Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...

Go down 
+24
vanillaviking
Wargod
nevermore
James B.
SpectreFate
ZombieHavoc
Olafsto
DallasBlack
Infinite
Gilbert
Big Rich
MetalGuy71
adrian
Leatherface
speed101
Eyesore
stormspell
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
A Handful of Wayne
mc666
Troublezone
ultmetal
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... Empty
PostSubject: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 6:01 pm

http://www.pledgemusic.com/artists/flotsamandjetsam

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 6:04 pm

I guess it will only be available through the band and not at stores. If that's the case, i'm gonna put down $15 for the CD copy.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 6:17 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I guess it will only be available through the band and not at stores. If that's the case, i'm gonna put down $15 for the CD copy.

Seems to be the new way of the music business. I'm gonna pledge to get the CD as well.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 6:49 pm

as much as i like the last F&J, i just can't bring myself to buy an album that hasn't been made yet.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 6:57 pm

mc666 wrote:
as much as i like the last F&J, i just can't bring myself to buy an album that hasn't been made yet.

I know that's how a lot of people feel. That's why the new Ultimatum we asked Roxx not to do that. Once the album is nearly done, then they will pre-sell special editions of the CD along with chance to win Ultimatum stuff. That way those who pre-order know they will get it quickly and they will get something extra but it doesn't cost any extra than someone purchasing the CD after the fact.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 8:10 pm

mc666 wrote:

If the band doesn't meet it's 100% or if they end up not making the cd you get your money back. I just did this with Timo Tolkki. He announced another new album he was going to do with the old guys from Stratovarius. A few days later he canceled it and I got my money back.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 8:17 pm

The sample of those 2 songs sounds kind of .......um.......not too promising, especially after their last album. I hope theres some better songs. If not, just from those songs sounds like another Drift (which I liked), but I'd prefer something along the lines of the last album.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 8:24 pm

Well, my crappy computer is not playing the samples but I'd still like to get it regardless so I'm pledging.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 9:18 pm

mc666 wrote:
i just can't bring myself to buy an album that hasn't been made yet.

Agree 100%.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 9:36 pm

Everyone thought Van Halen's new album was gonna suck because of that Tattoo song... So I wouldn't jump the gun with the Flotsam samples.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 9:42 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Everyone thought Van Halen's new album was gonna suck because of that Tattoo song... So I wouldn't jump the gun with the Flotsam samples.

Of course not but have you heard the 2 songs?

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 9:50 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Of course not but have you heard the 2 songs?

Yes i heard them, but they're not long enough to tell if the songs will pick up or have some kind of hook... Plus i doubt they're gonna unleash the best stuff just yet.

Last edited by Troublezone on Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 10:43 pm

They really, really need some uptempo songs and at least a few high screams. The fans would eat it up.

The drums already sound better to me.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 11:04 pm

007 wrote:
Well, my crappy computer is not playing the samples but I'd still like to get it regardless so I'm pledging.

The samples aren't playing for me either.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 2:09 am

Troublezone wrote:

you know, this has been a concern for me for a while. The industry started to notice those pledge websites and the day when some major band will get their fans to pay for an album which then will come out on a major label is approaching...

It happened already with some games. I supported Wasteland 2 assuming the studio wants to make it independent and not tied up to industry standards, but merely two days after the funding was accomplished the Sierra Online major distribution deal was announced... talk about feeling cheated!

Anyhow, regarding F&J, those samples do nothing for me. I also don't like pledgemusic.com because they do not show the goal, and I want to know if the band is reasonable in what they ask for, or they are pulling some sort of a "Vixen" - totally unreachable goal...
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 3:37 am

stormspell wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

you know, this has been a concern for me for a while. The industry started to notice those pledge websites and the day when some major band will get their fans to pay for an album which then will come out on a major label is approaching...

It happened already with some games. I supported Wasteland 2 assuming the studio wants to make it independent and not tied up to industry standards, but merely two days after the funding was accomplished the Sierra Online major distribution deal was announced... talk about feeling cheated!

Anyhow, regarding F&J, those samples do nothing for me. I also don't like pledgemusic.com because they do not show the goal, and I want to know if the band is reasonable in what they ask for, or they are pulling some sort of a "Vixen" - totally unreachable goal...
Oh yeah, you know labels are going to start that crap. Personally, if the prices are reasonable--$15 for a CD, for instance--then I really don't have an issue with it.

But I do take issue with PledgeMusic not showing the monetary goal. They should show that to keep bands honest. For instance, Charlotte Martin is doing this side project thing through Kickstarter. They just tried to raise $80,000 to record an album. Part of that $80,000 was "for a 5k payment to each of the six band members for their musical contributions." That's $30,000, which is an INSANE thing to ask of fans!

Well, that campaign failed, raised only $24,000. Still a lot of money, though, right? Well, guess who's back with a new campaign? Yep. And they only want $20,000 this time...for the same thing! So if $20,000 is enough now, what the hell was the other $60,000 for?

Ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 3:45 am

Has this band done anything good since 1988?Havent heard anything since then.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 4:39 am

Eyesore wrote:
But I do take issue with PledgeMusic not showing the monetary goal. They should show that to keep bands honest. For instance, Charlotte Martin is doing this side project thing through Kickstarter. They just tried to raise $80,000 to record an album. Part of that $80,000 was "for a 5k payment to each of the six band members for their musical contributions." That's $30,000, which is an INSANE thing to ask of fans!

Well, that campaign failed, raised only $24,000. Still a lot of money, though, right? Well, guess who's back with a new campaign? Yep. And they only want $20,000 this time...for the same thing! So if $20,000 is enough now, what the hell was the other $60,000 for?

Ridiculous.

Oh yeah, some bands are plain greedy! I hope those Charlotte Martin fail. I certainly would not have returned if I was backing them at first place!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 5:15 am

I hope the album does great for them, but I hope they change that crappy title. Ugly Noise?!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 10:56 am

speed101 wrote:
Has this band done anything good since 1988?Havent heard anything since then.
Absolutely.

Check out Dreams of Death and the latest: The Cold. Both are fantastic albums that I listen to quite regularly. Unnatural Selection and My God are also worth checking out, though aren't as good in my opinion. And since you said 88 I'm assuming you haven't heard When the Storm Comes Down which is pretty similar to the first two

Anyways, I'll be doing the cd pledge. 15 is a fair price and what it should be for all these pledges I think
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 1:12 pm

S.D. wrote:
mc666 wrote:
i just can't bring myself to buy an album that hasn't been made yet.

Agree 100%.

Same here. I'd probably get it once it's a reality though.

Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 677

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 2:05 pm

ultmetal wrote:
mc666 wrote:

I know that's how a lot of people feel. That's why the new Ultimatum we asked Roxx not to do that. Once the album is nearly done, then they will pre-sell special editions of the CD along with chance to win Ultimatum stuff. That way those who pre-order know they will get it quickly and they will get something extra but it doesn't cost any extra than someone purchasing the CD after the fact.

I have no problem with a band like Ultimatum doing this, and would most likely pledge just to help you guys out. But bands like F and J doing this? Nah, they have enough of a following to make a record on their own, or should be able to.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 2:19 pm

Didn't F&J's last album come out on the former K0rn guy's label (y'know, the dude who left K0rn cuz he found God, whatever his name is)?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 2:26 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Didn't F&J's last album come out on the former K0rn guy's label (y'know, the dude who left K0rn cuz he found God, whatever his name is)?

yep

Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 2:31 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
And then was picked up by Nuclear Blast
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...   Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flotsam & Jetsam new album pledge drive...
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next