Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Helloween - Gambling with the Devil

Go down 
+6
candlemass
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
Thrasher73
Mglaffas81
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

Helloween - Gambling with the Devil Empty
PostSubject: Helloween - Gambling with the Devil   Helloween - Gambling with the Devil Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 6:39 pm

Relax everybody, this is NOT a Metallica-Thread! lol!

Hopefully all of you know, that Helloween's newest release is entitled "Gambling with the Devil". I have not been that impressed with Deris-era Helloween (all though, I really liked the third "Keepers" release, even though Kiske did not sing), but I checked some reviews, and every single one has been positive. www.metalreviews.com gave them raving reviews (90/100 !!).

So, what's your thoughts on the album? Should I buy it straight away? Or should I wait, till' I find a cheap copy in the used bins?

Cheers,

Gustav
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling with the Devil   Helloween - Gambling with the Devil Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 6:43 pm

I like it but its no masterpiece.If you're not impressed with Deris era then you should save your money.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling with the Devil   Helloween - Gambling with the Devil Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 6:48 pm

Haven't heard it yet,

but I'm just waiting for Eyesore's response to this.

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling with the Devil   Helloween - Gambling with the Devil Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 7:58 pm

I'm getting it for Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling with the Devil   Helloween - Gambling with the Devil Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 8:13 pm

Locky wrote:
Haven't heard it yet,

but I'm just waiting for Eyesore's response to this.

Yes, there will be an admonishment for this transgression ! Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling with the Devil   Helloween - Gambling with the Devil Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 8:27 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
Relax everybody, this is NOT a Metallica-Thread! lol!

Hopefully all of you know, that Helloween's newest release is entitled "Gambling with the Devil". I have not been that impressed with Deris-era Helloween (all though, I really liked the third "Keepers" release, even though Kiske did not sing), but I checked some reviews, and every single one has been positive. www.metalreviews.com gave them raving reviews (90/100 !!).

So, what's your thoughts on the album? Should I buy it straight away? Or should I wait, till' I find a cheap copy in the used bins?

Cheers,

Gustav
I'd rather a Metallica thread, I think.

http://www.heartofmetal.net/heart-of-metal-f1/helloween-gambling-with-the-devil-t1835.htm

EDIT: Screw you, Locky! lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling with the Devil   Helloween - Gambling with the Devil Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 10:35 pm

I liked it better than KEEPER OF THE SEVEN KEYS: THE LEGACY (weakest album of Deris' tenure IMO) but it's not as strong as THE DARK RIDE or BETTER THAN RAW (Andi's best Helloween stuff)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling with the Devil   Helloween - Gambling with the Devil Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 11:02 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I liked it better than KEEPER OF THE SEVEN KEYS: THE LEGACY (weakest album of Deris' tenure IMO) but it's not as strong as THE DARK RIDE or BETTER THAN RAW (Andi's best Helloween stuff)
Man, I think The Legacy is the best Helloween album to date! Haha.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling with the Devil   Helloween - Gambling with the Devil Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 11:03 pm

I love "The Dark Ride"! 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling with the Devil   Helloween - Gambling with the Devil Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 11:29 pm

I love this album. I listened to it at least 10 times the first week I got it.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling with the Devil   Helloween - Gambling with the Devil Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 12:28 am

it's ok, but the new Gamma Ray is better.

Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling with the Devil   Helloween - Gambling with the Devil Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 8:29 am

I liked it. One of their best albums, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling with the Devil   Helloween - Gambling with the Devil Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 8:37 am

Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

It's OK but it would be a lot better if it had been trimmed down a little. There was NO need for that thing to be a 2-CD set. If some of the longer songs were shortened by a minute or two it would've all fit on one CD and the whole thing would be more digestible.

Of course, that could just be my ADD talking. HEY! LET'S GO RIDE OUR BIKES!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling with the Devil   Helloween - Gambling with the Devil Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 3:57 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
It's OK but it would be a lot better if it had been trimmed down a little. There was NO need for that thing to be a 2-CD set. If some of the longer songs were shortened by a minute or two it would've all fit on one CD and the whole thing would be more digestible.

Of course, that could just be my ADD talking. HEY! LET'S GO RIDE OUR BIKES!
Hehe. A lot of people say that, but aside from "Born On Judgement Day," I wouldn't change a single song. I think they should have left "Born On Judgement Day" as a bonus track and put "Run (The Name Of Your Enemy)" in its place. Then the album would have been perfect in my mind.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling with the Devil   Helloween - Gambling with the Devil Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 4:07 pm

Okay, i have their new album and think its after MASTER OF THE RINGS the second best HELLOWEEN album with ANDI DERIS. Listen to me, buy it because its great!!!!!! and i have all HELLOWEEN releases. MAKE YOURSELF HAPPY AND BUY IT.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - Gambling with the Devil   Helloween - Gambling with the Devil Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Helloween - Gambling with the Devil
Page 1 of 1