Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Helloween Unarmed

Go down 
+6
Smindas
exact33
7thSaviour
A Handful of Wayne
Fat Freddy
bgast1
10 posters
AuthorMessage
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

Helloween Unarmed Empty
PostSubject: Helloween Unarmed   Helloween Unarmed Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 11:48 am

Anybody heard any of this yet? What do you think? I am pretty sure I will pick it up when it comes out in the U.S..
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

Helloween Unarmed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween Unarmed   Helloween Unarmed Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 11:51 am

Quite an animated discussion about it awhile back right here...

http://www.heartofmetal.net/heart-of-metal-f1/helloween-to-release-unarmed-best-of-25th-anniversary-in-december-t11171.htm?highlight=helloween

As for me, I'm as big a Helloween fan as anybody but based on the samples I've heard from UNARMED, I am going to pass. Sounds like it's gonna be godawfully goofy.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Helloween Unarmed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween Unarmed   Helloween Unarmed Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 11:52 am

I'm with FF here. How about just giving us some new stuff?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Helloween Unarmed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween Unarmed   Helloween Unarmed Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 11:55 am

This video was all I needed to see in order to decide "Uhhhh... nope."

"Dr. Stein" was never high on my list of Helloween favorites anyway, but I couldn't believe they found a way to make it EVEN MORE IRRITATING THAN THE ORIGINAL!!!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Helloween Unarmed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween Unarmed   Helloween Unarmed Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 12:03 pm

I'll go back and read the lively discussion. But I liked that video. Helloween Unarmed Icon_smile I've heard some more of it. It isn't metal at all. But I enjoyed what I heard.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Helloween Unarmed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween Unarmed   Helloween Unarmed Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 12:30 pm

Helloween is my favorite band ever and this will probably be my least listened to album of theirs. If they would have just done plain acoustic version I think it would have been better but some things are just a little too over the top. Some things are great like Eagle Fly Free I think is awesome but then theres others I just don't like. The Keeper Trilogy thing was a good idea but I wish they would have just added the guitars to it instead of just drums and the orchestra. Its an ok album, If you like Helloween Id say get it but be warned its not like their usual albums and if you don;t already have something by them dont start with this one.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

Helloween Unarmed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween Unarmed   Helloween Unarmed Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 12:32 pm

I have no plans to get this album EVER! Helloween Unarmed 875605
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Helloween Unarmed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween Unarmed   Helloween Unarmed Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 4:54 pm

I agree, certainly not an album to get aquainted with Helloween. But for some of us, we like something other than metal once in a great while for a change. I think they have done a good job with some of the songs. I also agree that it would probably be the least listened to album by them, but it would still get some spins every now and then.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Helloween Unarmed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween Unarmed   Helloween Unarmed Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 5:01 pm

Ill continue to pass on this album. I too believe a more fitting 25th anniversary gift would have been new material or a cd set of ALL the b-sides the band has amassed.

Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Helloween Unarmed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween Unarmed   Helloween Unarmed Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 5:02 pm

It's silly, but it's good fun. Definitely worth a few listens.

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6327

Helloween Unarmed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween Unarmed   Helloween Unarmed Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 6:16 pm

I didn't hear any of it, nor do I have plans on getting it (though I love Deris era Helloween). But that video Freddy posted is great. Sounds like the Police doing Helloween. Very... interesting. I think I like it!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Helloween Unarmed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween Unarmed   Helloween Unarmed Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 11:03 pm

bgast1 wrote:
But I liked that video.

I liked the hot girls playing saxophones in the video. That was about it. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

Helloween Unarmed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween Unarmed   Helloween Unarmed Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 6:09 am

I'm a huge Helloween fan. But this is very very very bad...

I'd rather wait for their new album, and i hope it's a damn good one.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Helloween Unarmed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween Unarmed   Helloween Unarmed Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 9:01 am

exact33 wrote:
Ill continue to pass on this album. I too believe a more fitting 25th anniversary gift would have been new material or a cd set of ALL the b-sides the band has amassed.

I can see why they wouldn't release all the b-sides since they just released all their albums up to Better Than Raw expanded and then they also released that singles box set. I'm sure the second half of that will be out soon. They could have just re-recorded them with how they sound now. A lot of the remixes they did for that Treasure Chest best of were really good.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Helloween Unarmed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween Unarmed   Helloween Unarmed Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 2:17 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
exact33 wrote:

I can see why they wouldn't release all the b-sides since they just released all their albums up to Better Than Raw expanded and then they also released that singles box set. I'm sure the second half of that will be out soon. They could have just re-recorded them with how they sound now. A lot of the remixes they did for that Treasure Chest best of were really good.

I can see your point but I would love to have all the singles in one box set. There are some stuff floating around post-Better than Raw that would make a nice addition.

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

Helloween Unarmed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween Unarmed   Helloween Unarmed Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 2:46 pm

Is there some special box for helloween around?
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

Helloween Unarmed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween Unarmed   Helloween Unarmed Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 3:57 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
This video was all I needed to see in order to decide "Uhhhh... nope."

"Dr. Stein" was never high on my list of Helloween favorites anyway, but I couldn't believe they found a way to make it EVEN MORE IRRITATING THAN THE ORIGINAL!!!!!

Call me a moron, but I think that's actually pretty neat. Sure, it's retarded as all hell, but at least it's fun.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Helloween Unarmed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween Unarmed   Helloween Unarmed Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 4:47 pm

I agree with Dave and Bgast. This isn't that bad. It's all in good fun.

I'll buy this album ... although at present, it's not a top priority.
Back to top Go down

Helloween Unarmed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween Unarmed   Helloween Unarmed Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 8:44 pm

It's kind of fun but not something I want to listen to more then once or twice, and I love Helloween.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Helloween Unarmed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween Unarmed   Helloween Unarmed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Helloween Unarmed
Page 1 of 1