Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Helloween - Gambling With The Devil

Go down 
+26
EvyMetal
exact33
MetalGuy71
nevermore
iamrockerfun
DallasBlack
bgast1
journeyman
kmorg
romeolimagolf
Smindas
GrandNational
Wargod
krokus
KissinMaiden
Invader
SideShowDisaSter
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
arttieTHE1manparty
scottmitchell74
spiritoradio
INVADERS
mc666
candlemass
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 5:39 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Based on what you say Eyesore this goes onto the 'must have' list!
For a Helloween fan? Most definitely.
Back to top Go down
romeolimagolf
Metal student
Metal student
romeolimagolf

Number of posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 5:55 pm

It has leaked. I'm listenig to it now. So far so good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 6:03 pm

romeolimagolf wrote:
It has leaked. I'm listenig to it now. So far so good.
Well, that was frickin' quick. Pathetic.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 6:05 pm

Wow, listening to the Kill It track you posted right now Eyesore. Damn impressed! I haven't cared for Helloween very much for a LOOOOOONNNNGGGGG time, but this sounds pretty good.

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 6:10 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Wow, listening to the Kill It track you posted right now Eyesore. Damn impressed! I haven't cared for Helloween very much for a LOOOOOONNNNGGGGG time, but this sounds pretty good.
Yeah, it kind of makes you wish they did a whole album like that, huh? That black metal rasp in the middle caught me by surprise, too!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 4:54 am

Thanks for the track, Eyesore. I was about to come in here saying bad stuff about the cover, the album titles and the last Helloween album. But that track was so cool, I'm not gonna!
Wink

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 9:57 am

Wow great cd best in years a top 10 for me! This is how Helloween should sound!

Wargod48

NP: Helloween - Gamble With The Devil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 10:49 am

Wargod48 wrote:
Wow great cd best in years a top 10 for me! This is how Helloween should sound!
I still think Keeper III is their best album to date. Crazy, I know! I've heard it all before. Haha. This album does have that one song that's a bit out there. This time it's "Can Do It." The song has an Andrew W.K. sound to it. Haha.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 10:55 am

Haven't heard them since keeper pt.1...(sold it years ago along with my entire collection) I'm looking for new stuff, so I'll try it.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 11:04 am

Eyesore wrote:
This time it's "Can Do It." The song has an Andrew W.K. sound to it. Haha.

*immediately gets a hold of album*

;P

Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 4:49 pm

I'm gonna have to get this one. Maybe put a preorder in on it. I read somewhere on one of the postings here that some of you don't like CD-Inzane. I have never had a problem with them, they have always been prompt. Sometimes the price seems just a tad high on some stuff though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 5:10 pm

bgast1 wrote:
I'm gonna have to get this one. Maybe put a preorder in on it. I read somewhere on one of the postings here that some of you don't like CD-Inzane. I have never had a problem with them, they have always been prompt. Sometimes the price seems just a tad high on some stuff though.
That was me. I order from them, but never with any confidence. I've always gotten something from them, but have never been satisfied with their service.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 5:15 pm

Not interested. I haven't cared much for them after the original Keepers came out. I bought the Keeper Legacy disc with high hopes that didn't get satisfied. It's not bad, it just kinda sounds like alot of other bands in the genre to me.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 6:22 pm

CD Inzane has a great online store but there mail order is caterpiller service slow as hell. Took 2 weeks to get an order but I did get a cd that I ordered like 4 days prior along with that one, weird!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 10:40 pm

Hoooooly cow! That song "Kill It" is the heaviest thing Helloween has done in a while! Does the rest of the album continue with that kinda pace? Nice to see the SPEED back in the Helloween sound again! KEEPER III was a little too slow moving for me. This song has a "Better Than Raw" style vibe to it. Me like!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 10:44 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Hoooooly cow! That song "Kill It" is the heaviest thing Helloween has done in a while! Does the rest of the album continue with that kinda pace? Nice to see the SPEED back in the Helloween sound again! KEEPER III was a little too slow moving for me. This song has a "Better Than Raw" style vibe to it. Me like!
I think "Kill It" is the fastest and heaviest song Helloween has ever done, honestly. I can't think of a song that's as heavy. "Push" is close. As for the rest of the album, it's not as fast as "Kill It." I don't think there are any more surpises on the album for a seasoned Helloween fan, but it is a great album.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 10:46 pm

Eyesore wrote:

I think "Kill It" is the fastest and heaviest song Helloween has ever done, honestly. I can't think of a song that's as heavy. "Push" is close.

Yea, I was reminded a bit of "Push" too (especially with the high pitched vox at the beginning)... maybe a touch of "Liar" (off RABBIT DON'T COME EASY) as well...either way, I am all over that CD as soon as it hits the stores. I'm a Helloween diehard. 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 10:51 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I'm a Helloween diehard. 🤘
Hansen era?
Hansen/Kiske era?
Kiske era?
Deris era?

Just curious. I think the Deris era is the best.
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 11:23 pm

I listened to the first song "Kill It", i think that's what it's called.......and loved it, i definately have to get this.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 12:58 am

it's a great album for sure!

Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 5:40 am

After listening to the album a couple of times, I'm pleasantly surprised with how brilliant it is. Keepers III at some really strong moments, but I felt there was a bit too much filler. But Gambling with the Devil seems to consist of only strong songs, with the typical Helloween sing-a-long anthemic quality. Great stuff, for sure.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 8:56 am

Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
I'm a Helloween diehard. 🤘
Hansen era?
Hansen/Kiske era?
Kiske era?
Deris era?

Just curious. I think the Deris era is the best.

I've been listening to 'em since the Hansen era so I like pretty much all of it. Of course the first two Kiske albums (KEEPER I and II) were fantastic, but they started to get a little weird towards the end of Kiske's tenure (i.e. PINK BUBBLES and CHAMELEON), so to be honest I was kinda glad to see him go.

Deris has been there the longest and hasn't really done a bad album with the band so I'd have to agree, his era is some of their finest work. 🤘
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 2:33 pm

Helloween's new video from GAMBLING WITH THE DEVIL, "As Long As I Fall" has made it to YouTube 🤘

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f70FohmxHM4
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 3:05 pm

The Kill It link has expired so I don't know what it sounds like. However, I've been a big fan of the Deris era Helloween for almost ten years now so I'm sure I won't be disappointed with it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 3:14 pm

I'll get this for sure. I love all Helloween (every era) so I know I won't be disappointed in it (and from the sounds of it,I have no need to worry)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Helloween - Gambling With The Devil
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next