Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MB's album of the day 12/2. Flotsam and Jetsam ~ High

Go down 
+4
Troublezone
ultmetal
DeathCult
Metallic Blaze
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

MB's album of the day 12/2. Flotsam and Jetsam ~ High Empty
PostSubject: MB's album of the day 12/2. Flotsam and Jetsam ~ High   MB's album of the day 12/2. Flotsam and Jetsam ~ High Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 7:31 pm

MB's album of the day 12/2. Flotsam and Jetsam ~ High 4341

I know that most fans of this band don't consider this to be one of their best albums, but I really like it. It's a very solid, melodic slab of thrash with lots of power influences in it.

Any other fans? Haters?

Last edited by Metallic Blaze on Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/2. Flotsam and Jetsam ~ High   MB's album of the day 12/2. Flotsam and Jetsam ~ High Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 8:32 pm

I think it's a veritable steaming pile of crap. Actually being high doesnt even make it better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/2. Flotsam and Jetsam ~ High   MB's album of the day 12/2. Flotsam and Jetsam ~ High Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 10:08 pm

DeathCult wrote:
I think it's a veritable steaming pile of crap. Actually being high doesnt even make it better.

Hmm I wonder why you don't like it? I know the production isn't that great. I guess I can overlook that though. For me it's a pretty good album. Flotsam and Jetsam never was a top favorite band of mine. But I do find quite a bit to enjoy with this one.

Some great guitar on it.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/2. Flotsam and Jetsam ~ High   MB's album of the day 12/2. Flotsam and Jetsam ~ High Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 10:27 pm

I like it.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/2. Flotsam and Jetsam ~ High   MB's album of the day 12/2. Flotsam and Jetsam ~ High Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 11:05 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

Hmm I wonder why you don't like it? I know the production isn't that great. I guess I can overlook that though. For me it's a pretty good album. Flotsam and Jetsam never was a top favorite band of mine. But I do find quite a bit to enjoy with this one.

Some great guitar on it.

Well the production DID blow quite righteously very thin and bland sounding, but the more damning factors are elements like the songs just aren't that memorable. While they did to turn to thrash a bit more like in the old days, there's still alot of the groove left, but its just plodding and boring. Any good parts are quickly shot down by it's lack of consistencey as well. This is album is just a pure trainwreck in all respects.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/2. Flotsam and Jetsam ~ High   MB's album of the day 12/2. Flotsam and Jetsam ~ High Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 5:38 am

It's a great album and i'd say it's also memorable. Lot's of cool riffing.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/2. Flotsam and Jetsam ~ High   MB's album of the day 12/2. Flotsam and Jetsam ~ High Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 5:42 am

I didn't think it was very good at all back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/2. Flotsam and Jetsam ~ High   MB's album of the day 12/2. Flotsam and Jetsam ~ High Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 5:45 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
I didn't think it was very good at all back in the day.

So what do you think of it now?
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/2. Flotsam and Jetsam ~ High   MB's album of the day 12/2. Flotsam and Jetsam ~ High Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 7:24 am

I don't have a desire to go back and listen to it.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/2. Flotsam and Jetsam ~ High   MB's album of the day 12/2. Flotsam and Jetsam ~ High Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 7:56 am

Its not as bad as Cuatro.I'd rather listen to this than that one any day.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/2. Flotsam and Jetsam ~ High   MB's album of the day 12/2. Flotsam and Jetsam ~ High Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 10:04 am

I like this one a lot. 'Monster' and 'High' being 2 favorites on there. I'm probably in the minority here, but I like the latter day F&J over their earlier stuff. I'll take High or My God over Doomsday... I like the groove they added in and Erik had more control over his voice.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/2. Flotsam and Jetsam ~ High   MB's album of the day 12/2. Flotsam and Jetsam ~ High Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 10:51 am

Nothing beats "Doomsday".

I do enjoy "Cuatro" though. And their latest album is not bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/2. Flotsam and Jetsam ~ High   MB's album of the day 12/2. Flotsam and Jetsam ~ High Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 11:52 am

I think Cuatro kicked butt over High. Some of the worst production ever on High.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/2. Flotsam and Jetsam ~ High   MB's album of the day 12/2. Flotsam and Jetsam ~ High Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 3:30 pm

"High" is actually my favorite Flotsam and Jetsam release. I don't have them all though.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/2. Flotsam and Jetsam ~ High   MB's album of the day 12/2. Flotsam and Jetsam ~ High Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 8:09 pm

I like this album. It's not their best but I do enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/2. Flotsam and Jetsam ~ High   MB's album of the day 12/2. Flotsam and Jetsam ~ High Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 10:09 pm

nevermore wrote:
I like this album. It's not their best but I do enjoy it.

Same here. It has a good amount of energy and attitude. The best Flotsam would be the first two albums imo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/2. Flotsam and Jetsam ~ High   MB's album of the day 12/2. Flotsam and Jetsam ~ High Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MB's album of the day 12/2. Flotsam and Jetsam ~ High
Page 1 of 1