Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Helloween - Gambling With The Devil

Go down 
+26
EvyMetal
exact33
MetalGuy71
nevermore
iamrockerfun
DallasBlack
bgast1
journeyman
kmorg
romeolimagolf
Smindas
GrandNational
Wargod
krokus
KissinMaiden
Invader
SideShowDisaSter
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
arttieTHE1manparty
scottmitchell74
spiritoradio
INVADERS
mc666
candlemass
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage

Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 12:14 am

i bought two copies of the us special edition. looking for the japan bonus track We Unite. anyone have this song?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 1:01 am

DallasBlack wrote:
As much as I love GWTD (my #3 album last year), I am not going to buy it again for just two songs. I guess I'm just not as serious as a collector as some of you guys.
I'm a serious collector and I'm not even buying it. Piss on those turds. I'll download the bonus cuts. I'm going new school on bonus tracks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 12:52 pm

So by new school you mean, *wink wink*, free downloading?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 12:57 pm

Nazgul wrote:
Pretty much. Haha. I just don't have the money to be spending $30 to $40 for one song. If there's a bonus disc with a bunch of extra tracks, I'd probably do it. But one song? Not anymore. I can't.

Plus, now that I have an MP3 player and am about to buy a 1TB external drive, a few rogue MP3s that have no CD counterpart won't bug me so much. I'll never go full digital, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 12:59 pm

That's what they all say. It's a slippery slope my friend.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 1:24 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Nazgul wrote:
Pretty much. Haha. I just don't have the money to be spending $30 to $40 for one song. If there's a bonus disc with a bunch of extra tracks, I'd probably do it. But one song? Not anymore. I can't.

Plus, now that I have an MP3 player and am about to buy a 1TB external drive, a few rogue MP3s that have no CD counterpart won't bug me so much. I'll never go full digital, though.

Im the same way. The only band I will spend a little extra money on is Helloween otherwise everyone else I can just download the stuff. Everything goes on my ipod anyway so half the time my cds havent been used more than a few times.

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 7:01 pm

I've been doing a lot of revisiting of these guys lately. So are they the ultimate power metal band? They sure have influence a lot of bands and I love almost everything they've done. At some point they've done almost all the styles of power metal, straight ahead, symphonic, european and they do them all well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 7:25 pm

And the weird, with Pink Bubbles Go Ape and Chameleon. Even those albums, while extremely different, are pretty good.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 8:08 pm

Nazgul wrote:
I've been doing a lot of revisiting of these guys lately. So are they the ultimate power metal band? They sure have influence a lot of bands and I love almost everything they've done. At some point they've done almost all the styles of power metal, straight ahead, symphonic, european and they do them all well.

Its Helloween! You cant really go wrong with their albums. You'll like something from each. Like Eyesore said even Pink Bubbles and Chameleon even though they are much different from the others they are still great albums.

The funny thing about Helloween is they are linked to so many other bands in so many different ways. mostly because of all the people that have been in and out of that band. So to listen to other bands that were influenced by them its crazy not to own their stuff.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 10:49 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
The funny thing about Helloween is they are linked to so many other bands in so many different ways. mostly because of all the people that have been in and out of that band. So to listen to other bands that were influenced by them its crazy not to own their stuff.

Just to name a few:

Gamma Ray (Kai Hansen)
Masterplan (Roland Grapow/Ulrich Kusch)
Avantasia (Markus Grosskopf)
Freedom Call (Sascha Gerstner)
Beautiful Sin (Ulrich Kusch)
Pink Cream 69 (Andi Deris)
Blaze Bayley (Daniel Löble-touring drummer)
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 11:38 pm

Quote :
And the weird, with Pink Bubbles Go Ape and Chameleon. Even those albums, while extremely different, are pretty good.

Chameleon is the closest I get to not liking an album by them and even it has some good songs. Just not up to their other stuff.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 3:14 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

Just to name a few:

Gamma Ray (Kai Hansen)
Masterplan (Roland Grapow/Ulrich Kusch)
Avantasia (Markus Grosskopf)
Freedom Call (Sascha Gerstner)
Beautiful Sin (Ulrich Kusch)
Pink Cream 69 (Andi Deris)
Blaze Bayley (Daniel Löble-touring drummer)

This list can go on and on haha. I didnt know Daniel was touring drummer with Blaze. Thats something new.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 9:23 pm

I grabbed this a few weeks ago (2 disc spec. ed.) and finally got around to listening to it tonight. Friggin' phenomenal. I really enjoyed this album and have had my love and interest for this band rekindled. This was my first exposure to anything Andi Deris had done with Helloween and I really like his voice. I wish I had gotten more of the Deris fronted Helloween earlier as I am now cranking Keeper Part 3 - The Legacy. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 3:08 am

What to say? Andi Deris rules. He's among the most talented vocalists ever. I think Helloween would be nothing without him.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 10:40 am

The man is truly talented as both singer and songwriter. 20 Years ago I couldn't imagine Helloween without Kiske at the helm, but given the musical direction he was trying to take the band in I am glad he was replaced by Deris. Off to get more Deris led Helloween albums. Peace.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 11:17 pm

the sentinel wrote:
The man is truly talented as both singer and songwriter. 20 Years ago I couldn't imagine Helloween without Kiske at the helm, but given the musical direction he was trying to take the band in I am glad he was replaced by Deris. Off to get more Deris led Helloween albums. Peace.

Call me crazy, but even though Keepr Pt. 2 is my favorite Helloween album, I actually prefer Andi's voice over Kiske. His voice just has a harder edge (although that's more likely due to his smoking habit) and is closer to Kai now (with Gamma Ray he is a much better vocalist than he was with Helloween). So my Helloween equation is:

Kai<Kiske<Deris (I like Kiske better than Kai but Deris better than Kiske)
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 7:59 am

Can anyone pass me a link for downloading Never Surrender please! I am from Bulgaria and this stuff is very hard to buy here. My e-mail is merlin74@gmail.com. Thanks in advance! Smile

PS: If anyone wants We Unite I could send it through mail... wma and mp3 only - no flac sorry Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling With The Devil   Helloween - Gambling With The Devil - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Helloween - Gambling With The Devil
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6