Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...

Go down 
+24
vanillaviking
Wargod
nevermore
James B.
SpectreFate
ZombieHavoc
Olafsto
DallasBlack
Infinite
Gilbert
Big Rich
MetalGuy71
adrian
Leatherface
speed101
Eyesore
stormspell
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
A Handful of Wayne
mc666
Troublezone
ultmetal
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 3:46 am

The only Flotsam album that kinda sucks is Unnatural Selection. And that is mainly because of the production. The new album cover looks cool.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 9:19 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
If they are going back to "Drift" then this cover will be the best thing about it. I was a huge fan back in the day, and they totally lost me with that one. What a lousy album.

I've always found Drift to be quite enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 9:33 am

The cover looks like something Jon Oliva wouls use for one of his musical endeavors.

It also looks allegorical for the current state of the music industry, as opposed to the golden age/era ?

Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... - Page 4 Flotsamuglynoise

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 9:57 am

James B. wrote:
The cover looks like something Jon Oliva wouls use for one of his musical endeavors.

It also looks allegorical for the current state of the music industry, as opposed to the golden age/era ?

Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... - Page 4 Flotsamuglynoise

It needs more explosions and spikes.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 6:50 pm

The final guitar update! You DO NOT want to miss this blazing solo!

Wait for it...waaait for it...aaaaah.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 8:32 pm

I barely pay attention to the emails and out of all the videos they have posted thats probably the second one I watched. Just hurry up and finish it already and make it good.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 9:22 pm

The music in the background sounded pretty thrashy.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 4:12 pm

Two new clips:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=182696
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 4:41 pm

Sounds nice and melodic. But I hope they throw in a few fast songs to mix it up.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 5:57 am

I like it. AK still sounds strong. Reuniting with some of the original members maybe breathed new life into the band.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 3:37 pm

They haven't done themselves any favors during this campaign. Not a single one of their video updates excited me.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 3:48 pm

Mike Gilbert is kinda telling you what to expect when he says this new album is like a follow-up to "Drift".

There will be belly-aching and complaints about this album just as with every album since "Cuatro", but I would bet that to us long time fans it will be fine, those longing for 1988 it will not. Personally, I've enjoyed everything in their catalogue to some extent.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 4:46 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Mike Gilbert is kinda telling you what to expect when he says this new album is like a follow-up to "Drift".

There will be belly-aching and complaints about this album just as with every album since "Cuatro", but I would bet that to us long time fans it will be fine, those longing for 1988 it will not. Personally, I've enjoyed everything in their catalogue to some extent.

I'm with you on this. I really look forward to this.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 5:27 pm

while some albums are better than others, F&J have never put out a complete stinker.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 7:20 pm

mc666 wrote:
while some albums are better than others, F&J have never put out a complete stinker.

Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... - Page 4 11840

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 10:14 am

mc666 wrote:

I can agree with this. I'm probably in the minority on this one, but I happen to prefer their latter, more groove-ladden material over their all-out thrashier beginnings. But all of their albums have some redeeming qualities. I would expect this new album to be no different.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 10:22 am

What is really sad (IMHDO)

Is most folks only know this band as the group Metallica's "new" bass player came from and they did a cover of an Elton tune.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 12:33 pm

James B. wrote:

Is most folks only know this band as the group Metallica's "new" bass player came from and they did a cover of an Elton tune.

Yeah, but at least those facts (moreso the former than the latter) converted some of us into F&J fans. The former of those, coupled with the music video for Wading Through The Darkness is what brought me into the camp.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 2:13 pm

James B. wrote:

Too true. I always thought their name kinda held them back a bit as well. Coming onto the scene with contemporaries with cool names like Megadeth, Anthrax, Overkill, Death Angel, etc, naming yourselves after garbage that washes up on shore may have been a slight misstep. Not to mention, folks may have thought they were a singing couple, like Sonny & Cher or Captain & Tenielle. Just sayin'.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 2:24 pm

Doomsday for the Deceiver will always be their best IMO. Sometimes history just cannot be repeated.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 4:47 pm

Something is paying off for the band. They are going to head out on tour with Testament, Overkill and 4 Arm early next year.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 5:29 pm

nevermore wrote:
Something is paying off for the band. They are going to head out on tour with Testament, Overkill and 4 Arm early next year.
Wow this is amazing news! I've been dying to see them live and this tour is coming here!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 7:25 pm

nevermore wrote:

That's a great lineup! Can't wait. headbanger
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 8:08 pm

Who the heck is 4 Arm?

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 8:10 pm

Troublezone wrote:
nevermore wrote:

That's a great lineup! Can't wait. headbanger

Indeed. However, unless I can get a job soon that doesn't involve OTR truck driving I will have to miss out. Sad

I'm still hoping I get a knock on the door from Publishers Clearing House on Friday...
thinking
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next