on tour. this year in December.
wanna see 'em both alive.
4hrs show
Gamma w Helloween
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 5:31 pm

I heard the song Kill It on XM Radio. I was quite impressed with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 4:44 pm

So I picked up the 2CD edition today. Anyone figure out the riddle? I don't want to know the answer, so don't post it. I'm just curious to know if anyone figured it out. I think I understand the riddle, but can't find the answer.

Either way, great album! And the two bonus tracks are killer! Now I hope they put "We Unite" on a future single or something, so I don't have to settle for a downloaded MP3 (I'm not buying another import!).
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 11:03 am

What is the riddle? Do you have to purchase the cd or is it something from their website?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 2:23 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
What is the riddle? Do you have to purchase the cd or is it something from their website?
Originally it was going to just be offered to those who bought the limited edition, but I guess there's some law that prohibits a contest being available only for a select few. So if you go to there website you can "scratch" the numbers (777) and read the riddle.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 4:36 pm

Looking forward to this one!! The art is growing on me!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 6:25 am

The new album is totally awesome! Way better than Keepers 3 and the aweful Rabbit album. This is Helloween in good shape!

I figured out the number even before "scratching" they grey areas on the website (would never think of scratching the paper that came in the CD), but I can't seem to figure out the word.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 7:41 am

See The Night, one of the bonus tracks ob the Limited Edition is one of the best songs they have ever released!!!!!

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 8:37 am

kmorg wrote:
The new album is totally awesome! Way better than Keepers 3 and the aweful Rabbit album. This is Helloween in good shape!

It is without a doubt the album I have planned for my next purchase. I really liked Rabbit Don't Come Easy, so if it is way better than that, then I want it even more (I'll have to order it seeing as none of the places I usually go to seem to carry it). There is no doubt that Helloween is one of my all time favorite bands.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 3:24 pm

kmorg wrote:

I figured out the number even before "scratching" they grey areas on the website (would never think of scratching the paper that came in the CD), but I can't seem to figure out the word.
Man, Rabbit gets no love. I think it blows awar The Dark Ride. I'm not why so many people dislike this album. And I still think Keeper III is the best Helloween album to date.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 4:18 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
It is without a doubt the album I have planned for my next purchase. I really liked Rabbit Don't Come Easy, so if it is way better than that, then I want it even more (I'll have to order it seeing as none of the places I usually go to seem to carry it). There is no doubt that Helloween is one of my all time favorite bands.

Well, second to next. Sold some CDs to Movie Trading Company (I needed some money) and got more than I expected so I went to Best Buy to see if they finally had it. Should have realized Best Buy would disappoint me, so I got the new Within Temptation CD instead. When I get paid towards the end of this month I will get this one for sure. I have yet to hear a Helloween CD with Deris that has disappointed me yet (keep in mind I never had Master Of The Rings, but I'm sure I'd like it).
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 6:45 pm

Quote :
Man, Rabbit gets no love. I think it blows awar The Dark Ride.

I won't say this - I like them both lots! But I agree Rabbit is underrated....very catchy and melodic....
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 7:04 pm

I love the darker side of helloween a la Dark ride and now Gambling. I thought rabbit had a couple of good songs but sounded generic to me. I really like deris as a singer and thought his debut on master of the rings was fantastic...

Alex

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 10:33 am

This album frickin' rules. Just heard it last night and probably tonight as well. I liked Keeper The Legacy but felt it was the weakest of the Deris albums, this more than makes up for it. My favorite is still a tie between Time Of The Oath and Better Than Raw but this is VERY close (beats out Dark Ride and Rabbit, two albums I love). Most definatly the heaviest Helloween album I can recall (heaviest song IMO is The Bells Of The Seven Hells) and more than ever Deris is reminding me of Kai Hansen (especially on Kill It, the high pitched shriek). It was not enough to take Nightwish out of my #1 spot (the only album with the potential to do that would be the new Allen-Lande album) nor The Showdown out of #2 but it is definatly #3 on my list.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 11:23 am

I cannot stop wanting to play this album. If I hadn't finalized my list I would be VERY tempted to have this tie with the new Nightwish in first place or with The Showdown in 2nd place. The more I listen the more I like. My favorite songs are As Long As I Fall, I Paint A New World, and Can Do It (I like the the happy power songs and Helloween is the best: Rise & Fall, Lavdate Dominvm, etc.). Eversong is good though and the heaviest is a tie between The Bells Of The Seven Hells and Kill It. headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 11:43 am

Eyesore wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Man, Rabbit gets no love. I think it blows awar The Dark Ride. I'm not why so many people dislike this album. And I still think Keeper III is the best Helloween album to date.

Nothing blows away The Dark Ride, it IS their best! 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 11:54 am

candlemass wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
kmorg wrote:

In YOUR opinion (and some other's), that is.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 2:08 pm

I hope to pick this up later today.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 4:24 pm

alrigjht, so whats the riddle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 4:40 pm

candlemass wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
kmorg wrote:

I said it "blows awar" The Dark Ride. There's a difference.
thinking

Anyway, I think The Dark Ride is overrated, but not as overrated as Keeper I and II.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 4:41 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
Buy the album. =)
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 4:45 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Hoooooly cow! That song "Kill It" is the heaviest thing Helloween has done in a while! Does the rest of the album continue with that kinda pace? Nice to see the SPEED back in the Helloween sound again! KEEPER III was a little too slow moving for me. This song has a "Better Than Raw" style vibe to it. Me like!
I think "Kill It" is the fastest and heaviest song Helloween has ever done, honestly. I can't think of a song that's as heavy. "Push" is close. As for the rest of the album, it's not as fast as "Kill It." I don't think there are any more surpises on the album for a seasoned Helloween fan, but it is a great album.

JUDAS is also a very fast and heavy song. Still, KILL IT must be the heaviest HELLOWEEN song with ANDI DERIS, i agree.
And i like to give this message to all ex-HELLOWEEN fans(the ones that lost their fate in this band):BUY OR DIE!!!!!
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 4:51 pm

I think Escelation 666 is pretty heavy, I know some think the faster and thrashier a song is, that makes it heavy, I do not concur, Sabbath was, and still is, one of the "heaviest" bands on "Earth". 🤘 .....pun intended!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 4:53 pm

krokus wrote:

JUDAS is also a very fast and heavy song. Still, KILL IT must be the heaviest HELLOWEEN song with ANDI DERIS

At the very least, it's their fastest/heaviest song since "Push" (off of BETTER THAN RAW)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 1:32 am

Eyesore wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:
Buy the album. =)

I do have the album, the 2cd edition with the scratch card. I got it the day it came out. And i can't figure out the riddle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Helloween - Gambling With The Devil
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next