Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Flotsam And Jetsam

Go down 
+8
Zdan
Sword Of The Heretic
Leatherface
nevermore
Temple of Blood
Troublezone
A Handful of Wayne
12 posters
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

New Flotsam And Jetsam Empty
PostSubject: New Flotsam And Jetsam   New Flotsam And Jetsam Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 11:12 am

Heres a song off the new album on their myspace called "Take". Sounds pretty good.

http://www.myspace.com/fandj

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39559

PostSubject: Re: New Flotsam And Jetsam   New Flotsam And Jetsam Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 11:24 am

I like it ! I was a little bit disappointed with Dreams Of Death so I'm hoping this will be a step up. Definite buy for me though.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: New Flotsam And Jetsam   New Flotsam And Jetsam Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 12:02 pm

New Flotsam And Jetsam 11840
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New Flotsam And Jetsam   New Flotsam And Jetsam Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 1:25 pm

This isn't doing much for me.

I thought DoD was pretty good but not great.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

PostSubject: Re: New Flotsam And Jetsam   New Flotsam And Jetsam Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 6:07 pm

I thought it was ok. I'd like to hear more from the upcoming album.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New Flotsam And Jetsam   New Flotsam And Jetsam Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 6:45 pm

Only thing I wasn't crazy about was the drums. I hope those aren't programmed. I thought they were better than that. I guess being a drummer thats one of my pet pieves. Sometimes it can be pulled off but if its not done right you can tell instantly and its a huge turn off.

The last album would have been awesome with a better production. It sounded like it was put onto cd from low quality mp3's. Something very wierd with the sound of that one.

I liked the song. I think it was pretty catchy. They won't be anything like No Place For Disgrace again but I don't think I would want them to be. I'd be happy with a Cuatro part II

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18924

PostSubject: Re: New Flotsam And Jetsam   New Flotsam And Jetsam Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 1:09 am

Sounds good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: New Flotsam And Jetsam   New Flotsam And Jetsam Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 10:37 am

I seriously doubt this will be as good as "Cuatro". This song certainly doesn't indicate that it will.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Flotsam And Jetsam   New Flotsam And Jetsam Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 1:12 am

I think this will be a very good record.
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

PostSubject: Re: New Flotsam And Jetsam   New Flotsam And Jetsam Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 6:28 pm

I have been youtubing many of the songs from the album, and I'm going to say that I think this album kicks major butt. I will be buying it soon. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: New Flotsam And Jetsam   New Flotsam And Jetsam Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 6:30 pm

I like the album but it's VERY Nevermore-ish. Not that this is a bad thing as I love Nevemore personally.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Flotsam And Jetsam   New Flotsam And Jetsam Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 6:45 pm

Zdan wrote:
I like the album but it's VERY Nevermore-ish. Not that this is a bad thing as I love Nevemore personally.

That's what i thought also.
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: New Flotsam And Jetsam   New Flotsam And Jetsam Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 6:47 pm

I like the album it will be in my end of year top ten
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
Metal Nox
Metal novice
Metal novice
Metal Nox

Number of posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: New Flotsam And Jetsam   New Flotsam And Jetsam Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 8:15 pm

Sounds Good!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Flotsam And Jetsam   New Flotsam And Jetsam Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 8:45 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Zdan wrote:

That's what i thought also.

Now that you guys mentioned it, I think I can agree. Could be why I like is so much, major aggression with catchy meldoy.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Flotsam And Jetsam   New Flotsam And Jetsam Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:12 am

Zdan wrote:

Reading that, it makes me want the album even MORE! I've only heard the single ('Take'?) which I liked pretty well. Hopefully, I'll be getting some gift cards for Christmas. This album is on the short-list.

In anticipation, I've been re-listening to their whole discography a little at a time. While not every album is top notch, I think their catalog is pretty consistant. I haven't played them all yet, but I haven't found any unlistenable. Cuatro is on deck this week.

PostSubject: Re: New Flotsam And Jetsam   New Flotsam And Jetsam Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:14 am

FYI, I hear NOTHING remotely Nevermore-ish on this album. If that's a selling point for you MG, you may be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Flotsam And Jetsam   New Flotsam And Jetsam Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:18 am

SpectreFate wrote:
FYI, I hear NOTHING remotely Nevermore-ish on this album. If that's a selling point for you MG, you may be disappointed.

Not so much a selling point really. I'm getting this album no matter what. I've enjoyed their later, more groove-oriented works, sometimes more than their all out thrash of the early days. I think I'm one of the few that likes Dreams of Death. So I'm looking forward to this one regardless. If it is shades of Nevermore, great. Icing on the cake for me.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: New Flotsam And Jetsam   New Flotsam And Jetsam Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 12:42 pm

I like "Dreams of Death" too. Like, but not love.

It probably sounds closer to NEVERMORE than "Doomsday for the Deceiver", which is where those comments are coming from. It's relatively speaking.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Flotsam And Jetsam   New Flotsam And Jetsam Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 7:54 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Zdan wrote:

Reading that, it makes me want the album even MORE! I've only heard the single ('Take'?) which I liked pretty well. Hopefully, I'll be getting some gift cards for Christmas. This album is on the short-list.

In anticipation, I've been re-listening to their whole discography a little at a time. While not every album is top notch, I think their catalog is pretty consistant. I haven't played them all yet, but I haven't found any unlistenable. Cuatro is on deck this week.

The only one that i find unlistenable is Unnatural Selection. The production is piss poor...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Flotsam And Jetsam   New Flotsam And Jetsam Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 7:56 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

I think it's the atmosphere of the songs more than the musical delivery.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Flotsam And Jetsam   New Flotsam And Jetsam Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 7:58 pm

Quote :

I like "Dreams of Death" too. Like, but not love.

Same here. Even though the production is dull...

I like the "nightmare theme" of the record.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Flotsam And Jetsam   New Flotsam And Jetsam Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Flotsam And Jetsam
Page 1 of 1